CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP ME CURLIES!!!! THIS IS AN SOS!!!

3 posters

Go down

HELP ME CURLIES!!!! THIS IS AN SOS!!! Empty HELP ME CURLIES!!!! THIS IS AN SOS!!!

Post by mrsmackey 24th December 2009, 12:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] OMG! soooooo..i've had a relaxer for OVER 20 years, right? Never had a problem with my hair and growth or anything...well, tuesday, i got a relaxer from my stylist of many years..and to my SHOCK AND DISMAY, MY HAIR IS BURNT AT THE ENDS!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ..not a good thing! i'm ready to go natural RIGHT NOW TODAY!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've been watching the site everyday for the past 3 months because of my daughters' process but seriously, this is not cool and i'm MAD! soooooo..where do i begin? My hair is cut short anyway so i guess the only difference would be a curly texture instead of the straight look..What do you think? HELP ME LADIES!!!! cuz i'm sad... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

HELP ME CURLIES!!!! THIS IS AN SOS!!! Empty Re: HELP ME CURLIES!!!! THIS IS AN SOS!!!

Post by Lynnieluve 24th December 2009, 5:04 pm

I'm sorry about what happened to your hair. I say wait a few days and see how you feel about you then. If you are truly ready to come to the natural side, my advice is to RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!! Stay on this forum and ask questions. Good luck to you.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

HELP ME CURLIES!!!! THIS IS AN SOS!!! Empty Re: HELP ME CURLIES!!!! THIS IS AN SOS!!!

Post by mrsmackey 24th December 2009, 6:21 pm

see, thats the tning..i've been researching for months because i decided not to relax my daughters' hair EVER again..they've been transitioning since March '09. I had no clue of how to do it so I have the knowledge, it's just having the courage to actually say, NO MORE RELAXERS! ughhhhhh..it's tuff!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th December 2009, 6:25 pm

You definitely have to do it when you are ready.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th December 2009, 6:25 pm

LOL, it's not that tough (at least not for me). Once you get used to not having to worry about scratching or sitting in a salon all day or blowdrying and flat ironing, you'll appreciate it more and more. If you need help motivating yourself to stick to it, I say go to the many hair blogs and websites out there and look at other people's Fotki's. There are some great pics out there of beautiful hair that will keep you excited about your own journey Smile Besides, if you are refusing to relax your daughters' hair ever again, just think of your own transition as practicing what you preach. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 24th December 2009, 6:36 pm

Muz, thank you! I've been stalking fotki for months now..i actually signed up for an acct to chronicle my daughters' transitioning process. I do agree that it will be a "practice what I preach" kind of situation. My girls ask me all the time, "Mommy, why aren't you curly?" But I've been feeling the natural look for quite some time now and I think I may be ready. Thanks so much for all the support!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down