CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to help new naturals when you're a new natural???

2 posters

Go down

How to help new naturals when you're a new natural??? Empty How to help new naturals when you're a new natural???

Post by LilyFlower8604 18th March 2010, 7:22 pm

I haven't been transitioning for even a year and a lot of my friends and family ask me advice about going natural.
I don't want to give anyone the wrong information, so I try to get them to blogs and websites like Curly Nikki so they can learn just like me. I also try to stress experimentation, research and trial and error.
But for some reason, my friends, sorority sisters, mom, aunts, all keep coming to me about what product should they use, what's their hair type, what oils to use, etc...
I'm happy that I've encouraged them to explore going natural and I don't want them to give up, but how am I supposed to help them when I'm just learning how to do all of those things myself???? I don't want them to feel overwhelmed or discouraged, are there some staple notes every natural should know that I need to tell them to get them started???
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

How to help new naturals when you're a new natural??? Empty Re: How to help new naturals when you're a new natural???

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 12:31 pm

Well just tell them your regimen and to research. I had a helping hand because Fairy Fro Mother has been natural for like a couple of years and she was very helpful. The main thing to stress is what works for you may not work for them. So you are telling them right to research and experiment.

They probably ask you because your hair is super cute so they look to you for good advice, because your avi picture is adorable.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

How to help new naturals when you're a new natural??? Empty Re: How to help new naturals when you're a new natural???

Post by LilyFlower8604 19th March 2010, 6:04 pm

Thanks Ktoliver, it can just get annoying to always hear the same people ask me what I think they should use on their hair. I'm starting to sound like a broken record, "I can't tell you what to use, because everyone's hair is different, but this is what I do..."

I think I'm also secretly hoping someone has written a tell all guide to going natural, lol.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down