CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011

+43
Curlykid78
freckledmom4
TriniCherryPrincess
Nikcoils
blondie
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
PaganWifey
AfrikanLatina
Mom2KurlyT
Buttercup76
priceless
MellowOne
nattyblog
CurlsGalore
Naturally Zee
curly-me-naturally
DvaAuNaturel
swoodward
TMS
Muz
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
NubieNatty
MahoganyCurls
NhappyJackie
mochamoments
jcanalena79
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Mz. Thang
Intelligentbeauty
SheeTacular
Shauny
curlyboricua
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
CocoEuro
47 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Empty Re: Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th July 2010, 1:02 pm

CocoEuro wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CocoE....

You did a GREAT job on your braids. WOW...I wore braids for 2 months. I co-washed every other week, and I used castor oil w/lavender oil on my scalp on wash days only. Then after that I used Frank Juice from Oyin, but by the second month I came up with a spritz that kept my hair so moist...(when I took my braids down my natural hair was very hydrated for real and I had curls poppin all over the place)

Mineral water
Jojoba oil
light conditioner

That was it....when I say moist city!!!

Sorry it took me so long to get over here....but I must say again you have the patience of Job and you did a GREAT job on your own hair!!

Mineral water? Like San Pellogrino??? Do you remember the measurements???? I really need to keep up with moisture...it is hot and dry here!!!

I don't remember which kind..I'll check when I get home tonight. I bought it from WholeFoods.

I kinds eyed the mixture, but you could try the 70/30 mixture depending on how much you want to make

70% water
30% jojoba oil
addd a squirt of conditioner...I used Suave. Use something light

You will need to shake it well before each use, because the oil separates from the water.

HTH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Empty Re: Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011

Post by CurlsGalore 12th July 2010, 2:34 pm

Hey Coco! Your braids are still looking good! I'm like you, I start to miss my hair after a couple of weeks. How long do you plan to keep them in? Big ups for putting them in yourself! Another goal I'd like to achieve one day.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 12th July 2010, 5:48 pm

I love this! What kind of hair did you use? Did you curl it yourself?
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 12th July 2010, 7:03 pm

nattyblog wrote:Saw your avi today and rushed right over to drool some more, lol! You all are just way too inspiring for my limited repertoire. Laughing

You got me eyeing those two bags I got left. They keep whispering at me now like, "What?"

LOL!! Thank you!!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Love the new avi!

Thanks you DVA!!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
CocoEuro wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey CocoE....

You did a GREAT job on your braids. WOW...I wore braids for 2 months. I co-washed every other week, and I used castor oil w/lavender oil on my scalp on wash days only. Then after that I used Frank Juice from Oyin, but by the second month I came up with a spritz that kept my hair so moist...(when I took my braids down my natural hair was very hydrated for real and I had curls poppin all over the place)

Mineral water
Jojoba oil
light conditioner

That was it....when I say moist city!!!

Sorry it took me so long to get over here....but I must say again you have the patience of Job and you did a GREAT job on your own hair!!

Mineral water? Like San Pellogrino??? Do you remember the measurements???? I really need to keep up with moisture...it is hot and dry here!!!

I don't remember which kind..I'll check when I get home tonight. I bought it from WholeFoods.

I kinds eyed the mixture, but you could try the 70/30 mixture depending on how much you want to make

70% water
30% jojoba oil
addd a squirt of conditioner...I used Suave. Use something light

You will need to shake it well before each use, because the oil separates from the water.

HTH

ok..I will try, thanks

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Coco! Your braids are still looking good! I'm like you, I start to miss my hair after a couple of weeks. How long do you plan to keep them in? Big ups for putting them in yourself! Another goal I'd like to achieve one day.

Thank you, my plan is to keep untill September, not sure how smart that would be but we will be vacationing soon and I don't want to worry about my hair! and don't want to take these out to put them in again.

Mom2KurlyT wrote:I love this! What kind of hair did you use? Did you curl it yourself?

Hi, thank you! I used Sensationnel's Braid Plus in French Curl, it's Toyokalon..It comes already curled...I tried finding a pic online but couldn't. I'll take a pic of the pack and post it soon!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th July 2010, 4:31 pm

Looking great lady! Wow, you did an amazing job!

I'm glad KNH shared her spritz. I may try it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 14th July 2010, 3:17 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Looking great lady! Wow, you did an amazing job!

I'm glad KNH shared her spritz. I may try it.

Thank you!!! Yes, I tried it and I love it! So much better than the Jerri Curl Juice!! Way too greasy!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 25th July 2010, 7:06 pm

Hello Ladies!!!

How's everyone's summer going? Mine has been busy!!! Volunteering with my husband's unit, greeting and assisting soldiers and spouses of soldiers coming back from the Middle East...whew!!!

So on to hair news! The braids are out!!!! They were getting messy and I did not want to spend time rebraiding! Plus I did not feel that my hair was getting moisturized enough with them in! So they are gone!!!

So I immediately went back to twists
Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 04910

I washed my hair with Aubrey Organics Swimmer's Shampoo, it's supposed to clarify chlorine, sweat and mineral deposits. The water here in Germany is very hard! There is calcium build up everywhere, which I clear every now and then with ACV!! ; ). The shampoo does make my hair feel soft, once the bottle is finished I determine if it's a keeper!!!

Then, shampooed my hair with Beauty Without Cruelty (BWC) Moisture Shampoo..this was kind of drying!! I will switched to using this on my scalp only!

Deep Conditioned with BWC Moisture Conditioner...it was runny!!! I will add some butters, oils, and honey to this!!!

