CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

+56
CocoEuro
priceless
QuietButterfly
krazy coils
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
LadyMika
.:Eden:.
AfrikanLatina
missmoriah
tiffyd
Serenity23
Nikcoils
ktoliver5303
NaturalNixon
CrissyQ
Winnielours
Corygentri
StephanieB
truet
lovesunshine17
neethair
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
LaToya28
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
MellowOne
swoodward
Muz
mstokes2008
FemmeFox
mochamoments
Mz. Thang
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Courtney
traveljunkie08
TMS
jamaicacurl
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
CocaColaCutie
MsJay1121
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
jcanalena79
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
KeishaMac
curly+kinky+fierce
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteé
BlondeByDesire
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
60 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by SheeTacular 30th March 2010, 9:43 pm

Love the Avatar!!! Love the twists. Keep in mind that I'm no expert but maybe if you flat twist on damp hair and make them a lil skinnier.

Smooches
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-) PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-)

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th March 2010, 10:23 pm

IB your flat twists and twist out looks great. I am loving some Qhemet right now. I haven't really figured out how to use all of the products just yet but I live the way they smell and feel on my hair when I do use them. I used the AOHC tonight as a matter of fact. Always makes my hair soft and well moisturized.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by mochamoments 31st March 2010, 12:10 am

your flat twists look great!
mochamoments
mochamoments

http://www.mochamomentsmom.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 12:26 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:THat hair before washing is not YUCK! That is a funky Afro right there! and Oh MY!! I was looking at Lynn's success and see your new AVATAR and I am sitting here with my mouth open!!! OUTSTANDING!!

Thanks Sweet. I have to get use to THAT look on me. On others I see the beauty but not on me.. Laughing

newcurlieque wrote:Love the hair IB!

Thank you Smile

MellowOne wrote:Your flat twist look so neat and chunky. I like the end result.

Thank you Smile

Lynnieluve wrote:When I read the part about your hair being damp when you unraveled, I was like "uh oh....frizz and/or poofy" You made it work. I like the chunky twist out puff!!

I know but it wasn't THAT damp, geeesshhh. I truly believe it was a mix of that and no real product. But it gave me a difference result. At least I know that now........ Laughing

KeishaMac wrote:Hi IB! I liked the second twistout as well. Different products and weather yield different results. That is definitely the difference with natural hair. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Icon_razz

I haven't done too much to my hair lately, but I did do a cassia treatment over the weekend last week. I loved the fact that my hair is so much curlier than before! I have curls popping everywhere. Today, I am trying my first hand at a braidout using cornrows. I used to think that I couldn't cornrow at all, but it just takes a little more thought. Still too much work to do to play too much, lol! The mini twists may come late next week, but I am afraid to blow dry my hair, so I have to stretch it out another way.

I also liked the twist/roller set you did at the beginning of the BC. I would like to see that on you again. I found that I have more length too, so I would like to see what the difference is between then and now. Just curious...

Oh btw, I did not know that CN was on FB! I will have to go there soon. Thanks for the info!

I am having fun, KMac. It's like I am having my hand in fro disease by just constantly doing flat twists.... Razz . I am going to stop though. I will not redo my hair until Friday night. I MEAN IT Laughing
The roller set is next on my agenda for easter weekend. That should be interesting since I will have to try to get my hair straight on the roller Rolling Eyes . The front and sides shouldn't be a problem but the back will Laughing
I have never tried cassia but I love henna. I need to do that soon too. Laughing Let me know how the cornrows come out. bounce

mstokes2008 wrote:I love those fat flat twists and the resulting twistout!!!

Thank you Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 12:32 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Love the Avatar!!! Love the twists. Keep in mind that I'm no expert but maybe if you flat twist on damp hair and make them a lil skinnier.

Smooches

Thanks Shee. I want to try it on damp, stretched hair but I will wait until I get more length. Smile
bTW, love that sassy new avi Laughing

DvaAuNaturel wrote:IB your flat twists and twist out looks great. I am loving some Qhemet right now. I haven't really figured out how to use all of the products just yet but I live the way they smell and feel on my hair when I do use them. I used the AOHC tonight as a matter of fact. Always makes my hair soft and well moisturized.

Thank you. See BLond By Desire or KinkyNappyHappy about uses of QB. They have it all and love it.
I love AO HSR condish. That is one of my staples, for sure.

mochamoments wrote:your flat twists look great!

Thank you Smile

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 31st March 2010, 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st March 2010, 12:55 am

It took me a while to get the hang of the Hydrating Balm too. But once I did I love it. The consistency scared me at first. It's really good for sealing. I've repurchased it, actually. It's a keeper.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 1:02 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:It took me a while to get the hang of the Hydrating Balm too. But once I did I love it. The consistency scared me at first. It's really good for sealing. I've repurchased it, actually. It's a keeper.

