CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna for already thick hair??

4 posters

Go down

Henna for already thick hair?? Empty Henna for already thick hair??

Post by msjakkia 9th November 2009, 6:07 pm

I have reading a lot on henna, but it seems that it is more for those who have thin or fine hair. The goal of henna is thickening and improving texture right? Well, I have coarse hair and don't know if it's best that I use this. Henna could make my coarse hair feel like straw if my assumptions are correct and I don't want that. Any advice?
msjakkia
msjakkia

Back to top Go down

Henna for already thick hair?? Empty Try it a few times to see if you like it...

Post by locfreeme 19th November 2009, 1:30 pm

My hair is super-thick and I used to be afraid henna would make it unbearable. It doesn't, though, at least not all over my head. Instead, I get softer (after a few days), stronger, and shinier hair with nice natural looking color instead. Sometimes I do extra henna/indigo treatments just around my hairline to make it stronger and I do notice a slight thickening effect on that part of my hair, which I do want.

I get softer hair from henna when I make my mix a little thinner and when I use henna only instead of a henna/indigo mixture. You can add amla powder for more softening. I also find that Jamila 2009 henna rinses out my hair more easily than other hennas I've tried (Lush, and Mehandi).

locfreeme

Back to top Go down

Henna for already thick hair?? Empty Re: Henna for already thick hair??

Post by kinky_situation 19th November 2009, 4:15 pm

I agree, try it a few times and see if you like it. I henna'd once a month for about 5 consecutive months, but my hair has multiple textures and I didn't want to lose my curl pattern in the less kinky areas. So now I henna once every 3 months, but I only apply it to the extra-kinky patch at the crown of my head and along my hairline. It has worked really well, I've loosened the curl pattern at my crown and made it longer and stronger. I'm strongly considering using it on my daughter's hair soon!
kinky_situation
kinky_situation

Back to top Go down

Post by rosscd 24th November 2009, 8:31 pm

Yes I love Henna and I have super thick hair. I am going to keep applying henna and if it gets too thick, I will cut back.
rosscd
rosscd

Back to top Go down

Post by msjakkia 1st December 2009, 2:26 pm

Thanks so much!
msjakkia
msjakkia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down