CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011

+43
Curlykid78
freckledmom4
TriniCherryPrincess
Nikcoils
blondie
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
PaganWifey
AfrikanLatina
Mom2KurlyT
Buttercup76
priceless
MellowOne
nattyblog
CurlsGalore
Naturally Zee
curly-me-naturally
DvaAuNaturel
swoodward
TMS
Muz
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
MahoganyCurls
NhappyJackie
mochamoments
jcanalena79
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Mz. Thang
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
Shauny
curlyboricua
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
CocoEuro
47 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011

Post by CocoEuro 30th July 2010, 4:16 am

MellowOne wrote:Your twist look great and you got a lot of growth!

Thank you Mellow, I'm happy!!! Felt like my hair wasn't growing!!!

Lynnieluve wrote:WoW!!! You did a good job straightening your hair!!

Love the twist and the new avatar!!!

Great growth retention!!

Thanks Lynnie!!! Look at you in my hometown!!!! Eat a pizza for me!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Coco! Loving your hair straightened and twisted. Versatility is the name of the game! That is some marvelous growth from just April to July. I'm AMAZED!

Thanks Poet!!! Yes, my hair has been in quite a few styles!!! I'm happy!!!!

npmoore04 wrote:Great update and a lot of growth. I am trying not to straighten my hair til the end of the summer or end of the year cause i am thinking of coloring it and donate my hair to lock of love. I do want to see what my growth looks like cause my shrinkage is a deceiver to the eye.

Thanks NP, how cool!! I heard locs of love need type 3 and 4 hair!!! Shrinkage is a mess!!! I thought my hair wasn't growing!!! Make sure you share pics of when you straighten your hair!!! ; )
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 11 Empty Re: Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th July 2010, 3:31 pm

Your twists look really great and your hair has really grown. Looks fantastic!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 1st August 2010, 5:20 pm

Thanks Dva!! I like your new Avi!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 17th August 2010, 8:22 pm

Hey Ladies,

I am back from vacation!!! I soo needed it!!! I went to the Bavarian Alps!! Be-U-ti-ful, here is the view from my suite

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 11 01010

I even slacked on doing my hair! I ran out of products!! I was using scraps of products from the bottom of jars/containers!!! LOL! What a mess!

Here's a few things I did!

A flat-twist out with braids in the front!
Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 11 Pictur10
This was done after a henna treatment, and I set it with Aussie Moist Conditioner which I did not like! It was very nice and thick but when it made my hair dry!

Then I did a chunky twist-out! Set on large twist! I usually set my twist with smaller twist because when I did try larger twist it did not come out good! I just wanted to try it again! I set these with Beauty Without Cruetly Leave-In Conditioner...Pretty good condish but not heavy enough for my hair! 4 hours after I took the twist down my hair puffed up something crazy!!!!
Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 11 Pictur11

and that's it!! right now my hair is in twists pinned up! I just want to obtain simplicity all around with my hair!!! I'm ready to have a set hair style and staple products. I'll see how September treats me!

CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 17th August 2010, 9:51 pm

Hey Coco,

That chunky twistout is gorgeous!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 18th August 2010, 12:47 am

glad you had fun on your vaca welcome back
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 18th August 2010, 4:31 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey Coco,

That chunky twistout is gorgeous!
thank you doll, I have to figure out a way to make it last throughout the day

priceless wrote:glad you had fun on your vaca welcome back

Thanks, I can't wait to go back there!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 21st August 2010, 11:07 am

Hey Cocoa! Yay for vacation? I haven't had one of those in forever!

Wait...what's a vacation again?

I love your chunky twist out! I have BWC too. It's very light. I only use it occasionally in the summertime. I use it on my daughter's hair too.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd August 2010, 12:32 am

i love beautiful views on a good vacay day! its like a painting coming to life in front of you!

EEEEK!! my biggest fear is running out of products while im on vacay which is why i always tend to over pack! id rather have enuff than not enuff, lol. ur hair still made out fine though!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 23rd August 2010, 6:31 pm

Hi! Dropping by with neighborly love!
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd August 2010, 7:10 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hey Cocoa! Yay for vacation? I haven't had one of those in forever!

Wait...what's a vacation again?

I love your chunky twist out! I have BWC too. It's very light. I only use it occasionally in the summertime. I use it on my daughter's hair too.

Yeah, we all need a vacay, it's been well over due for me!! I did not know how to act! LOL!
BWC is extremely light, but the ingredients are on point!

NubieNatty wrote:i love beautiful views on a good vacay day! its like a painting coming to life in front of you!

