CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curlies Around the World!!!

+22
BajanPrincess82
LadyMika
bklynmama1
oooop2
PaganWifey
~JOME~
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
lucky7
Karyn
Deva_87
MsChris8
FemmeFox
lumii
splitsun
deeply_rooted_chick
BekkaPoo
ktoliver5303
Butterfly126
AdriEm
3rdTimeAround
bholmes87
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curlies Around the World!!! Empty Curlies Around the World!!!

Post by bholmes87 18th March 2010, 11:32 pm

I absolutely love traveling!!! I love the feeling of being in a new place! But I also love to have somewhere to come back to, a place I call home. I know that I will end up traveling the world and hopefully I will get to see some amazing places! Here's some places that I want to go:

Italy
Greece
Barcelona
Belize
India
Tokyo
Haiti
South Africa
Egypt
Paris
Canada
Sweden
Alaska
Hawaii
Panama
Brazil
Nigeria
Germany
Australia
The Bahamas
Trindad and Tobago

The only time I've been out of the country was on a cruise to Jamaica!! It was amazing Smile but I want to see more! Here are some questions for you guys because inquiring minds (it's me! it's me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) want to know:

Where have you been around the world?
Have you ever lived over seas?
What is your favorite place that you've ever visited?
What places have you been where you noticed a lot of ladies rocking natural hair?
Where else would YOU want to travel?
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Curlies Around the World!!! Empty Re: Curlies Around the World!!!

Post by 3rdTimeAround 18th March 2010, 11:35 pm

Jamaica
Mexico
Germany
Italy
Egypt

I'm going to take a trip with my oldest daughter to London soon. I'm also trying my best to get to Thailand.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 18th March 2010, 11:42 pm

Oooo London sounds fun!!! Are those the places you've been already? If so, I'm jealous!
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 18th March 2010, 11:55 pm

Around the world: Curacao, Barbados, St. Kitts, London, Washington D.C., Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New York. My mom's an artist/carpenter/woodworker/stained glass lady (so many titles lol) and she always had trade shows that she'd take me to.

Lived Abroad: currently in Fort Lauderdale but going back home in a couple weeks to do my final exams, then back up here for college. Oh and I got accepted! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol I was so shocked and happy.

Favorite Place: Um, Maybe London? My first big trip that I remember Mum had a show and I ended up sleeping under a bunch of umbrellas in the convention hall. People thought I was an exhibit.

Until recently I hadn't developed 'hair-dar' so it's hard to say.

I would love to visit anywhere in East Asia; just walk around, eat food and take pictures.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 18th March 2010, 11:57 pm

I've only traveled outside of the country once and that was to Aruba. I LOVED it!!! I really really REALLY want to go to India! That's one dream I HAVE to fulfill!

I have family in London and France that I have wanted to visit for the longest time!
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 19th March 2010, 12:17 am

AdriEm wrote:Around the world: Curacao, Barbados, St. Kitts, London, Washington D.C., Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New York. My mom's an artist/carpenter/woodworker/stained glass lady (so many titles lol) and she always had trade shows that she'd take me to.

Lived Abroad: currently in Fort Lauderdale but going back home in a couple weeks to do my final exams, then back up here for college. Oh and I got accepted! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol I was so shocked and happy.

Favorite Place: Um, Maybe London? My first big trip that I remember Mum had a show and I ended up sleeping under a bunch of umbrellas in the convention hall. People thought I was an exhibit.

Until recently I hadn't developed 'hair-dar' so it's hard to say.

I would love to visit anywhere in East Asia; just walk around, eat food and take pictures.
Wow how exciting!!!! I would love to have visited all of those places! I totally understand about the "hair-dar" because I just recently started having it! LOL but I agree about East Asia. I just want to look around and eat! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Butterfly126 wrote:I've only traveled outside of the country once and that was to Aruba. I LOVED it!!! I really really REALLY want to go to India! That's one dream I HAVE to fulfill!

