CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KCCC Styling Advice Needed

3 posters

Go down

KCCC Styling Advice Needed Empty KCCC Styling Advice Needed

Post by ReRe71 9th November 2010, 5:43 pm

Could you provide some tips on how to use the Kinky Curly Curling Custard? I tried it for the first time this morning, and it looks ok, but I have some frizzies (see below pic) and not as much definition as I thought there would be. I co-washed this morning, used Giovanni Direct Leave-in, then applied the KCCC (I applied it in sections). I made sure my hair was wet (not damp) when I applied it. Am I doing something wrong?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

KCCC Styling Advice Needed Empty Re: KCCC Styling Advice Needed

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 7:04 pm

Hi ReRe....I dont know your hair looks good to me!

BUT I will say KCCC performs best when used in conjunction with Knot Today....maybe you didnt use enough? Most people have found if they use an oil under the KCCC it cuts down on crunch. Since this is your first time you probably need a few more test runs!

Good Luck!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 9th November 2010, 10:41 pm

EMarie - I didn't use Knot Today....I will get some this weekend and try it. I so love my Giovanni Direct Leave-In...but maybe the KT will work better with the curling custard. It looks ok in the picture, but its kinda frizzy on top. I guess I'll do some more test runs! Smile
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 10:48 pm

I know....I dont always use Knot Today....I just washed mine today and I used Karen's Body Beautiful and a little coconut oil with the KCCC and I still have a little crunch....its not ridiculous so I will survive!!

One day you and I both will get it right!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 10:54 pm

ReRe, From the pic, I think your hair looks really good. But like Marie said, the 2 work in tandem. I think we all had a bit of a learning curve because the right amount of product, right amount of wetness, and the pairing with KT is key for this product, but when you figure that out for your hair, I believe you will be pleased! It is like a jealous, selfish child too. It is very particular about being paired with other products. Question - are you used to getting more definition with another product?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 10:56 pm

Marie, do you like the KBB better on wet hair than dry?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 11:04 pm

Hey Natural....I use it both ways and they both work about the same for me. I love it as a leave in and I will use it on 2nd and 3rd day hair to refresh the curls.....and it smells so good!!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 9th November 2010, 11:16 pm

Definitely smells good. I have to try it on wet hair. I am using it now to moisturize and plait my hair along with a green tea spritz. I used it a couple of days previously to dry twist and it turned out pretty good. Jury still out for me on functionality. I want to try Oyin Honey Hemp, but after that, I think I am going to quit spending my money on these hair milk types. I get great results with KT or kimmaytube leave-in on dry twists or a simple leave in condish like Giovanni.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 9th November 2010, 11:41 pm

nng1900 - I guess that I'm getting the same definition as when I'm using my ecostyler (but with less crunch). I'm thinking that using the KCNT will make a difference. My Target is finally selling KC products so I plan on going there this weekend to get the KT.

Another question ladies - Do I need to do the whole process again in the morning, or is there a way to "refresh" the style without cowashing again?
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 9th November 2010, 11:55 pm

@nng1900 - I definitely feel you on that! I was using Knot today for a while with good results....but Im in Jersey City and when I go see my mom I just stop in Karen's Body Beautiful and get whatever I need.

@ReRe- you definitely can "refresh" you don't need to do the whole thing again.....I usually use a little leave in and water based on the weather more of one less of the other!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 9th November 2010, 11:59 pm

Ok, so I can just spritz it in the morning with a water/leave-in mixture?
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 10th November 2010, 12:33 am

ReRe - you got it!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down