CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GROWTH AFTER BC

+4
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
Erica5417
lacesonia
8 posters

Go down

GROWTH AFTER BC Empty GROWTH AFTER BC

Post by lacesonia 5th March 2010, 12:02 am

Did your hair grow faster after you did the bc?

How was it? What did you do differently?
lacesonia
lacesonia

Back to top Go down

GROWTH AFTER BC Empty Re: GROWTH AFTER BC

Post by Erica5417 5th March 2010, 12:30 am

Mine seemed to grow faster (I BC'd about 10 months ago and it was very short) but I guess the difference is that I actually retained the growth after the BC. When I was relaxed it always grew to a certain point and broke off. The difference now is that I take better care of my natural hair (no heat, harsh chemicals, moisturizing consistently).
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 5th March 2010, 12:56 am

Mine also seemed to grow faster. It flourished especially in the summer when I washed and conditioned frequently. Parts of my hair that didn't grow very fast previously now grows like crazy. I have always struggled to get the back of my hair to grow (the 2 inches closes to my nape). That hair is now shoulder length and its so exciting. So, what do I do differently? I wash and do much less manipulation and only use heat once a quarter.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th March 2010, 11:29 am

ITA with Erica, it is more so that I retained growth. I suggest memorializing your journey each month...you will see your own progress you will be amazed.

Erica love the new AVI!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th March 2010, 12:40 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:ITA with Erica, it is more so that I retained growth. I suggest memorializing your journey each month...you will see your own progress you will be amazed.

I agree!! I was looking at my hair this morning, thinking, "Wow, my hair is growing fast." It's retention of length. When I was a permie, my hair never grew pass shoulder length.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TutuKia 5th March 2010, 1:06 pm

My hair grew fine when I had a relaxer, I didn't really pay much attention to the growth but it was well past SL, and being all natural now it's again past SL.
I wonder why so many women have issues growing relaxed hair long >.< there are so many women on LHCF with long relaxed thick hair. 0.o

TutuKia

Back to top Go down

Post by lacesonia 5th March 2010, 1:29 pm

I got to mid back length with relaxed hair. I cut my hair into a bob when I began my transition and now I'm a little past shoulder length. Trying to decide if I want to make the BC because I'm so ready to get my length back.
lacesonia
lacesonia

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 5th March 2010, 7:47 pm

I was armpit length relaxed. I BC'd last month and I thought I showed growth within 2 weeks. I sent my sister pictures to see if I was crazy, and she thought my hair had grown, too. Maybe she was just humoring me out of love? LOL But, I do think my hair is growing really fast after the BC.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 9th March 2010, 1:14 am

I can't tell but I think it's growing at the normal rate (1/2 inch per month). I really don't dabble in my hair much aside from conditioning and moisturizing. Some days I don't even comb it, to be honest but when I do, I can tell it's definitely growing. I didn't comb it in the profile pic. I was at the beach in Mexico so who cared. LOL
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th March 2010, 1:49 am

naturallydestined wrote:I can't tell but I think it's growing at the normal rate (1/2 inch per month). I really don't dabble in my hair much aside from conditioning and moisturizing. Some days I don't even comb it, to be honest but when I do, I can tell it's definitely growing. I didn't comb it in the profile pic. I was at the beach in Mexico so who cared. LOL

You're not the only one...most curlies dont comb their hair....only on wash day. I only comb my hair once a week when I am doing my two strand twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down