I have family in London and France that I have wanted to visit for the longest time!
I bet Aruba was gorgeous!!! And when you go to India, just make sure you invite me!
lol! you should totally visit your fam in London and France! I know I would [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 9:27 am

I have been to outside the US:
Cozumel
Amsterdam
Puerto Rico
Dominica
Barbados
St. Kitts
St. Thomas
Iraq
Dubai
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
Kuwait
Trinidad and Tobago

Inside the US:
Texas
Louisiana
Nevada
California
Florida
New York
Connecticut

I have been in Iraq and I am in my 4th year.

What
is your favorite place that you've ever visited?

SINGAPORE!! I loved the food, and the SHOPPING!!! I walked into the mall
and Tiffany's was TWO STORY.. They have a China Town that has whatever
you can think of for super cheap. I decorated my entire formal dining
area for under 100.00. Place mats, huge Chinese fan, runner, and chop
sticks (Asian theme). The food is GREAT TOO!

What places have
you been where you noticed a lot of ladies rocking natural hair?

Dubai, there are a lot of women from Ethiopia and they rock the fro and
natural hair.

Where
else would YOU want to travel?

I want to go to Thailand, Spain, and Paris
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 19th March 2010, 10:46 am

Well I was born in Munich, Germany to a German mom and US soldier Dad, so technically the first "foreign country" I travelled to was the US when I was three! lol I've also been to Strasbourg, France; Cattolica, Italy; the UK twice (London, Devon County and Cornwall County first, then years later to Hull in York); Vancouver, Canada; Salzburg and Vienna, Austria (oh my god-- the chocolates!!); and most recently Grand Bahama, Bahamas for a one day booze cruise.

Yep.. I'm an ex-Army brat, so I have lived in Germany (Munich, Frankfurt, and Vilseck) off and on for about 9 years before we finally settled in the US for good.

So far I loved Cornwall the best because it's so picturesque... I love sea and sky so Cornwall/Land's End is the very definition of that.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What places have you been where you noticed a lot of ladies rocking natural hair?
I never was really looking for natural haired people until recently, but definitely in the Bahamas I've seen naturals of both sexes. I've seen curly haired folks in all the places I've travelled to. I don't think it's as uncommon as people think.

I've never been to South America, Asia, Africa, or Australia.. my BF is from Venezuela and I'd like to visit that country once the political situation calms down a bit more. I'm hoping in a few years Chavez will be out of there, but who knows.. I'd like to visit Costa Rica, more of the Caribbean, and the Netherlands too. I'd like to return to Germany for family visits and see more of the country since I'm only familiar with the southern parts (aka Bavaria). I'd also love to see the Gold Coast of Australia which is the tropical part of the country.

For those who've been to Asia, how was it considering the language barrier? Was travel there relatively safe and easy?
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 19th March 2010, 11:26 am

I have been to
France
Mexico
Caribbean islands like Cozumel
Canada

I stayed in France with a family for like a week. If I have to see the place where I seen the most curlies it's France. They have different views on many things there and there are a lot of Africans that migrated there. I would defiantly go back to France to live hopefully sometime in college.

Places I still want to go?
China - cuz they act like they never seen a black person and I would find it hilarous
Haiti
Italy
Anywhere in Africa
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 19th March 2010, 7:06 pm

Where have you been around the world? Have you ever lived over seas? I've put these two questions together since they tie into each other. I was born and raised on the island(s) of Trinidad & Tobago. I went to college in Florida (West Palm Beach and Miami), currently living in New York City, visited Barbados, St. Vincent (spent my summer vacations here), Jamaica, and Japan (Tokyo), partially live in Washington D.C. (my gf lives there)

Hands down Tokyo. It's wonderful and amazing. I loved the parks, the culture, the language, the people (even tho they were too scared to talk to me), the food...everything. I hope to return again in the future.

Um, I only went natural a month or two ago. I didn't notice natural haired ladies before then really. Now I love to see them so I may look out for them when I'm abroad.

