CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

+55
prodigy75
Kemali727
beautynthadark
oneyoyo
khaymie78
Smiilez03
KinkyDO21
tammymojo
Nigeriancurls
embracingmycurls
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
happynappy
Alanija
blkhoneyb
Cecewms84
ChardaeD
smaddox
Ambitious_Tiff
tblades12
CSI
natural_virgo
Ravie11
Frononymous
Umph
neu-lynatural
Mzbush
CurlyLeA
DannyCurl
nebula
EruditeBodhi
SasahT
CurlyMo
elleeccentric
CrissyQ
DreamMerchant
BeautifulMe80
hairapy
Blackanese
teinaknowles
Just Me
missartistic
marhia
PetiteBebe
Dorian
Lady Gee
NickyMay
tiffyd
natural83
Jonezy
xtremelyperfect
natural_nance
LuvMeLuvMyFro
tressedforsuccess
tiashaunteé
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls
59 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 2 Empty Re: Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

Post by natural83 16th March 2010, 12:48 pm

@Jonezy Girl your pics make me want to try this stuff! How did you use it, and what did you mix it with? How often did you apply it? Did it have any effects on the current products that you were using on your hair? Sorry for all the questions, but if I try it, and that's a big IF, I just want to know what Im doing! Im willing to give it a try because that growth is amazing! Im definitely shooting for more length and it looks like this stuff is a winner!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid - Page 2 Empty Re: Miconazole Nitrate | Growth Aid

Post by Jonezy 17th March 2010, 12:56 am

@natural83--I mixed it with Marc's Medicated Lino-luster(sp?)--which has sulfur in it (but it's not as heavy as Sulfur8, it's more of a cream than a grease) which is said to aid in hair growth as well (I believe it also has petroleum but I didn't/don't mind that as it was lower on the ingredients list--other's may)Marc's is made in Chicago so I don't know if it's sold everywhere or just a local product--you can find it online though.

I applied it nightly(or as many nights a week possible) as if I was greasing my scalp--parting the hair and applying the mix directly to the scalp with my finger. Then I massaged my scalp a little afterwards.

There were no effects on the other products I was using at the time.

HTH!
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 18th March 2010, 4:08 pm

Hey guys! I'm back. I've been using the MN but I felt like I should take another starting picture because I mean measuring a twistout is not a very good indication of how long your hair is. So I washed today and this is my hair wet with a little conditioner left in it. So this will be my starting picture and I will post my results on 4/18. It'll be easy for me to remember because the 17th of each month is my nappiversary lol. Yesterday made 8 months! woot!

Here's my starting pic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 19th March 2010, 2:22 am

@xtremelyperfect Your hair grows so fast! I remember seeing your progress pics on nc.com when your hair touched your forehead, and now it's at your nose! Congrats!
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 19th March 2010, 2:29 am

You guys have me thinking super hard about doing this! Im kind of nervous about trying it though...I guess just the thought of putting that stuff in my hair kinda freaks me out! LOL! But Im still willing to give it a try! After looking at @Jonezy's comparison pics, im super convinced! So I may get my supplies for this next week! To all that's doing this, please keep updating...the good and the bad, just in case I may change my mind!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th March 2010, 2:35 am

Honestly, I think it will be fine (other than the headaches ppl mention) because we put that stuff in our most cherished sensitive place. You could probably find something like MN that works just the same.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th March 2010, 2:38 am

I went searching, alternatives:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifungal_drug
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NickyMay 19th March 2010, 2:47 am

I started a few days ago. I guess it's worth a try. I havent heard anyone having hair fall out or other issues besides the headaches. I havent experienced any headaches yet (as of day 3). I'm using the 2%, thats all i could find. I'm going to switch to the 4% when I get a hold of it.

I mixed it with my oils, said a prayer and applied it to my scalp. We'll see what happens, stay tuned!
NickyMay
NickyMay

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 19th March 2010, 2:58 am

@tiashauntee Thanks for posting that link! Im thinking I may try this! LOL! By the way, your new avatar is super cute!

