CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on using Kinky Twist Hair while transitioning

3 posters

Go down

Advice on using Kinky Twist Hair while transitioning Empty Advice on using Kinky Twist Hair while transitioning

Post by Dovly 11th March 2010, 1:08 pm

I joined the community 3/11/10, and as I transition I would like to use Kinky Twist hair method.
I looked at the Janet Hair, which is synthetic. I also looked at human Kinky twist hair, and both brands seem to be the texture of steel wool. If I Twist my hair with this type of hair, is it possible that the artificial hair will strip my hair of its natural oils, and will it cut my hair as I twist.

I am also concerned about the chemicals on this hair. It seem to me that artificial hair must be ladened with chemicals. I am not sure what to do. My hair is not healthy enough, nor long enough to twist without artificial hair. Also can you refer me to a tutorial, that show you how to two strand twist short hair? Thank you
Be blessed!

Dovly

Back to top Go down

Advice on using Kinky Twist Hair while transitioning Empty Re: Advice on using Kinky Twist Hair while transitioning

Post by iri9109 13th March 2010, 6:26 pm

i'm about to get kinky twists today...i got the harlem 125 marley synthetic hair , but pretty much all kinky twist hair is the same...i dont think you have to worry about the hair stripping your hair of oils, but still moisturize and seal like you normally would...idk how often you wash your hair but i plan on co-washing every week or week and a half...if you're worried about the twists slipping out when you wash put the twists in about 4 or 5 plaits , mix conditioner or shampoo and dilute it with water in a color applicator bottle so you can reach your scalp easily which is really what needs to be cleaned and when you rinse it off the length of your hair will get clean...thats how i wash my hair even without extensions because it really gets to my scalp.
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Advice on using Kinky Twist Hair while transitioning Empty Re: Advice on using Kinky Twist Hair while transitioning

Post by Dovly 14th March 2010, 2:42 am

Thank your your comments and suggestions are very helpful.

Dovly

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 14th March 2010, 3:20 am

you're welcome
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 30th March 2010, 6:20 pm

this was helpful because i am going to do some kinky twist on my nieces hair. and i want to let them know how to clean them since they are transitioning.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down