Thailand, Bali, Germany, Amsterdam, Brazil (for carnival, I'd love to see how they do it), Madagascar
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 19th March 2010, 8:53 pm

Ya'll have to come to Germany!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well I was born in London and then moved to Nigeria and after 6 years I'm now in Germany! Really love it here!

As mentioned, I've been too:
Germany
Nigeria
England
France
Italy
Sweden
Denmark
Belgium
..and some other smaller European countries

I'd really love to go to Thailand, Dubai, Japan, Kenia and St. Lucia or any other carribean island
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th March 2010, 9:07 pm

I'm jealous of all you well traveled ladies. I haven't been anywhere outside the US. In the States I've been to LA (I love it there but I don't know if I could spend so much time in a car), Hawaii (the big island), Miami, and NYC (another place that I LOVE and want to move too).

Dream locales to visit:

South Africa
India
France
South America
The Caribbean
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 19th March 2010, 10:32 pm

I have been to the Bahamas, London, Paris, Spain (several cities), Italy (Rome, Milan, and Venice), and Morocco.

Yes, I studied abroad in Spain for a semester and I absolutely LOVED it!

I fell in love with Rome, I love the people, the food, the atmosphere, and the history.

I just recently started wearing my hair in its natural state and paying attention to other naturals...but a lot of people at my college rock natural hair.

I would love to go to India, South America, the Caribbean (not too picky about which island), Egypt, Greece, Turkey, and Romania...just to name a few lol. One day when I have enough money and time...
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 19th March 2010, 10:35 pm

Where have you been around the world? I have been to Russia, Amsterdam, and Canada
Have you ever lived over seas? Yes I lived in Russia, study abroad program for a semester
What
is your favorite place that you've ever visited? By far favorite city is Moscow and Vladimir
What places have
you been where you noticed a lot of ladies rocking natural hair? Probably Amsterdam, I'm sure there are a lot of different nationalities there.
Where
else would YOU want to travel? Back to Russia, Italy, France, Czech Republic, Carribean Islands (I know there are many but any of them would be awesome)
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 19th March 2010, 10:51 pm

I've been to many places in the US: Nevada (Vegas x3), California (San Francisco), Arizona (Grand Canyon), Florida (Tallahassee, Disney World x5-6) , North Carolina (x2), Wisconsin, Mississippi, Delaware, New Jersey (hella times haha), D.C. (x2-3), Pennsylvania, and I live in NYC.

As for other countries, I've been to the Bahamas (x2), Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman), Jamaica (Ocho Rios), Mexico (Cozumel), Canada (Montreal, Niagara Falls), St. Thomas, and St. Maarten (I'm not sure if those are countries or cities :S). All of the places in the Carribean (and Mexico) I went to on cruises. I've been one three cruises (A Disney cruise and two Carnival cruises)

I'm only sixteen, so my list will only grow and grow (unless I die lol)

Where have you been around the world? ^^Listed above
Have you ever lived over seas? Nope, but I'd like to become fluent in Italian and live there for a while Smile
What is your favorite place that you've ever visited? Probably Disney World, I've been there so many times and love it sosoSO much. San Francisco as well. I want to live there/go to college there.
What places have you been where you noticed a lot of ladies rocking natural hair? ....I'm too busy having fun to notice hahaha. I rocked natural hair to all these places though if it helps Wink
Where else would YOU want to travel? Everywhere. Seriously.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky7 20th March 2010, 12:02 am

I'm an Army Brat and an ex reservist, so I've bee to several different places. I've lived in Germany (started school in Gelnhausen and did a short deployment in Darmstadt) and Panama as well as various locations stateside. I've been to Canada, Rome, Mexico, Jamaica, St. Thomas, Bahamas, France.

I would love to go to Tuscany as well as Fiji and many other places. so many places, so little time!

