CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thin or Thick Hair

+2
TutuKia
BornAgainCurlz
6 posters

Go down

Thin or Thick Hair Empty Thin or Thick Hair

Post by BornAgainCurlz 7th March 2010, 2:12 pm

I read somewhere that you can tell you have thin hair if you need to wrap a hair tie around multiple time and thick hair if it feels tight after the second wrap but my hair is too short to try this test. So how do I figure out if my hair is thin, medium or thick? It looks like I have thick hair but I feel that my tightly coiled curls are the the culprit of this illusion....I don't know....maybe....I guess? lol
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Thin or Thick Hair Empty Re: Thin or Thick Hair

Post by BornAgainCurlz 7th March 2010, 2:29 pm

So I think I found the answer to my own question in the Curl Whisperer article on protein treatments.
The other day I uses a protein treatment and it left my hair feeling dry and just plain nasty. According to Tiffany that is the result when your hair already has a lot of protein as is typical of coarse/thick hair.
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by TutuKia 7th March 2010, 2:45 pm

Ummmm doesn't thick hair look like ....thick hair? lol Razz

TutuKia

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 7th March 2010, 4:44 pm

Well some people have thick hair and others just have a lot of hair...meaning that it may appear to be thick because of the amount of hair follicles but the strands in themselves may not be thick
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 7th March 2010, 5:27 pm

TutuKia wrote:Ummmm doesn't thick hair look like ....thick hair? lol Razz

Nope....

My daughter has A LOT of hair and it gives the perception that her hair is thick. But her strands are VERY fine and tangle easily. Now my strands are thick and I have a lot of hair. So from my experience, just b/c ones hair looks thick, doesn't mean it actually is.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TutuKia 7th March 2010, 5:31 pm

oooop2 wrote:
TutuKia wrote:Ummmm doesn't thick hair look like ....thick hair? lol Razz

Nope....

My daughter has A LOT of hair and it gives the perception that her hair is thick. But her strands are VERY fine and tangle easily. Now my strands are thick and I have a lot of hair. So from my experience, just b/c ones hair looks thick, doesn't mean it actually is.

So basically thick strands and thick hair are two different things then? o.0 I don't think I've look at any one strand of hair on anyones head before xD lol Interesting though >.< now I wonder if my hair is thick or my strands and overall hair o.0

TutuKia

Back to top Go down

Post by BornAgainCurlz 7th March 2010, 10:23 pm

@tutukia thats exactly what i said! thats why i put the question out there.

i actually took a strand of my hair an looked at it but since i dont have anything to compare it with it was no help at all. i think im going to say my hair is thick b/c if i apply a product with protein it gets so dry i could start a fire! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BornAgainCurlz
BornAgainCurlz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th March 2010, 11:44 pm

Another way to tell is to take a strand of hair and feel it between your thumb and forefinger. If you can barely feel the strand, it is fine. If the hair strand is nearly the thickness of thread, your hair is thick. If it is between, it is a medium thickness. This is what I recall from The Curl Whisperer's e-book and website, Live Curly Live Free.

You likely have all three on your head.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 8th March 2010, 1:32 am

Very interesting conversation ladies. I had my hair straightened so I could get my ends trimmed and the stylist remarked that my hair was thick. NOW, as a child, my mom referred to my sister's hair as thick but never mine. So, it struck me odd to hear that. So now- I don't know! I think I have all 3 though based on some of the comments here.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down