CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Often to Trim

5 posters

Go down

How Often to Trim Empty How Often to Trim

Post by Monnie 26th February 2010, 2:01 am

For the ladies with APL or longer who have managed to retain length, whether while relaxed, transitioning or fully natural:

How often to you clip your ends? I understand that you probably take good care of your ends, but how often did you find yourself clipping your ends when you were able to grow long healthy hair with few split ends?

I am confused about this because my stylist wants my ends clipped every 6-8 weeks, not becuase I have split ends, but because she wants to make sure I do not get them. Now, true, I don't have split ends, but I am also not retainig lenght and I wonder whether I clip my ends too much (which my mother has always told me I do). Then again, I don't want split ends either.

Any thoughts?
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

How Often to Trim Empty Re: How Often to Trim

Post by nikkinixnicole 26th February 2010, 3:16 am

I normally trim when I actually see split ends (which may or may not be good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), as opposed to when people say we're supposed to trim. I've noticed my hair does not need as much trimming now compared to when I used to relax my hair. I say, enjoy the length and when you notice split ends or more shedding than usual, get those scissors out and trim (this advice was also given to me from more than one person, all with seemingly healthy hair).

Hope this helps [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
nikkinixnicole
nikkinixnicole

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 28th February 2010, 2:11 am

i used to trim my own hair but learned that i'm not that great at trimming and making the hair fall right on my face, so i leave it up to a hairdresser to trim my hair and usually go every two or three months. But i do dust my hair every month or so. I cut about a 1/4" off and i think it has helped my hair to grow.
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th March 2010, 12:56 pm

I only trim when needed. I examine my ends often but I am not on a schedule.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scrapsugar 16th March 2010, 12:05 pm

I don't trim on a schedule either but I'd say about 4 times a year for dusting. Probably less depending on your regimen.
scrapsugar
scrapsugar

http://www.scrapsugar.com/fabfringe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down