Yes I am noticing that sealing is where this balm comes in handy. Which is something you can't tell right away, but over time you see the length retention from it.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st March 2010, 1:11 am

I also use it for puffs and to add shine on a twist out. But my new product for this is Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. It may be replacing it. Even though I have full jars of both. Lol.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 1:15 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I also use it for puffs and to add shine on a twist out. But my new product for this is Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. It may be replacing it. Even though I have full jars of both. Lol.

I have heard about that Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I will have to look out for that on the product swaps...... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 31st March 2010, 1:17 am

I really like the twist-out/fro ... I disagree that it looks the same as before --- from in front of this computer screen ( IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Icon_lol ) it looks more moisturized and defined and shiny!!!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 1:18 am

jcanalena79 wrote:I really like the twist-out/fro ... I disagree that it looks the same as before --- from in front of this computer screen ( IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Icon_lol ) it looks more moisturized and defined and shiny!!!

Yes, I guess I will have to agree with that beacause it was. Thank you Jc. Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 6:03 am

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
ROMANS 5:8-10
----------------HOLY WEEK: JUSTIFIED

Good Wednesday morning:
So today is really my youngest son's birthday. My miracle child. Thank God he has made it through 2 years of his life and has made mommy and daddy proud to be his parents. May he have many more healthy, prosperous, and successful years to come. xoxoxoxoxo I love you

As for my hair, I have decided to flat twist it and leave it. No twist out until Thursday morning, maybe. It is still rainy over here and I want to give the hair a little break. I used my homemade curly pudding then overlaid the QB olive and honey hydrating balm over it. I also twisted differently with bantu knot-like ends. I WILL POST PICS LATER.

I have decided for work I need styles that are extremely low to no maintance. So I will keep it extremely simple on work nights from now on.

Reading hair stuff again, I learned a very nice hair tip. It is best to make parts or sections from the ends to roots. Not root to tip. I know I was sticking the comb in then separting from root to tip, which was causing problems because the curls would get angry and knot and tangle. I love this tip and hope I remember it next hair day (Friday).

HAVE A GREAT DAY DOLLS!!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st March 2010, 7:31 am

Good Morning IB - I agree with everyone the style came out fine. The one problem I might see is that maybe you are not getting the definition you want. The length and style process are on point. I still believe it may boil down to finding that one product. The shine and moisture are incredible. I agree with Shee try smaller sections with the flat twists. I get the best definition with wet hair but I know you don't want the shrinkage. But try it and then the next night re-do the flat twists it will stretch out even more. Also I do the grab and go method I don't use a comb at all only if i run into a snag at the very end of a twist or braid out.

I have to do low maintenance styles too because of my schedule - that's why I try to maintain a style for the full work week.

Remember we are all still learning. I know I still am - I've learned this week the AfroVeda Cocolatte doesn't do anything for my hair moisture wise.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 7:57 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Good Morning IB - I agree with everyone the style came out fine. The one problem I might see is that maybe you are not getting the definition you want. The length and style process are on point. I still believe it may boil down to finding that one product. The shine and moisture are incredible. I agree with Shee try smaller sections with the flat twists. I get the best definition with wet hair but I know you don't want the shrinkage. But try it and then the next night re-do the flat twists it will stretch out even more. Also I do the grab and go method I don't use a comb at all only if i run into a snag at the very end of a twist or braid out.

I have to do low maintenance styles too because of my schedule - that's why I try to maintain a style for the full work week.

Remember we are all still learning. I know I still am - I've learned this week the AfroVeda Cocolatte doesn't do anything for my hair moisture wise.

GOOD MONRING,
Thanks BBD. Yes, I am definitely still learning. That is why I was using all kinds of products and in different combos. But I really like the homemade curly pudding. I think that gave me the best results so far. The moisture level, shine, definition, and no frizz from a kitchen concoction....lol. The twists and twist out from it was the best. I finally got a chance last night to really try to get more of those permed ends off too. So hopefully, those ends will look better now.

Btw, you are doing a fabulous job with your hair. cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st March 2010, 8:13 am

That's great ... I found a couple straight pieces too in front of my hair I had to get rid of. I'm glad the concoction is working for you. Then there is no need to do anything different - you just find products that work with it. Fleurtzy (sp?) Of Textured Playground has made her own products that has gotten some great reviews on NC - of course I'm waiting on my order - all natural.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 8:24 am

I know I have been checking it out. You are too much with all these product Laughing
I find the more natural I go, the better my hair does and really retains it's softness and moisture. But also the more natural products I see, the more I want to make it myself and figure out the formula Laughing I guess it is just the chemist in me Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 31st March 2010, 9:15 am

Good Morning IB-

I saw your new avatar on Nubie's page and wanted to stop by to say Hi and that your hair is looking Great. I see you are really enjoying it. Lovin your last twist out.

