CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugh knots and tangles!

+4
MellowOne
Janique
Ameenah
Skluffy101
8 posters

Go down

Ugh knots and tangles! Empty Ugh knots and tangles!

Post by Skluffy101 27th February 2010, 1:37 am

It seems that everytime I go through my hair a chunk of it with a knot at the end of it comes out. I try to detangle it gently but it never works out and then I just get mad and end up yanking a lot of my hair out Sad I know that the relaxed ends are going to get cut eventually, but it still hurts seeing your hair come out, relaxed or not.

Please will someone help me??
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Ugh knots and tangles! Empty Re: Ugh knots and tangles!

Post by Ameenah 27th February 2010, 11:28 am

Maybe you need to get your ends trimmed this works for that sometimes
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 27th February 2010, 1:56 pm

Yea every few months, I trim a little of my hair. That might help. At times I get impatient with my hair too and act a little rough with it, but it is important to be gentle with your hair.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 27th February 2010, 3:08 pm

Yeah true I do need to get my hair trimmed soon. Razz
But a lot of the knots are pretty high up my hair, like the middles or some inches from the new growth. I don't want to cut any of the because I'm basically cutting the whole hair.
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th February 2010, 6:06 pm

Are you washing your hair in the sink? I find that if I wash it in the sink I have alot of tangles but if I wash it in the shower and comb it out while the conditioner is still in I hardly have any tangles. I have been transitioning since Nov and after I got my ends clipped about 2weeks ago that helped also. You may want to try a diff conditioner or shampoo also. I see alot of ppl on here use Aubrey Organics and Giovanti products.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Skluffy101 27th February 2010, 8:35 pm

nope nope i wash my hair in the shower. I put it in about 4 sections and use organix shampoo (the tea tree one), do an ACV rinse and use Organix coconut conditioner to detangle. Its only after the wash that I see a couple of knots here and there which is beyond annoying.
Skluffy101
Skluffy101

Back to top Go down

Post by komirra 28th February 2010, 10:22 pm

to help with detangling u might want to get some hair polisher. it added alot of slip to the hair. u usually dont have to use alot, but i detangle mostly when my hair is damp after a wash. i had the same problem and the polisher seemed to work, plus it made my hair shiny. Smile i use proclaim glossing polish.
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st March 2010, 12:06 pm

I hope you're detangling your hair while it's wet and saturated with conditioner. That's the best time to detangle. I've learned to leave in a bit of conditioner after my final rinse and if I experience any knots or tangles I add more conditioner to that area. I've been transitioning for almost 18 months and I've managed both textures pretty well without any complaints.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki 13th March 2010, 9:08 pm

i had the exact same problem and it helped me TREMENDOUSLY to soak my in either coconut oil or condtioner (giovanni deeper moisture or lustrasilk cholesterol and mango) or BOTH and then baggy for about an hour BEFORE I shampoo..it helped a lot with the detangling which in turn helped with losing hair to those stupid knots!
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 13th March 2010, 11:15 pm

When I do the ACV rinse, it is the final thing I do to my hair before leaving the shower. It is in itself a great detangler. Some chose to rinse the ACV out with cool water (I do) and others leave it as is. The smell only lasts as long as it takes to dry whether you rinse or don't rinse out. I use Hair One Olive Oil for Dry Hair Cleanser and Conditioner (all-in-one) and follow the directions exactly which entails so many pumps for applied to the crown and nape, massaging in for so many minutes and then combing it in and leaving it on the head at least 5 minutes. The longer you leave it the better it works as far as staying detangled after you exist the shower. Hair One is my leave-in as well....3-5 pumps for my thick hair.
BTW....the ACV closes the cuticle and so to condition after the ACV without using heat to re-open the cuticle is a waste of product. This is probably why you are having such difficulty detangling with your conditioner. Try doing the ACV last and tell us what happens. Oh and what is your proportion of ACV to water? I use 1/4c to 2 quart (8cups) of water and mix it in a pitcher....I get about 2-3 rinses worth with that amount.
Here is a thread from the LHC forum regarding this subject:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-10012.html
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down