@NickyMay Hey, what's the difference in using the 2% versus the 4%, vice versa. Is one stronger than the other?
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by NickyMay 19th March 2010, 4:09 am

I assume the 4% is stronger. I read in an article that it works faster, in terms of growth and less people got headaches with the 2%. However, I think the best way to avoid headaches is to mix it with the oils.

http://www.shvoong.com/exact-sciences/biology/1764783-hair-growth-possible-grow-hair/
NickyMay
NickyMay

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Gee 20th March 2010, 3:38 pm

I applied the generic brand of MN (Clotrimazole 1%) mixed with castrol oil, grape seed oil, sweet almond oil on March 18, 2010 before going to bed. I felt a little tingling. When i awoke I had more tingling on my scalp and now it has moved to my arms and hands, and a little pressure in my face, I felt weird all over, like my blood pressure was up (should have had it check, but didn't). It never went away, it just became more unnoticeable. I did not reapply last night. When i woke up this morning I was still feeling weird not as much, looking at myself in the mirror and noticed a hugh red spot on the white of my eye (have never had one before, never). Ran to my husband (who is a PA-C) so he could see it and he said that is a subconjunctival hemorrhage. I said "what the Hell is that", he said a little bleeder in my eye. He then asked me if I got hit in the eye, sneezing or coughing really hard yesterday, had a headache or pressure in my head? I'm saying no to everything, thinking i have this mess on my scalp that just gave me such terrible side effects that I got a bleeder in my eye. I am going to have this for atleast two weeks. And makes this event worse is that I only used it ONE DAY. I'm going to have to tell my husband what i did, because i may need to have some test done to make sure i dont have any other underlying problems popping up.
DON'T USE IT. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Here's a link to check out my condition:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/subconjunctival_hemorrhage
Lady Gee
Lady Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 20th March 2010, 3:52 pm

I'm sorry that happened to you lady gee. That sucks. Sad I have been using it for over 2 weeks with no side effects. Strange. Anyway like anything I feel like people definitely have to use their own discretion on whether to try something like this or not. Hope you feel better soon.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 20th March 2010, 5:16 pm

Lady Gee wrote:I applied the generic brand of MN (Clotrimazole 1%) mixed with castrol oil, grape seed oil, sweet almond oil on March 18, 2010 before going to bed. I felt a little tingling. When i awoke I had more tingling on my scalp and now it has moved to my arms and hands, and a little pressure in my face, I felt weird all over, like my blood pressure was up (should have had it check, but didn't). It never went away, it just became more unnoticeable....

What made you/who suggested that you buy "Clotrimazole" as a substitute for a product with Miconazole Nitrate? I've never heard of/or any one using a substance with Clotrimazole as the main ingredient for hair growth--the fact that the word "Clot" is in it, and you have a blood clot/hemmorhage in your eye is a weird coincidence.

I googled and didn't find anything for "Clotrimazole and Hair Growth", I did however see a couple sites speaking of the dangers of clotrimazole use for yeast infections & side effects. So MN and Clotrimazole--though they may both be used for yeast infections/anti-fungal -- do not have the same side effects:

Side effects of Clotrimazole, during it's normal use:
itching, irritation, dryness, infection of the hair follicles, acne, fragile blood vessels, spider veins, sensitization (local reactions upon repeated application of product), change in skin color, allergic skin reaction, skin thinning, and stretch marks. In children, reported adverse events for cream include slower growth, Cushing's syndrome (a type of hormone imbalance that can be very serious), and local skin reactions, including thinning skin and stretch marks. Hormone imbalance (adrenal suppression) was demonstrated in clinical studies in children.

Side effects of Monistat (Miconazole Nitate), during it's normal use when inserted in Vagina:
a temporary increase in burning, itching, and/or irritation when the cream is inserted. Abdominal cramping, headaches, hives, and skin rash have also been reported.

When people say they buy the "generic brand" instead of buying Monistat 7, they usually mean they go to the Family Dollar and buy a non-brand name version of Monistat that still only contains Miconazole Nitrate as the active ingredient, or they buy neosporan(sp?) cream--but again the active ingredient is Miconazole...nothing else.