I haven't really noticed the natural hair scene in these different places. I know that people always wanted to touch my sister's and my afro puffs when we lived in Germany as kids! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lucky7
lucky7

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 20th March 2010, 5:37 am

I need to step my game up!!!! I want to go everywhere literally so I gotta start now Smile
It's interesting because in the US you can travel for days on end and still be on the same continent. But in Europe you can go to another country in a lot less time it seems like. I just feel like when you live in a smaller country you're more likely to have travelled to more places. Anyhoo I'm super jealous that you guys have been to all these fabulous places! Hopefully I can say the same very soon Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 20th March 2010, 5:44 am

bholmes87 wrote:I need to step my game up!!!! I want to go everywhere literally so I gotta start now Smile
It's interesting because in the US you can travel for days on end and still be on the same continent. But in Europe you can go to another country in a lot less time it seems like. I just feel like when you live in a smaller country you're more likely to have travelled to more places. Anyhoo I'm super jealous that you guys have been to all these fabulous places! Hopefully I can say the same very soon Smile

You can honey trust. Just for starters and an FYI Emirates has a straight flight from LAX to Dubai. Once you get to Dubai you can go ANYWHERE you want. Everything is possible if you put your mind to it and plan for it.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th March 2010, 5:56 am

Where have you been around the world? I've been to most US cities including Hawaii. Out of the country I've been to London, Paris, Mexico, and Liberia, West Africa (my country of heritage)

Have you ever lived over seas? Nope, just visited. But I plan to live for a month in Liberia once I finish pharmacy school and I'm even thinking about opening a compounding pharmacy there. And I would love to spend 6 months in a Spanish speaking country and hone my skills.

What is your favorite place that you've ever visited? I'd have to say Colorado Springs, Colorado (we don't have mountains in Texas so it was fascinating) and Hawaii

What places have you been where you noticed a lot of ladies rocking natural hair? It's big in fashion forward cities like New York and Cali. But I can't do the cold in NY or the earthquakes in LA. So I'll just hafta make it big here in the good ol south.

I really want to go to Egypt and Greece, and the Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico so I can find me a sexy husband. Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 20th March 2010, 6:13 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Where have you been around the world? I've been to most US cities including Hawaii. Out of the country I've been to London, Paris, Mexico, and Liberia, West Africa (my country of heritage)

Have you ever lived over seas? Nope, just visited. But I plan to live for a month in Liberia once I finish pharmacy school and I'm even thinking about opening a compounding pharmacy there. And I would love to spend 6 months in a Spanish speaking country and hone my skills.

What is your favorite place that you've ever visited? I'd have to say Colorado Springs, Colorado (we don't have mountains in Texas so it was fascinating) and Hawaii

What places have you been where you noticed a lot of ladies rocking natural hair? It's big in fashion forward cities like New York and Cali. But I can't do the cold in NY or the earthquakes in LA. So I'll just hafta make it big here in the good ol south.

I really want to go to Egypt and Greece, and the Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico so I can find me a sexy husband. Lol

Gurl I bought some shoes in Puerto Rico from this one guy because he was so dayum fine!! It seems that they are oh so nice eye candy and some cant speak English at ALL!! My friend said that is the perfect man that is fine and can only say YES!! I also got a tattoo out there which is bomb!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th March 2010, 6:35 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:Where have you been around the world? I've been to most US cities including Hawaii. Out of the country I've been to London, Paris, Mexico, and Liberia, West Africa (my country of heritage)

Gurl I bought some shoes in Puerto Rico from this one guy because he was so dayum fine!! It seems that they are oh so nice eye candy and some cant speak English at ALL!! My friend said that is the perfect man that is fine and can only say YES!! I also got a tattoo out there which is bomb!!

Lol. Hablame Papi! Lol. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oooo. Can we see pics of the tattoo? I'm currently untattoed and unpierced (except ears). But thinking about it...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th March 2010, 7:51 am

well goooot DMN!! yall been everywhere...pimpin all over the world i see!

i havent really been around the world..per se' but i've traveled to:
Hawaii
Bahamas
Cancun

and of course within the states i've been to:
NY cuz i got fam there and LOVE the shoppin
Houston cuz my brother went to texas southern//Dallas cuz my dad lived there
Cali-used to live there when i was like 4

My dream vacay is Paris! i took french in school becuz im destined to travel there. I'd also like to place Tokyo, Brazil and Fiji on my bucket list.

what i REALLY need to do is just find me an old rich white man so i can travel throughout the globe as a full time job!!

