CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get THICK HAIR

+3
Hollis
MJFAN1980
7 posters

Go down

How to get THICK HAIR Empty How to get THICK HAIR

Post by * 22nd March 2010, 2:00 pm

Please help me, I used to have thick hair, I don't know what happened. So please, help me what can I use to thicken my hair. By the way, thanks to everyone on this forum. I have learned alot from reading the various posts on how to care for my hair. I just started using Giovanni Silk shampoo and conditioner, and I LOVE IT!!, and I use Kinky-Kurly, and EVOO on top. Any suggestion will help. I have heard of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and henna, but I haven't tried them yet. Thanks in advanced [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Stay Beautiful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

How to get THICK HAIR Empty Re: How to get THICK HAIR

Post by MJFAN1980 22nd March 2010, 9:26 pm

You don't consider you hair thick in your picture? That looks pretty thick to me unless that's an old picture.

MJFAN1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 22nd March 2010, 11:07 pm

Your hair looks amazing in your picture. I have been trying to get my hair thick how yours looks in your picture. Is that an old picture or did you fluff it real good and than take the picture? I think the jamaican black castor oil and henna should help you. My hair was falling out from flat ironing it too much at one point and I started using the aubrey organics gpb proteimn balancing shampoo and conditioner and that helped to restore my hair. You have to be careful if you are protein sensitive though.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by * 23rd March 2010, 8:55 am

Hollis wrote:Your hair looks amazing in your picture. I have been trying to get my hair thick how yours looks in your picture. Is that an old picture or did you fluff it real good and than take the picture? I think the jamaican black castor oil and henna should help you. My hair was falling out from flat ironing it too much at one point and I started using the aubrey organics gpb proteimn balancing shampoo and conditioner and that helped to restore my hair. You have to be careful if you are protein sensitive though.
Wow thanks, i fluffed it. My hair used to be thick, but i guess because i'm getting older, its thinning. I guess the reason why i feel like it's thin is because one of my coworkers said it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol. I will try the Jamaican black castor oil, i'm afraid to try the henna, because knowing me, i will mess it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by * 23rd March 2010, 8:56 am

I yeah, actually i took this picture about 2 weeks ago

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 23rd March 2010, 12:20 pm

I'm still testing out some products but everyone is right for recommending the JBCO. My roots are super thick. I have used it practically everyday for 5 months now and my hair is loving it. I also add it to my conditioners and creams plus adding it to my hair straight out of the bottle.

Now that I know this works I'm looking for something a little more cheaper and isn't hard to get because they are always sold out. I;m going to experiment with some India Oils. It's called Dabur Vatika and they make different oils to help the hair. On payday I will order them and try them out to see if they make my hair thicker, stronger and healthy.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd March 2010, 1:13 pm

Curlicious E wrote:Please help me, I used to have thick hair, I don't know what happened. So please, help me what can I use to thicken my hair. By the way, thanks to everyone on this forum. I have learned alot from reading the various posts on how to care for my hair. I just started using Giovanni Silk shampoo and conditioner, and I LOVE IT!!, and I use Kinky-Kurly, and EVOO on top. Any suggestion will help. I have heard of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and henna, but I haven't tried them yet. Thanks in advanced [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Stay Beautiful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have this deer in headlights look because.. Um... your pic... looks like you have a head FULL of thick hair.. I mean i understand you said you fluffed it. But good lawd, I am going to need you to teach me that fluffing method.. I use the EVOO and Jamacian Black Cator Oil. You should maybe also try safe styles so you wont heave to mess with your hair often and give it a break. But to me your hair is supa in this pic.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 23rd March 2010, 10:30 pm

Maybe your coworker was jealous or something IDK, cause I don't see how anyone could say your hair is thin. I'm with ktoliver you are going to have to show me how to fluff like that too lol.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 24th March 2010, 8:28 am

Yeah I'm going to agree that maybe your coworker was jealous or just stupid. hahahaha

Seriously, I know what you mean as we get older the density of our hair changes. It looks thick, but in our own hands its not the same. I have this same problem. What I've found to help is the JBCO and bentonite clay. There are a few threads that you can find by searching under bentonite clay in the search box. Bentonite has made my hair denser and my curls super defined and pop. Add that along with just good moisturizing my hair has thickened up a lot.

Along with JBCO you can play with a few different oils that are known for growth and may help with thickness:
Hair loss/Growth Stimulating:
Oils: seabuckthorn
Herbs: basil, burdock, nettle, parsley, rosemary, sage, yarrow, kelp (strengthens roots), horsetail, hibiscus, fenugreek, coconut milk, lavender, birch, watercress (encourages thick growth), yucca, thyme, and coltsfoot.
EO’s: basil, cajute, carrot seed, cedarwood, clary sage, cypress, eucalyptus, juniper, lavender, orange, peppermint, rosemary, clary sage, thyme, ylang ylang, lemon, yarrow, lemon balm, parsley.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 5th July 2010, 1:27 am

If you want thick hair it has to come from your scalp.

Ive been using Biotin fr 2 years. It starts working within the 1st week. I notice it first in my nails. Biotin thickens nails and hairs.

i promise you. Just try it and you will see the results in your new growth out your scalp.

As for the hair you already have I would just buy a voumizing shampoo and use mousse.

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down