CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do to your hair at night?

+33
sonance
Kez
watkins
kim
shortnsweet
pie
sweetdrk1
tamtam7
Karyn
Sunshyne
Umph
xtremelyperfect
LadyMika
DvaAuNaturel
Loveatfirstcoil
Peachtree
tiffytaffey
ksophia
blondie
PyreFli42
PaganWifey
MsChris8
elleeccentric
KeetaRay
MomnWife
jamaicanmecurly
Lynnieluve
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
Ameenah
raina
Erica5417
MelOhSoDivine
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you do to your hair at night? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you do to your hair at night?

Post by LadyMika 28th March 2010, 1:23 am

Spray with leave-in mix, moisturize with shea butter, seal/oil my scalp, satin scarf. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What do you do to your hair at night? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you do to your hair at night?

Post by xtremelyperfect 28th March 2010, 3:31 am

I spray my aloe gro, baggy with a plastic cap and then put my satin bonnet on bc I don't like hearing the plastic ruffle! I just got new satin pillowcases though so after my kinky twists come out I will be using those for sure! Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 21st August 2010, 6:35 pm

Spritz hair with condish/oil/water mix

2 strand twist (for better curl definition in morning)

Tie w/silk bonnet-doo rag

My TWA looks much curly since starting this routine.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshyne 22nd August 2010, 3:46 pm

I put a satin bonnet on and close my eyes! Very Happy
Sunshyne
Sunshyne

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 22nd August 2010, 4:56 pm

this entire summer, i've worn my hair in a braid out or in a bun, so at night i moisturize and then braid my hair into 4-6 braids.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 22nd August 2010, 8:41 pm

When I straighten my hair I usually do four pin curls to give it a beachy wavy look or a wrap to keep it straight.

For curly styles I do a pineapple and wrap with a durag and then a satin bonnet.

I wear a satin bonnet and durag for both styles actually. I have to wear both because one usually comes off at night because I sleep wild! Very Happy
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd August 2010, 8:51 pm

Sunshyne wrote:I put a satin bonnet on and close my eyes! Very Happy

Lol, what she said
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 28th August 2010, 10:52 pm

Spritz, apply my Shealoe mixture and go to be on my satin pillowcase......
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 8th September 2010, 1:51 am

spritz with water and a condish . seal with coconut oil . do a loose pony at the top of my head. think its called pineappleing(sp? lol) and a satin bonnet.
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 8th September 2010, 5:20 am

tie my satin scarf securely and go to bed
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by watkins 14th September 2010, 4:33 am

1. The day before school, take a shower right before you go to bed.
2. While your hair is wet, put it into a bun at night.
3. The next day, let your hair be loose and brush it out with your fingers.
4. Then put hairspray and your done.

watkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 14th September 2010, 6:51 am

Hey ladies,
I have a Q for you in regards to night time regime!
My hubby is pretty supportive of the weird things i do to my hair - he is White as am I so its not something he is used to, seing all these crazy, creative 'do's' lol!
Now, when i go to bed with Braids in or Knots - i REALLLLLLLY dont feel Sexy!
Any of you over come that or do you just accept its night where nothing will be happening.
I feel awful all braided up etc - its not exactly fetching as they are not braided for wearing, they are purley for effect the next day lol!
My hubby doesnt seem to mind, which is lovely, but I do ha ha!.
Anyone else feel the same?? xxx Wink
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 14th September 2010, 4:02 pm

sleep with a satin bonnet on my head. Since I've been on the CurlyNikki and Nappturality websites I've added an oil mixtures to my hair before I place the bonnet on my head but I don't do it EVERY night.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 14th September 2010, 4:59 pm

I oil little, seal spritz and sometimes twist or braid up..them off to bed.
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetnsassi 19th September 2010, 8:36 pm

I see that everyone pretty much sleeps with a satin cap or pillow case. I have never slept with anything on my head or anything other than a regular pillow case. I am curious as to why you do this, and is it something that I should be doing. What are the bennifits?Should I be wrapping my daughter hair as well?

Sorry i know these are pretty basic and I probably should know the answers. Embarassed
sweetnsassi
sweetnsassi

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 19th September 2010, 10:54 pm

I Spritz, twist, and seal with oil then get some zzzzz's with my silk scarf. funny thing its not at all slippery now that my hair is natural. I guess its the oil that holds the scarf in place
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 19th September 2010, 11:50 pm

[quote="sweetnsassi"]I see that everyone pretty much sleeps with a satin cap or pillow case. I have never slept with anything on my head or anything other than a regular pillow case. I am curious as to why you do this, and is it something that I should be doing. What are the bennifits?Should I be wrapping my daughter hair as well?

Sorry i know these are pretty basic and I probably should know the answers. Embarassed [/quote]

the satin bonnet/pillowcase helps protect the hair at night from rubbing against harsh materials like a standard pillow case. in my expecrience it helps styles last and my hair isnt frizzy or dried out in the morning.
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 20th September 2010, 12:14 am

shortnsweet wrote:
sweetnsassi wrote:I see that everyone pretty much sleeps with a satin cap or pillow case. I have never slept with anything on my head or anything other than a regular pillow case. I am curious as to why you do this, and is it something that I should be doing. What are the bennifits?Should I be wrapping my daughter hair as well?

Sorry i know these are pretty basic and I probably should know the answers. Embarassed

the satin bonnet/pillowcase helps protect the hair at night from rubbing against harsh materials like a standard pillow case. in my expecrience it helps styles last and my hair isnt frizzy or dried out in the morning.

I agree and add: Satin and silk scarves and pillow cases will not leech moisture from your hair as cotton will.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 20th September 2010, 9:59 am

@ shortsweet the cotton pillow cases absorbs the moisture and oil from the hair. See for yourself when you moisture and seal your hair at night check your pillow case in the morning. everything is on the case and your hair is left dry .
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 20th September 2010, 1:36 pm

@ curlytee my post was in response to sweetnsassi but im not sure how to post a reply to her quote the way Naturally Esq did... scratch how do you do that?!
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2