CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product buildup

3 posters

Go down

Product buildup Empty Product buildup

Post by sunshineonfridays 26th February 2010, 6:55 pm

Hello one of my hair idols!! LOL!! I have been lurking on youtube as well as naturallycurly and your information has been informative and helpful. I have been having problems with gel and product buildup. I have just recently started the CG method and has completed my last sulfate shampoo and I alo trimmed my ends. I am using eco-stlyer gel and hello hydration gel. I have learned the eco-styler gel does not like other products to be used on it, but I have used just water and evoo and still I have buildup after my hair dries. I tried to use conditioner as a leave-in with hello hydration gel"but I still have a buildup. The conditioners I have used are GArnier Fructis "sleek and shine" and "hello hydration". I do not know what am doing wrong but I have tried and followed everything you say about caring for your hair and the correct way to CG but still I have product buildup. I only use the gel to smooth my edges or sometimes to lay back the front of my hair when am using bands or scarfs.
sunshineonfridays
sunshineonfridays

Back to top Go down

Product buildup Empty Re: Product buildup

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st March 2010, 6:57 pm

I am not sure who this was for but I think I can help. You may have to clarify your hair to ensure you have no build up. I used Eco Styler gel clear for weeks during the summer and did not have any build up issues. When was the last time you clarified? When did you finish the sulfate shampoo?

Perhaps your hair does not like those gels. Other gels I recommend are HE set me up, FOTE aloe vera gel and LA Looks. You can also make your own gel using flax seeds.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 5th March 2010, 10:34 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I am not sure who this was for but I think I can help. You may have to clarify your hair to ensure you have no build up. I used Eco Styler gel clear for weeks during the summer and did not have any build up issues. When was the last time you clarified? When did you finish the sulfate shampoo?

Perhaps your hair does not like those gels. Other gels I recommend are HE set me up, FOTE aloe vera gel and LA Looks. You can also make your own gel using flax seeds.

Hi ChrsLvsBks how do you make your own gel using flax seed? I am currently using IC fantasia gel (the clear one with aloe) for my WnG. My hair is ok the first day but very crunchy the next day. Also I have alot of knots. I didn't go out today but I have to cowash tomorrow or wear a hat if I want to leave the house. The build up doesn't seem bad but my scalp feels dry and I put my castor oil mix (sweet almond oil, castor oil, jojoba oil) on my scalp last night.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down