CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site??

+18
Koily_K-Lo
lena73
Karyn
mverde3
bambiix2
Lilith_Eve
LilyFlower8604
sweetdrk1
~JOME~
Muz
*CurlyNikki*
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
Butterfly126
Hollis
LuvMeLuvMyFro
popsbaby
cdawnlujan
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site?? Empty Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site??

Post by cdawnlujan 18th March 2010, 12:45 pm

Let me start off and say I LOVE CN!!! I love this site because I felt like naturals from all over can come together and share, support, encourage and listen to others when it came to natural hair. I have been reading some posts and I have noticed more and more negative comments being placed by a certain person ( I won't say the name) and it's really sad because it brings such negativity to the site. Am I the only one who realizes this? Thoughts? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site?? Empty Re: Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site??

Post by popsbaby 18th March 2010, 12:58 pm

Yes I have noticed, and yes I am annoyed. However, I think that it has died down for now. Some folks just like to start mess for their own personal gratification, which is very sad. It may be an indication of a deeper issue, maybe insecurity.

Or she could just be an emotionless cyborg created to bring down the natural community at any cost. Her mission is to find us all and force us to submit to the creamy crack.

I'm just sayin.... you never know...

Anyhoo, I love this site and "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girls!!!"
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site?? Empty Re: Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site??

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 18th March 2010, 1:00 pm

Razz Cyborg
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 18th March 2010, 1:16 pm

I of course have noticed it too, but now I am realizing the best thing to do is completely ignore her comments. For all we know her intentions were to just get everyone worked up or like popsbaby said maybe she really is trying to get everyone to submit to the creamy crack. It was seeming like that at one point.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 18th March 2010, 1:23 pm

Yeah I agree! But it's just sad that we have some negativity out there on this site (even though negativity is everywhere). "Can't we all just get along???" lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 18th March 2010, 1:42 pm

I think we ALL know exactly who she is but thanks to popsbaby28 I feel a little better knowing that she might be a "cyborg" and not just a mean girl!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 18th March 2010, 1:46 pm

I know! I mean dang, we are here for HAIR -natural hair, and it's bad enough some of us hear negative remarks from our family, co workers, hell society even, but to hear it on a site where we are all in the same boat as far as wanting to learn our natural hair is just sad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 18th March 2010, 1:54 pm

cdl~ Her issues are her problem, not ours. And remember, she is still in high school. Some kids just don't know how to act.
She's in for a rude awakening becuase the real world is gonna knock her straight on her tail with a nasty attitude like that.

But guess what... We're still here and we're still fabulous!!! Yay US!!
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 1:56 pm

popsbaby28 wrote:Yes I have noticed, and yes I am annoyed. However, I think that it has died down for now. Some folks just like to start mess for their own personal gratification, which is very sad. It may be an indication of a deeper issue, maybe insecurity.

Or she could just be an emotionless cyborg created to bring down the natural community at any cost. Her mission is to find us all and force us to submit to the creamy crack.

I'm just sayin.... you never know...

Anyhoo, I love this site and "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girls!!!"

LMAO!!! On the Cyborg created to bring us down.. Emphasis on EMOTIONLESS.. I thought it was only my thread that was hit until Hollis pointed out that it was others also effected by it. I then did my research and was like well GOT DAYUM!! It is more than one that was super sensitive and negative. I have said it before and will state again that it is a self esteem issue.

**KEY NOTE**

If you do not love yourself then you will never know how to love others.

I have noticed the negativity and I am glad that it has died down. I love the fact that when it did start up.. We were adults and througto shut it down and move on to a more positive note. I knew this thread was about to start because those (that are not named) were getting besides themselves.

BTW I love yalls hair.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 18th March 2010, 1:57 pm

cdawnlewis wrote:I know! I mean dang, we are here for HAIR -natural hair, and it's bad enough some of us hear negative remarks from our family, co workers, hell society even, but to hear it on a site where we are all in the same boat as far as wanting to learn our natural hair is just sad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I totally agree with this! Coming to this site is like my escape from all the negativity so when I see it here it's somewhat of a turnoff...I've stopped frequenting other sites because of negativity and cattiness. But I know that here the good heavily outweighs the bad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 18th March 2010, 1:59 pm

Anyone ever notice how it's always the people with no pictures that start the most mess? That just proves how cowardly they are!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 18th March 2010, 2:14 pm

Haha! ^^ I know I was thinking the same thing!
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 18th March 2010, 2:15 pm

But I am glad that we do have eachother's back! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 18th March 2010, 3:25 pm

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!! That sucks... I'll take care of it!
Thanks ladies for keeping it positive and upbeat Smile
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 18th March 2010, 3:36 pm

I think I know who everyone is talking about (and I'm not just saying that to sound like I'm in the loop Laughing Razz ), but after reading one of the person's first posts, I never bothered with any of her other posts, so I suppose I haven't been very annoyed by it because I've been ignoring it. LOL
Smile

Last edited by Muz on 18th March 2010, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cdawnlujan 18th March 2010, 3:36 pm

WE all love this site Nikki! Thank YOU for creating it!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cdawnlujan
cdawnlujan

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 18th March 2010, 3:42 pm

Yeah, I noticed the negativity too....seems like all the threads made by this certain person reflects self-hatred...because she is a natural? (Am I reading this right, lol?) Glad it's getting taken care of...

On a side note, when popsbaby28 said "cyborg"...why did I think of Mr. Anderson from the Matrix series, LOL?
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th March 2010, 3:53 pm

I knew Nikki would fix it!!! Places everybody...let's the curly fellowship continue
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 18th March 2010, 3:58 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I knew Nikki would fix it!!! Places everybody...let's the curly fellowship continue

Lights, camera.......ACTION!!!!
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 18th March 2010, 4:38 pm

Now I feel super slow, because I don't know who this person is and all I've ever seen on the forum is sisterhood and support, which is great.

Besides there's enough of us on here for the right purposes than there are for the wrong. Very Happy
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 5:28 pm

LilyFlower8604 you are correct. We over power negativity with this strong sisterhood. It will keep going. Even the threads with the negativity ended positive. So we stick together for the good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 18th March 2010, 8:53 pm

I used to frequent a few other boards and there is a specific name for people like the poster whom we're all referring to. They're called trolls. They post simply to demean, degrade and annoy. I've been ignoring her since her first negative post. Those kinds of posters get easy to spot after a while. I was just so surprised to see one on this site lol. She does seem to have disappeared for now, but the best advice I can give all of you is to just ignore her posts from now on.

Like I've seen on other boards, "Don't feed the trolls!" When you attempt to reason or start arguing, you're feeding her.
Let's keep the positivity and sisterhood going! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by bambiix2 18th March 2010, 9:28 pm

i dunno , i know who you mean .. and to be honest .. she just seems to be a blunt honest person to me
bambiix2
bambiix2

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 18th March 2010, 9:36 pm

I feel slow as well because I have no idea who this is about but I love this site.
You all are awesome Smile

@bambiix2 - Your eye makeup is gorgeous !
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 18th March 2010, 10:07 pm

I think it's time to let her posts be ignored. She hasn't posted in a few days now..

@bambiix2
Yeah, she does seem to be blunt and honest, but sometimes there are better ways to word what you have to say without offending. I'm extremely blunt and honest, but I know how to not hurt peoples feelings while still being honest.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next