Sorry that happened to you.

I hope you get better soon!!!
Jonezy
Jonezy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Gee 20th March 2010, 8:21 pm

I had read another blog that said as long as it is a antifungal it would work the same as MN. And yes it is funny the clot is the first part of the medication. I'm going to hunt for that blog that suggested that any antifungal will work and let them know that that is not true. Thanks for ur concern. My try he MN in a few months or not.
Lady Gee
Lady Gee

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian 21st March 2010, 2:52 pm

@Jonezy, do you still use the mix from a year ago? I ask b/c I have some mixed from a couple of months ago and was wondering if it's still safe and effective or should I mix some more. I have it in the refrigerator--IDK if that makes a difference or not.

Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 23rd March 2010, 3:13 pm

Dorian wrote:@Jonezy, do you still use the mix from a year ago? I ask b/c I have some mixed from a couple of months ago and was wondering if it's still safe and effective or should I mix some more. I have it in the refrigerator--IDK if that makes a difference or not.

I'm not sure how effective it would be. I would think after a year any product would be slightly less effective though. I say go with your instincts Smile
Jonezy
Jonezy

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd March 2010, 3:48 pm

@Jonezy Okay girl, I have more questions! LOL! Which brand of MN did you use and what percentage? I've decided Im going to try this out.

@ALL Im thinking I will mix it with castor & jojoba oils. What are all of you using to mix yours with? Does it really matter which oils you mix with, or do you need specific ones?
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by All.day.I.dream.of.Curls 23rd March 2010, 5:49 pm

Update, I had a mild headache for almost two weeks and had to put this stuff down. I may try again once it gets hot outside but I can't take the pain [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I have seen a little growth but I'm doing the castor oil challenge as well so it may be attributed to that. For now I'll stick to one thing at a time.

Sorry Ladies!!
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd March 2010, 6:23 pm

All.day.I.dream.of.Curls wrote:Update, I had a mild headache for almost two weeks and had to put this stuff down. I may try again once it gets hot outside but I can't take the pain [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I have seen a little growth but I'm doing the castor oil challenge as well so it may be attributed to that. For now I'll stick to one thing at a time.

Sorry Ladies!!

That may have been a bit much. I would strongly recommend one challenge at a time especially if that challenge involves product use.
I hope you headaches have gone away.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by All.day.I.dream.of.Curls 23rd March 2010, 11:43 pm

Yeah I was OD'ing! ...... It did finally go away, thanks!
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 30th March 2010, 4:15 pm

natural83 wrote:@Jonezy Okay girl, I have more questions! LOL! Which brand of MN did you use and what percentage? I've decided Im going to try this out.

I've used a couple brands--I bought the expensive $12 brand name (which i can't think of right now lol), then I got some from family dollar for less (if I do it again I'll probably stick with purchasing from family dollar). I've also purchased some random brand online for under $5.

I think the brand name was 4%--- but when I get the cheaper 2% I use 2 bottles in my mix --because 2%+2% should make 4% right? lol
Jonezy
Jonezy

Back to top Go down

Post by PetiteBebe 1st April 2010, 11:08 am

@natural83 (& whoever else is gonna try it...)

I'm going to try this too! Let me know when u start & maybe we can compare
PetiteBebe
PetiteBebe

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 14th April 2010, 3:36 pm

I used it while I was relaxed and had great results I may start using it again. I never had any side effects and my hair grew.

marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 19th April 2010, 5:51 pm

xtremelyperfect wrote:

Here's my starting pic:

Hi ladies! So it's been a month of using the MN every other day and I'm sorry to report I didn't get any crazy growth! I'm still going to continue using it but I applied it to my scalp while my hair was in kinky twists. I'll see if there's any difference when my hair isn't wrapped around synthetic hair. Here's my one month later pic, I got about .5 in of growth, normal for me:

Hope everyone else is having better results! Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th April 2010, 5:55 pm

Thanks for posting results/feedback
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next