Then applied BWC leave-in conditioner, I'm not sure about this yet!!

Then twisted my hair with Curls Whipped Cream!!! While I was putting it on, I liked the way it felt. It's very thick, creamy, and moisturizing! I did not have enough for my entire hair because I used a sample so I finished my twists with Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter Cream, this felt good too!!!

Then 4 days later I did a twist out!!

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 08910

Not as defined as I like and it was kind of dry!! Sad I guess I need a lot more hold and I forgot to seal my moisture (the leave-in) with an oil. I usually seal with EVOO!!!! Plus my ends looked frayed

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 10010

Which could be a multiple of reasons

1) My last trim was in February, 6 months ago
2) I tried dying my hair myself in March (disaster)
3) Not enough moisture with the braids
4) I need to Henna, haven't done a Henna treatment since March when I was fixing my hair dying job!

so I straightened my hair!!!

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 10510

I washed my hair with the Aubrey Organics Swimmer's Shampoo, Shampooed with BWC Shampoo.

Deep Conditioned with 1 cup of Tressame Moisture Rich Conditioner, 2 tbs of Aloe Vera Gel, 2tbs melted Shea and mango butters, 1tbs of EVOO and EVCO, 2tbs Honey. Sat under my Huetiful steamer for 30 min. Rinsed

Sectioned my hair into 4 sections and in each section I created 3 braids, to keep my hair from tangling. Sat under my hooded dryer until my hair was 90% dry. Took down one braid at a time, applied Mizani's Thermal Protection, blew it completely dry, then flat-ironed with my Chi.

I took a pic of my hair once it was all straight but for some reason my camera did not save it I got an error message! : ( Right now it's wrapped up into a doubie! I won't take it down until I know I'm leaving the house!!! LOL!!! Got to fight humidity! Something I don't have to worry about when it's in its natural state!

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 10810

I'll post another pic when I take my hair down!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th July 2010, 7:10 pm

oh I cant wait to see it down!! Go head!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th July 2010, 9:15 pm

I could be late but I like the avatar coco. I also can't wait to see what it looks like when you let it down. I remember when I straightened my hair back in march it was still poofy but I liked it bc it got bigger and bigger as the day went on.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th July 2010, 12:09 am

Hey Coco,

Love the new avi and I also can't wait to see your hair when you take it down
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 26th July 2010, 1:39 am

You're workin' those twists.

I'm so jealous of your hair straightening job. I love the versatility of natural hair because we can have BOTH but I could NEVER get it to look decent when I straightened. EVER. I just....couldn't master the skill. Rock it.

And...yeah humidity can BLOW. Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Icon_evil
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 26th July 2010, 3:29 pm

ok...here it is!!!

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 00211

My ends weren't as bad as I thought so I dusted the ends myself instead of going to a stylist!! I retained some length!! woo hoo!!!

Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 April_11
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 27th July 2010, 1:37 am

Hey CoCo!!

I had to come over after seeing your new avi around town Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Icon_biggrin Congrats on your hair growth....I hope to have some growth pics like that very soon!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th July 2010, 1:56 am

Great job straightening you hair!!! And I love the new avi!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 27th July 2010, 5:01 am

Thanks ladies!!!! Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th July 2010, 8:14 am

Your hair is really pretty and it has grown a lot!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 27th July 2010, 11:57 am

Thanks KC!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 28th July 2010, 10:42 pm

Love the avi, Coco!!! So pretty, sis!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th July 2010, 11:21 pm

i love the avi and u did a great job on straightening. im so scared...well for one i never did a good job with flat ironing anywayz even with a perm Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes and i know i need to trim but im scared of that too esp when i get to the back! u have really retained ur length and hella growth within 3 months!! i need to keep my hair twisted more often Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Icon_scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 28th July 2010, 11:29 pm

Love, love, LOVE the twists!!! Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Herz
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 29th July 2010, 9:06 am

CurlsGalore wrote:Love the avi, Coco!!! So pretty, sis!

Thank you CG!!!

NubieNatty wrote:i love the avi and u did a great job on straightening. im so scared...well for one i never did a good job with flat ironing anywayz even with a perm Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes and i know i need to trim but im scared of that too esp when i get to the back! u have really retained ur length and hella growth within 3 months!! i need to keep my hair twisted more often Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Icon_scratch

I've been doing my hair since I was 10!!! I even did perms!!! YIKES!!! so it is definitely practice, practice, practice!!! I also used to watch stylists as they did hair so I emulate a lot of what they do!!

Yes, and i think the twists really helped me retain length!! I got the ah ha moment when I pulled on my daughter's twist one day and so that are hair was past bra strap!! We started transitioning the same time and all she wears is twists!!!

blondie wrote:Love, love, LOVE the twists!!! Hair Growth Challenge!! - Starting Oct. 1 ( or sometime this weekend) till April 1, 2011 - Page 10 Herz

Thanks B!! haven't seen you around in awhile!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th July 2010, 10:09 am

Your twist look great and you got a lot of growth!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th July 2010, 10:26 am

WoW!!! You did a good job straightening your hair!!

Love the twist and the new avatar!!!

Great growth retention!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th July 2010, 1:19 pm

Hey Coco! Loving your hair straightened and twisted. Versatility is the name of the game! That is some marvelous growth from just April to July. I'm AMAZED!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 29th July 2010, 3:05 pm

Great update and a lot of growth. I am trying not to straighten my hair til the end of the summer or end of the year cause i am thinking of coloring it and donate my hair to lock of love. I do want to see what my growth looks like cause my shrinkage is a deceiver to the eye.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next