CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miconazole Nitrate!!!

+2
creolebeauty1
kiki28504
6 posters

Go down

Miconazole Nitrate!!! Empty Miconazole Nitrate!!!

Post by kiki28504 6th December 2010, 5:14 pm

How do you use MN? How often do you use MN?
kiki28504
kiki28504

Back to top Go down

Miconazole Nitrate!!! Empty Re: Miconazole Nitrate!!!

Post by creolebeauty1 6th December 2010, 5:25 pm

Idk but i plan on taking biotin for a while than i will try it so im a keep an eye on this thread Smile .. i heard one of the side effects is headaches though
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 6th December 2010, 5:26 pm

I don't use it. But some women use it every other day or every day. Some put it straight from the tube on their scalp.. Some women mix it up with other things like oil not sure if they use Shea butter or any other they of cream base.. I've heard of side effects such as headaches..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 7th December 2010, 1:17 am

I have heard people speak about miconazole as a prospective hair growth aid. In our quest for length, we must be prudent and exercise good judgment. Miconazole is an antifungal-- a medication. If someone has a fungal infection, the appropriate medication is an antifungal. As with all medications, there are potential side effects. This medication used for the intended purpose would not be used long term. If the fugal infection did not clear within a specific time frame, the person would be monitored and evaluated by their doctor. As Letha mentioned, some have suffered headaches when using Miconazole. It would be very sad if some avoidable, serious consequence occurred on a quest to grow hair. Here are 2 links providing some information about the medication.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a601203.html

http://www.drugwatch.com/miconazole/

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by preciouslady 7th December 2010, 3:20 am

If you're going to use it, it is best to dilute it with an oil or something. It doesn't work for everyone and can cause headaches. There is a whole thread about it under the Grow Long section on the main page of the forum. People who have used it discuss their experiences. I used it for 1 month and didn't see a difference. Initially I could feel a little tingle (or maybe I thought I did, Lol) but I did not have any headaches. Check out what others had to say about it and how they used it before you make your final decision. But if you're like me, you'll try just about anything at least once to see if it actually works! Smile Good luck!
preciouslady
preciouslady

Back to top Go down

Post by luvmycoils 7th December 2010, 5:18 am

MN is used differently by different people. From what I have read, there really has not been much of a difference in the results that people get from using the name brand Monistat or off brands like Equate. It is available in both the 2% and the 4%, but most people start off with the 2% because it can cause intense headaches.

When I first heard about it, I did a lot of research. I think the most important thing to do when applying it is to massage it into the scalp. I know that a lot of ladies do not apply it too often to avoid the headaches. I did experiement with using the product but to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference growth wise. I have seen pictures of women who did get great results but it didn't work for me.

Last edited by luvmycoils on 7th December 2010, 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical Error(s))
luvmycoils
luvmycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down