CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I had an amazing hair day today.

5 posters

Go down

I had an amazing hair day today. Empty I had an amazing hair day today.

Post by Karyn 11th March 2010, 9:27 pm

The back
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Head to the side

Notice that one side is bigger and the other is longer haha. My hair is strange

Up close and personal with the curls Smile

Now I'm just wondering how to make it last [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks in advance!
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

I had an amazing hair day today. Empty Re: I had an amazing hair day today.

Post by Karyn 12th March 2010, 1:12 am

22 views and no reply? Wow..
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 12th March 2010, 1:25 am

Don't be offended by the # of views and no replies. It happens to all of us.

What did you do to achieve this look. Is it twistouts/braidouts? What products did you use?

My twistouts can last for about 4-5 days and still look fresh. I loosely wrap in a silk scarf and sleep on a satin pillowcase. Then in the morning, I remove the scarf and fluff. My hair normally stays soft during this time, but I sometimes add a shea butter mix to my hair for extra sheen/softness..
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 12th March 2010, 1:34 am

oooop2 wrote:Don't be offended by the # of views and no replies. It happens to all of us.

What did you do to achieve this look. Is it twistouts/braidouts? What products did you use?

My twistouts can last for about 4-5 days and still look fresh. I loosely wrap in a silk scarf and sleep on a satin pillowcase. Then in the morning, I remove the scarf and fluff. My hair normally stays soft during this time, but I sometimes add a shea butter mix to my hair for extra sheen/softness..

Thanks. Yeah, I was just trying to get a reply because I have to wake up really early (4:30 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), so I really should be sleeping.

It's a twist out. I had my hair twisted from Sunday until this morning. The twists were done on dry stretched hair and styled using HE-HH and a whipped shea butter mix of just shea butter and coconut oil. I also used those two products to moisturize every night.

Thank you, I'll try that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 12th March 2010, 1:55 am

Karyn wrote:
oooop2 wrote:Don't be offended by the # of views and no replies. It happens to all of us.

Thanks. Yeah, I was just trying to get a reply because I have to wake up really early (4:30 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), so I really should be sleeping.

It's a twist out. I had my hair twisted from Sunday until this morning. The twists were done on dry stretched hair and styled using HE-HH and a whipped shea butter mix of just shea butter and coconut oil. I also used those two products to moisturize every night.

Thank you, I'll try that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You may notice some frizz after a day/2. So next time you twist, try adding something like ORS Twist and Loc styling gel (in addition to the other products) prior to twisting. I've been using it lately, and it seems to really set my hair and define my twist.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 12th March 2010, 2:14 am

I've heard that for longer hair "pineappling" works to preserve a style. I'm not completely sure what that is but from my understanding, you would put your hair in a loose ponytail on the top of your hair and sleep with a satin bonnet. I've never tried this because my hair isn't long enough to do that, but you could try it and see if it works!!!! I wish I had a link to some more info but unfortunately I don't ... Let us know how it turns out tomorrow! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 12th March 2010, 3:37 pm

i bantu twist my hair at night to preserve my curls. i can usually keep the curls in for a week or more
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th March 2010, 3:56 pm

Or you can use the tops of knee highs (cut off top part) and put your hair in four loose puffs (after your moisturize and seal) then put your bonnet on. This is what I do to preserve my twist/outs and fluff in the morning. My hair isn't long enough for the pineapple either.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down