Have a great day and God is Good. I know he will continue to Love all over your family.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st March 2010, 9:56 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:

Reading hair stuff again, I learned a very nice hair tip. It is best to make parts or sections from the ends to roots. Not root to tip. I know I was sticking the comb in then separting from root to tip, which was causing problems because the curls would get angry and knot and tangle.

How do you do that? It seems like you would get more tangles/frizz trying to separate or part your hair from tip to root.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 31st March 2010, 10:04 am

^^^ I was wondering the same thing ... that's why I use the grab and go method, I find the natural separation and take it from there.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 31st March 2010, 10:26 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Reading hair stuff again, I learned a very nice hair tip. It is best to make parts or sections from the ends to roots. Not root to tip. I know I was sticking the comb in then separting from root to tip, which was causing problems because the curls would get angry and knot and tangle. I love this tip and hope I remember it next hair day (Friday).HAVE A GREAT DAY DOLLS!!!!!

Interesting, I have done that but only when my hair is extremely tangled. I never thought about doing it all the time.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st March 2010, 12:01 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:^^^ I was wondering the same thing ... that's why I use the grab and go method, I find the natural separation and take it from there.

BBD ITA. I use a comb as little as possible. I just use my fingers too. Not sure how I would part from end to root vs. root to end. I'll be looking forward to everyone's responses on that.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 31st March 2010, 1:08 pm

Hi IB

Just checking in to see what's new with you today!! I plan to only use my comb to detangle when I shampoo only. I think my problem with twists was my need to part. Not sure if I understand the end to root process...need to see video on that one.

Have a blessed day..KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 4:58 pm

neethair wrote:Good Morning IB-

I saw your new avatar on Nubie's page and wanted to stop by to say Hi and that your hair is looking Great. I see you are really enjoying it. Lovin your last twist out.

Have a great day and God is Good. I know he will continue to Love all over your family.

Thank you so much. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Icon_biggrin

Lynnieluve wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:

Reading hair stuff again, I learned a very nice hair tip. It is best to make parts or sections from the ends to roots. Not root to tip. I know I was sticking the comb in then separting from root to tip, which was causing problems because the curls would get angry and knot and tangle.

How do you do that? It seems like you would get more tangles/frizz trying to separate or part your hair from tip to root.

BlondeByDesire wrote:^^^ I was wondering the same thing ... that's why I use the grab and go method, I find the natural separation and take it from there.

Hey Lynn and BBD, sometimes I use a comb to part the hair but many times I do grab and section the natural part also. But I notice my roots are easy to part either way but once I get to the tips, the curls overlap each other. This overlap, if pulled apart, can result in a knot or breakage at the tips of the curls. So I have to take it from the ends and untwist the curls then separate to get out of the knot. I hope that makes sense.

tiashauntee wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Reading hair stuff again, I learned a very nice hair tip. It is best to make parts or sections from the ends to roots. Not root to tip. I know I was sticking the comb in then separting from root to tip, which was causing problems because the curls would get angry and knot and tangle. I love this tip and hope I remember it next hair day (Friday).HAVE A GREAT DAY DOLLS!!!!!

Interesting, I have done that but only when my hair is extremely tangled. I never thought about doing it all the time.

Yes, that is when I do that too. When I am already tangled up the curls from my part IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Icon_lol . But yes, I will be doing it from the beginning from now on, especially those back curls. It makes perfect sense.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

BBD ITA. I use a comb as little as possible. I just use my fingers too. Not sure how I would part from end to root vs. root to end. I'll be looking forward to everyone's responses on that.

I hope my explaination made sense.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hi IB

Just checking in to see what's new with you today!! I plan to only use my comb to detangle when I shampoo only. I think my problem with twists was my need to part. Not sure if I understand the end to root process...need to see video on that one.

Have a blessed day..KNH

The comb, when I use it, is only for a straight part. Not for any other reason. I hope the explaination above makes sense.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 31st March 2010, 5:12 pm

I think I understand your explanation. What part of your routine are you in when you do this? Styling?

I use my comb all the time when I am styling. My coils are tight and finger detangling alone just doesnt cut it. When I do twist my hair without combing it, my twist outs arent as nice as they could be.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st March 2010, 5:23 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I think I understand your explanation. What part of your routine are you in when you do this? Styling?

I use my comb all the time when I am styling. My coils are tight and finger detangling alone just doesnt cut it. When I do twist my hair without combing it, my twist outs arent as nice as they could be.

Yes in the styling phase. I use a comb sometimes to part but once curly pudding is in, it is much easier to detangle with comb for twists. IntelligentBeauty;-)  PICS OF DESTINY LOVING WATER;-) - Page 12 Icon_smile

So basically doing it this new way, you are detangling from the tip then working your way down the root.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next