CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site??

+18
Koily_K-Lo
lena73
Karyn
mverde3
bambiix2
Lilith_Eve
LilyFlower8604
sweetdrk1
~JOME~
Muz
*CurlyNikki*
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
Butterfly126
Hollis
LuvMeLuvMyFro
popsbaby
cdawnlujan
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site??

Post by lena73 18th March 2010, 10:19 pm

(((HUGS))) to everyone

i'll give out hugs, when i win mega millions/powerball, then i will give out HH
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anyone else annoyed with the recent negativity on this site??

Post by Koily_K-Lo 18th March 2010, 10:47 pm

Wow......! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am amazed at all of the responses to this. I stopped reading well before getting "half way" down the page. I don't know who the person is, nor do I care to find out. But I think it odd if not just plain old ironic that an entire page was 'dedicated' to speak (not so positively) of one person who may or may not be/have been negative. Call me crazy (Crazy!!) but isn't speaking about a persons possible characteristic flaws at length with others negative? The same topic of this particular forum..... I believe the word is called gossiping.

Come on lovelies, let's remember why we are here. For knowledge whether sharing or giving, & for a basic support system. If we should notice an issue in one of the forums or with one of our sisters......YES, one of our sisters, why not address it/them and the situation positively and most importantly, with Nikki vs speaking of the person and tearing them down no matter how unintentional?

Whoever this person is..... God Bless her and oh yes Lovelies...... God bless you all too!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let's get back to the business at hand....... Our beautiful curly, coily, twisted, wavy, and oh so sexy hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Koily_K-Lo
Koily_K-Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 18th March 2010, 11:16 pm

Sad to say but some people just love attention any way they can get it. But as it was said, feeding into foolishness only fuels it; therefore we can only smother the negative vibe with kindness. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 18th March 2010, 11:19 pm

Koily_K-Lo wrote:Wow......! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am amazed at all of the responses to this. I stopped reading well before getting "half way" down the page. I don't know who the person is, nor do I care to find out. But I think it odd if not just plain old ironic that an entire page was 'dedicated' to speak (not so positively) of one person who may or may not be/have been negative. Call me crazy (Crazy!!) but isn't speaking about a persons possible characteristic flaws at length with others negative? The same topic of this particular forum..... I believe the word is called gossiping.

Come on lovelies, let's remember why we are here. For knowledge whether sharing or giving, & for a basic support system. If we should notice an issue in one of the forums or with one of our sisters......YES, one of our sisters, why not address it/them and the situation positively and most importantly, with Nikki vs speaking of the person and tearing them down no matter how unintentional?

Whoever this person is..... God Bless her and oh yes Lovelies...... God bless you all too!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Let's get back to the business at hand....... Our beautiful curly, coily, twisted, wavy, and oh so sexy hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Very well said!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. We are speaking just as negatively about her negativity and there's no reason for that. Let's share the love, especially with the person you all are discussing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by bambiix2 19th March 2010, 12:10 am

Koily - The way I see it ...is people come to this forum for love and support. This happens on other forums too , some of them get negativity in real life and online ... in these types of forums... they expect persons to always be positive , supportive and the like. When this does not happen ... then it is abnormal- it is seen as negative ... not as an honest opinion. People just don't know how to outright speak to others directly, it is all about whispering, pushing people away and leaving muttered messages. To be very honest , before I saw this post ... I care not to check when it was made either, I messaged said person on her page and said what I had to say. I do not believe in " bad talking" people, and I do not have a problem with anything that the lady said in the posts that I read also. But this is reality. Some people do not want the truth , some people do not want opinionated and "don't carish" people around them. Some people just want to be in their own world. So I leave them at that and do me ...

..having said that ... I'm talking about ladies in general ... because I have seen this happen at other boards also
bambiix2
bambiix2

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 19th March 2010, 1:05 am

I think anytime you get a large group of people together you're bound to have some sort of clash. People come from all sorts of different walks of life and are bound to have differing opinions.

All you can do is "be the change you wish to see in the world" and keep it moving.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 19th March 2010, 2:05 am

bambiix2 wrote:i dunno , i know who you mean .. and to be honest .. she just seems to be a blunt honest person to me

She was perhaps being honest about her perception of relaxed and natural hair.

I think she was not being respectful of the fact that people come here for NATURAL HAIR CARE advice. She had what seemed to be pre-conceived opinions about women with natural hair and/or women on this forum, often making preemptive comments in her postings. I thought it was normal; she was young (or at least from the age she gave) and was here for all the reasons the rest of us are here for. After a few of them tho, it became clear that some of her comments were actually belittling and she seemed to have a strong defensive stance about relaxed hair (nothing wrong with that but no need to get your panties in a huff about it).

I notice no one has mentioned her name and although I know this thread was probably started with the intention of members venting their annoyance, it has started to become a bit disconcerting.

PS. The person being referenced throughout this thread is TutuKia and I say the name because we need to stop hiding behind these "the person, she, her". talk about it openly and keep it moving.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 5:05 am

splitsun wrote:
bambiix2 wrote:i dunno , i know who you mean .. and to be honest .. she just seems to be a blunt honest person to me

She was perhaps being honest about her perception of relaxed and natural hair.

I think she was not being respectful of the fact that people come here for NATURAL HAIR CARE advice. She had what seemed to be pre-conceived opinions about women with natural hair and/or women on this forum, often making preemptive comments in her postings. I thought it was normal; she was young (or at least from the age she gave) and was here for all the reasons the rest of us are here for. After a few of them tho, it became clear that some of her comments were actually belittling and she seemed to have a strong defensive stance about relaxed hair (nothing wrong with that but no need to get your panties in a huff about it).

I notice no one has mentioned her name and although I know this thread was probably started with the intention of members venting their annoyance, it has started to become a bit disconcerting.

PS. The person being referenced throughout this thread is TutuKia and I say the name because we need to stop hiding behind these "the person, she, her". talk about it openly and keep it moving.

Very well put.. At this point it is what it is. I understand what Bambiix2 was saying to an extent. Tutukia is entitled to her own opinions, and yes she may just be a blunt person. BUT being blunt and being rude with all of the extra theatrics is what was unecessary to a lot of people. Yes we are all women on this site, no we will not always agree, but this is the point of it being an open forum. So we can have respectful debates and conversations with out disrespect. I love this site and I thank Nikki for starting this site. We all have our daily issues but it is not to be taken out on anyone here that is having a issue with their hair or someone negatively commenting on it.

This thread I believed was started so we can clear the air and move on. Honestly we have given this one person so much power to alter our mindset to even give a dayum (myself included). So lets move on and hope that we can agree with kindness and disagree with respect. If it happens again do the right thing and stick to the original thread and keep it moving. If there is no audience the show will end...
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 19th March 2010, 7:35 am

@splitsun & @ktoliver I agree with both of you, very well said.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2