CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

two strand twist on transitioning hair

+2
LearninToLove
Deva_87
6 posters

Go down

two strand twist on transitioning hair Empty two strand twist on transitioning hair

Post by Deva_87 10th January 2010, 8:54 pm

Has anyone ever tried two strand twist before they were completely natural and successful at it. Were there any specific product you used for hold? Shea Butter? I want to try it out and see if the twist will stay in my hair.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

two strand twist on transitioning hair Empty Re: two strand twist on transitioning hair

Post by LearninToLove 10th January 2010, 11:43 pm

I did two strand twists and they stayed, but I put them up in Bantus before the night was over. I used Soft & Beautiful 3-n-1 Dry Scalp Treatment which is very heavy and might have made it stick together better.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

two strand twist on transitioning hair Empty Re: two strand twist on transitioning hair

Post by jlowman1 11th January 2010, 12:15 am

While I was transitioning, I was never able to just do two strand twists. They never stayed, no matter what kind of product I used. I always had to two strand twist and then put them into Bantu Knots.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 11th January 2010, 1:09 am

is that for a twistout or just wearing the twist? i was thinking if i would blow out my hair that it would hold better
Deva_87
Deva_87

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 11th January 2010, 1:16 am

Blow drying might do it, but you wouldn't want to do that all the time just to have some twists. I had made my twists too skinny so I didn't like the way they looked on me. I was going to try to keep them in just like that and then when it got frizzier take them out and do the twist out. Since they looked so thin I just knotted them and LOVED the way that looked so I got stuck on Bantus using just one strand twisting...
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 11th January 2010, 2:01 am

got it now thanks ladies but if you come up with anymore ideas please post
Deva_87
Deva_87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th January 2010, 5:40 am

Hey there Deva 87, I am a 9 month transitioner and in my early stages I would have twist n-icurl ssues because the relaxed ends would go limp on me:-(. But then I got a spray bottle and poured lottabody (setting lotion) and water in equal parts and sprayed my relaxed hair prior to twisting and it worked out beautifully. I can get 4 day hair by pinappling the hair on top my head at night and sleeping on satin pillowcase. Try the setting lotion/water mix. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 11th January 2010, 11:25 am

I'm still transitioning and I always do twists after a cowash. I follow my wash with a leave-in conditioner (Giovanni's Direct or Healthy Sexy Hair's Pumpkin Potion), shingle with Curls' Curl Souffle and seal my ends with my mixed shea/jojoba butter. Sometimes I add a little Eco Styler gel if the twists begin to unravel and are unable to retain the twist.

I usually curl my twists with perm rods to mask the two textures and at night I bantu knot the twists to maintain the curled pattern of my ends.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 12th January 2010, 12:51 am

awesome ladies. whohoo i really am liking the transition. trying out some new styles.
Deva_87
Deva_87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepyeyes 12th January 2010, 1:54 am

Hamptonsfnst! I am so happy that you mentioned the healthy sexy hair pumpkin potion i just bought that and i wanted to know if i could use it as a co wash, and you just answered my question thanks.
Sleepyeyes
Sleepyeyes

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 13th January 2010, 1:09 pm

Sleepyeyes, I bought that from my favorite store, TJ Maxx. I used it when I wore my last weave(Halleyscurls.com) and figured if it worked on that hair(creole wavy) than it should work on mine and I use it after cowashing.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down