EEEEK!! my biggest fear is running out of products while im on vacay which is why i always tend to over pack! id rather have enuff than not enuff, lol. ur hair still made out fine though!

gurl, I went and bought some Hello Hydration! I said I wasn't going to use anymore store bought products but I was desperate!

TriniCherryPrincess wrote:Hi! Dropping by with neighborly love!

Hey Trini!!!! (waving)
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st September 2010, 10:59 am

Beautiful hairā€”loving the twists & straight hair! You have retained a lot in the past four months, kudos to you.

Vacations are the best! Your picture is breathtaking. Glad you were able to enjoy!

Thanks for volunteering and helping our troops.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 7th September 2010, 4:33 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Beautiful hairā€”loving the twists & straight hair! You have retained a lot in the past four months, kudos to you.

Vacations are the best! Your picture is breathtaking. Glad you were able to enjoy!

Thanks for volunteering and helping our troops.

Thanks Chrs!!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 7th September 2010, 4:38 am

Hi Ladies,

I'm super busy! Kids are back to school and so am I!!! I started on my Master's program again!! I still want to document my hair journey and share it with you ladies!!! So I created a Facebook account!! It's quicker for me to update statuses and upload pictures!!! I'll still be a CN visitor/resident!! LOL!!! So come on over and friend me on Facebook!

Coco Euro

Create Your Badge
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th September 2010, 7:41 am

Hi CoCoE....

I understand busy!!! That is a very nice picture from your vacation. Thanks so much for sharing. I have so many facebook friends sometimes I miss their status updates. I will make sure to check you out at least twice a week.

I love both styles, but THAT chunky twist out is just beautiful.

Congratulations on getting started on your Masters. Good luck and stay focused....

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 22nd September 2010, 10:08 am

I'm going to be doing a personal hair challenge. In 6 months, April 2011, I want my hair to be 3 inches longer than what it is now. When I was twisting my hair last night, I noticed how thin the ends of my hair are getting and I know in time they will just break off. I'm going to jot down a plan and get started on October 1st.
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 22nd September 2010, 10:50 am

Good Morning CocoEuro....Just passing through and looking at you gorgeous pics.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd September 2010, 3:43 pm

Hey CocoEuro,
I was taking a stroll on Curl Street and stumlbled across your journal and I'm glad I did. Your pictures and styles are beautiful. Wishing you much luck on your challenge. I'll look you up on fb.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th September 2010, 4:43 am

NhappyJackie wrote:Good Morning CocoEuro....Just passing through and looking at you gorgeous pics.

freckledmom4 wrote:Hey CocoEuro,
I was taking a stroll on Curl Street and stumlbled across your journal and I'm glad I did. Your pictures and styles are beautiful. Wishing you much luck on your challenge. I'll look you up on fb.

Hello Ladies, thanks for stopping by and thank you so much for the compliments! They mean a lot! I've been having "I don't know what to do with my hair" moments these days!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th September 2010, 11:50 am

Hey CocoEuro,
Good luck with the hair growth challenge. That's one of the things Cathy Howse's book addresses/focuses on, how to grow your hair consistently for a given period. For her book it's 6 in. longer in a year, so your goal if perfect. The basics in her book talk about moisture and conditioning the hair, if I remember correctly. Kimmaytube references the book a lot too and followed it's guidelines to get her started and you see what her hair looks like.

I'm sure you'll have success. Your hair is great now and will be even more gorgeous after your challenge.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th September 2010, 11:58 am

Hey Dva!! 1st!! Your avi is OMGoodness HAWT!!! Looking good, gurl!!

I was following Cathy Howse back in 2004 when I was still relaxing my hair!! My hair grew to arm pit length, but I had wispy ends so I cut my hair into a bob. I never read her book, I was just using information from her website so I did not have the full information about her system. I will be ordering her book plus with all the knowledge I've obtained while being natural, I should be good to go!!!

Thanks for the best wishes!!! Very Happy
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlykid78 26th September 2010, 9:37 pm

Hi ladies! Is it to late to join this challenge?
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCurlyKid32

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 27th September 2010, 5:12 am

You can join me if you like!

Would anyone else like to join???
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th September 2010, 5:16 am

CocoEuro wrote:You can join me if you like!

Would anyone else like to join???

I'm so bad with challenges. I'm going to get the book first and let you know. Sounds very interesting.

I thought I was the only one up at the time of morning. You have an excuse...me, well all I can say is I'm going to be very sleep in a few hours when I get to work!! Sleep
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 30th September 2010, 4:42 am

LOL!!! Go to bed KNH!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next