CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can us "SHORT HAIR" girls do wash n go's

+6
rosscd
ydr
Erica5417
sweetdrk1
Mzbush
anlyle87
10 posters

Go down

Can us "SHORT HAIR" girls do wash n go's Empty Can us "SHORT HAIR" girls do wash n go's

Post by anlyle87 25th October 2009, 11:16 pm

[size=9][size=9]Hello
my
name is Ashley i have recently become
natural. I cut my hair at the
beginning of September 09 and its growing at a good rate. The hair
style i've been doing is the one where you leave in your conditioner
and just go thru and twist your hair with your fingers to get defined
curls..i love the way it comes out but i hate that it takes forever
(2-3hours) and it doesn't last no longer than 4-5 days. I came across
the woman on youtube who goes by the name "Mahogany curls"
and i fell
in the love with the way she does her hair ( which i believe is the
wash and go) it seems like it took her less than an hour to just
squeeze the conditioner thru her hair to get her defined curls and let it dry then all she had
to do was spray her hair in the morning, SHAKE IT and let it DRY..with
my hair being short i expected it to not take long to curl ( i think my hair is about 2-2 1/2 inches long,but thats just a guess) and it
consumes so much time. Is it possible for me to do a hair routine
similar to Mahogany Curl's and get the same results even tho mine is a
bit shorter than her's? And does everyone's hair curl naturally like
her's did just by squeezing conditioner thru it or do some of us HAVE
to slave over twisting our hair on our fingertips for the rest of our
lives or (to be less dramatic) until it grows out more?

Thanks Ashley Smile
[/size][/size]

anlyle87

Back to top Go down

Can us "SHORT HAIR" girls do wash n go's Empty Re: Can us "SHORT HAIR" girls do wash n go's

Post by Mzbush 26th October 2009, 12:09 pm

Hey, I noticed you didn't get any answers yet. Everyone's texture is different. Some peoples hair isn't going to curl no matter how long it gets. You can either put in the time and do the techniques that will make your hair coil or rock what you have naturally. There are so many beautiful twa's out there and they all look different. You have to experiment and find what products and techniques work best for you. Becoming naturally is a learning process for everyone. Be patient with yourself and keep asking questions!
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Can us "SHORT HAIR" girls do wash n go's Empty Re: Can us "SHORT HAIR" girls do wash n go's

Post by sweetdrk1 26th October 2009, 12:20 pm

I am only two month old and that is all I do is Wash n Go. But I COMPLETELY agree with Mzbush, everyone's hair is different. I want MahoganyCurls' hair so bad! LOL! Keep at it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th November 2009, 8:12 pm

For me it was experimenting with different products. After a while, you discover which products make your hair more or less defined. I can make my hair have no curls (like my avatar) or make it have more curl definition. On days when I want to be really curly I co-wash with Suave naturals and then use Ken Paves conditioner and curl balm. That curl balm holds curls so great and it stays soft too (I get it from TJ Maxx because it's $30 regular price from his website. Cantu Shea butter leave-in also defines curls really well. I'm not sure how you can make a wash and go last longer than a few days. Mahogany Curls does have a vid on stretching a wash and go.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ydr 22nd November 2009, 7:43 pm

i cant help you with extending a wash and go. i do mine daily. but i would like to know what conditioner you are applying? maybe you should switch to a conditioner that enhances your curls/waves...

i started with hello hydration conditioner and used a gel after - both combed through soaking wet hair (no towel) and I am done.

now i use totally twisted conditioner and that's it, no hair gel needed.

i cannot get 2 day or more hair. but i like that my hair looks fresh everyday and i only spend about 10 minutes on it.

ydr

Back to top Go down

Post by rosscd 24th November 2009, 8:10 pm

Ok I am going to try the totally twisted. One product would be great.

Anyway, I agree with everyone else. You have to find products that enhance your curls.

All I do is wash and go's.
rosscd
rosscd

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 25th November 2009, 12:16 pm

Wash-N-Go's are all I wear. My hair is not at a length that it can be styled yet.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by DaRkcHoCoLaTe 26th March 2010, 1:40 am

Everyone has different hair textures so we all have different curls. Like someone mentioned before, you just have to find the right products for your hair.

Wash-n-go's were so easy and cute on my short hair! I co-washed with HEHH and my curls popped! I miss those days! :0)
DaRkcHoCoLaTe
DaRkcHoCoLaTe

http://twitter.com/M3RLz

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 4th April 2010, 11:32 pm

As it's been said before, everyone's hair type is different, you may just not have naturally defined curls and may have to manipulate your hair to have that style.

As in making a wash and go last, mine last as long as I can hold out not washing it! My longest was 10 days, I hated to wash it because my hair looks so good, but I was afraid my hair was gonna start talking and walking if I didn't!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 17th April 2010, 12:08 am

I BC'd 3-20-10, as of right now wash n go's is all I do. I wear head bands, add beads with hair pins, or even part and wave the front to change it up a bit. My natural curals are really coming out, but as the other ladies said, everyone's texture is different, so use products and styles fitting for you. I have found gels (ecostlyer, lock gel by treasuredlocks(wonderful), and a good leave in cond that helps me is the giovanni direct-leave in.Hope this helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down