Hawaii has been my favorite place to visit. Its expensive but u can just taste the freshness in the food. the ONLY thing thats holdin me back from visitin is the 13hr flight i had to take. But i was able to find a nice hotel in waikiki near diamond head at $180 for a week..yup!! $180 for 5 days.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 20th March 2010, 8:15 am

NubieNatty wrote:well goooot DMN!! yall been everywhere...pimpin all over the world i see!

i havent really been around the world..per se' but i've traveled to:
Hawaii
Bahamas
Cancun

and of course within the states i've been to:
NY cuz i got fam there and LOVE the shoppin
Houston cuz my brother went to texas southern//Dallas cuz my dad lived there
Cali-used to live there when i was like 4

My dream vacay is Paris! i took french in school becuz im destined to travel there. I'd also like to place Tokyo, Brazil and Fiji on my bucket list.

what i REALLY need to do is just find me an old rich white man so i can travel throughout the globe as a full time job!!

Hawaii has been my favorite place to visit. Its expensive but u can just taste the freshness in the food. the ONLY thing thats holdin me back from visitin is the 13hr flight i had to take. But i was able to find a nice hotel in waikiki near diamond head at $180 for a week..yup!! $180 for 5 days.

Well honey I travel from Dubai to ATL for 16 hours, and then ATL to Houston for 2. The trick is to drink, and then pop any type of sleeping pill. Ambien is the REAL DEAL, because if you not ready to sleep you bet not take it. You sleep immediately.

As in for the old white man.. My friends mom told her she should do the same thing. They went on a trip to spain and saw the yachts and her mom pushed her into one guy. LITERALLY PUSHED HER. And was like ohhh this is my daughter Krystal.. And smiled.. So I feel you on the old white man make sure he has a yacht though, because those are BOMB and I have a pretty complexion when I tan (yes I do lay out and sunburn easily too)!! Then hit ya girl KT and we gonna roll!!

Key point--- HIT KT AND WE GONNA ROLL!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th March 2010, 9:15 am

lmaooooooo KT...too funny!! hopefully my destiny will be as fortunate. girl wit my skin i go beyond sunburn and get sun POISON!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] disgusting! never had a problem with the sun til AFTER pregnancy!! **sigh** the many sacrifices we make to bring life into the world.

I just want to be one of those rags to riches stories where i find out after marriage he's a prince or count (like "countess" from housewives of NY)..i'll even take one of the stories where the bartender or nanny gets the ring (i.e. tiger woods wife; matt damon; nicolas cage)

and YES i'd stay married to tiger azz and send his hoez a copy of that song "he's mine u may of had him once but i got him all the time" yup, i drop it off to their APARTMENT as i pulled up next to their HONDA'S and drive off in my BENTLEY to arrive at one of my many MANSION's....but thats another thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 20th March 2010, 10:47 am

NubieNatty wrote:lmaooooooo KT...too funny!! hopefully my destiny will be as fortunate. girl wit my skin i go beyond sunburn and get sun POISON!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] disgusting! never had a problem with the sun til AFTER pregnancy!! **sigh** the many sacrifices we make to bring life into the world.

I just want to be one of those rags to riches stories where i find out after marriage he's a prince or count (like "countess" from housewives of NY)..i'll even take one of the stories where the bartender or nanny gets the ring (i.e. tiger woods wife; matt damon; nicolas cage)

and YES i'd stay married to tiger azz and send his hoez a copy of that song "he's mine u may of had him once but i got him all the time" yup, i drop it off to their APARTMENT as i pulled up next to their HONDA'S and drive off in my BENTLEY to arrive at one of my many MANSION's....but thats another thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh yeah the sun is not my friend, but I LOVE laying out.. LOL, OKAY... I would be sporting a 4 million dollar I am sorry Kobe type ring.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next