CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Stretching" Hair

4 posters

Go down

"Stretching" Hair Empty "Stretching" Hair

Post by curlsunfurled 8th March 2010, 2:41 am

I've heard of a technique called stretching and was wondering how is it done. Is it blow drying your hair to add length or are there other methods? Once the hair is stretched, do you re-wet your hair to style in braid outs, bantu knot outs, etc., (would seem like it would defeat the purpose). I'm a bit confused on the process and how the hair is styled afterwards.

Advice and/or suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

"Stretching" Hair Empty Re: "Stretching" Hair

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th March 2010, 10:55 am

Many stretch by braiding or twisting their hair when wet with product (leave in) then air dry. Some also add bands to hair in process. After air drying, the hair is lengthened. You can style as you like with non-water based products to keep the length. If your products is water based, you will have shrinkage. You may or may not have more shrinkage than if you were to style immediately after cleansing.

I love to stretch my hair in buns/ponytails. I pull my hair back into a bun. After two or three days, my hair is straighter. I may do a braid out or twist out afterward.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 8th March 2010, 9:52 pm

Thanks ChrsLvsBks! I'm going to give it a try this weekend.
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 15th March 2010, 4:26 pm

I usally stretch my hair out after taking down my twist-outs/twist n curl with a hand held blow dryer! I tend to have lots of shrinkage, and to get length, its a must that I stretch it out so I can have full, big hair! This past weekend, I did CurlyNikki's routine by twisting, then braiding for more stretch, and MAN OH MAN, I looooooved it! I could actually tell that my hair has grown sooo much because it was stretched out really good, but still had the curl factor that I wanted! So from now on, I will definitely be doing the twist-n-curl/braid out routine for stretching! Love it!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th March 2010, 10:33 pm

I twist while wet, let it dry and then retwist while dry.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlsunfurled 19th March 2010, 7:00 pm

Okay Ladies,

I re-twisted my dry hair last night. Overslept this morning and hurriedly got ready for work. I received many complements. Thanks to all of you!!
curlsunfurled
curlsunfurled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down