CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring/Summer Regimens

+26
brownsugar09
NaturallyJazzy
Naturalpenny
Karyn
jlowman1
Intelligentbeauty
truet
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
Erica5417
avyishi
CocaColaCutie
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
LadyMika
HAMPTONSFNST
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Ameenah
splitsun
NubieNatty
R2D2
bholmes87
CostaKink
MsJay1121
tiashaunteé
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spring/Summer Regimens Empty Spring/Summer Regimens

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd February 2010, 12:49 pm

The first day of Spring is 1 month away. I am hoping that the warm weather will come immediately!!!

I don't think it's too early to start talking about warm weather regimens. Last summer I didn't do much to my hair at all. All the growth I have retained has been the result of my winter regimen.

What things work great for you during the warmer months?
Is there anything that you bring into the warmer months from the colder months?
Ladies in warmer climates, is there anything that you use year round?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Spring/Summer Regimens Empty Re: Spring/Summer Regimens

Post by MsJay1121 22nd February 2010, 1:22 pm

IDK... but I will be watching this thread...

I'm ready to perfect a wash and go though. I get more growth in the warmer months, so I can't wait!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by CostaKink 22nd February 2010, 1:27 pm

I'm looking forward to trying out a wash and go! @tiashauntee loving' your profile pic
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd February 2010, 1:31 pm

CostaKink wrote:I'm looking forward to trying out a wash and go! @tiashauntee loving' your profile pic
Thank you!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 22nd February 2010, 1:36 pm

^^^ me too!!!! Is it a braid out?
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd February 2010, 9:10 pm

I'm pretty much a newbie cuz I've only got 2 months of experience dealing with my hair all natural. But I will say that I would most definitely use extra virgin olive oil all year because it's very light and I put a little EVOO in almost everything I have! lol it's in my conditioners, my spray bottle, my deep treaments, my moisturizers ... and the list goes on and on! But I still think I'll be doing twists and twist outs over the summer. Essentially there's not much climate difference in Cali so I can't say there's a big change in winter vs. summer regies for me personally but I would generally say I would do more wash n' gos in the summer and more buns and twists in the winter Smile
I'll be watching this thread though like CurlieCutes cuz I don't really have a regimen and I want to work on creating one that works for me!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 22nd February 2010, 10:54 pm

I'm at the tail end of summer where I live and 1 months time will be autumn, thank goodness! I'm so over the heat of summer.

I started out daily co-washing, which my hair loved. I struggled with keeping up with it though and eventually changed to making a homemade spritz mix and spritzing day and night. So right now, I DC once a week and co-wash once a week. I have my hair in braids in between and have been pleased with my growth and retention.

My hair has loved protein and henna this summer as it tends to get weak without it. I use Aubrey Organics GPB as my weekly deep conditioner. Henna has helped to control the shedding.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 11:35 am

i will definitely be watchin this topic as well becuz this is my FIRST spring/summer as a natural. im looking to research what products are good for the warm months...i do know i will attempt henna this summer.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 23rd February 2010, 12:11 pm

I'm so excited about summer cause I want to do my first henna.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 23rd February 2010, 1:14 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i will definitely be watchin this topic as well becuz this is my FIRST spring/summer as a natural. im looking to research what products are good for the warm months...i do know i will attempt henna this summer.

yea me too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 23rd February 2010, 2:38 pm

Well with me livin in Hotlanta...I'm sure I'll be deep conditioning about every other day....the sun is so hot...it'll dry my hair out with the quickness....but I'm purchasing a steamer cap this weekend so I'll be doin rollersets, wash n go's and Queen Cornrows wth weave for my protective style....
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd February 2010, 2:58 pm

all im doin is wash-n-go's!! OMG!! i cant wait. the mere thought of steppin out of the shower, dress n go sounds too good to be true! im no longer scared to get my hair wet so i will be free to SWIM...**evil laugh**muuaaaaah!!

**gazing into the sunset** oh the possibilities of FREE-NESS this summer..i cant wait!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 24th February 2010, 2:14 pm

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to embrace the NYC humidity with my natural hair or weave it up again this summer. Because it gets so humid in the city I hate doing my hair but it's a lil cooler here on the Island since I live near the beach.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 24th February 2010, 4:32 pm

Since I just did BC #2, it's nothing but wash and go for me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 4:36 pm

lady...ur avi is awesome!! how do u get curls all over? what did u do?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 24th February 2010, 4:47 pm

NubieNatty wrote:lady...ur avi is awesome!! how do u get curls all over? what did u do?

That day, I co-washed with TRESemme Flawless Curls condish, and sprayed a mix of that same conditioner, water, jojoba oil, hemp seed oil, Kinky Curly Curling Custard all over my head. I raked it in, shook my head, and BAM: INSTANT CURLS. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th February 2010, 6:24 pm

Like many of you, I WnG during the summer. I love the ease of doing it. This will be my second summer rocking my curls [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 24th February 2010, 6:49 pm

I definitely want to try a wash n go with Kinky Curly Curling Custard!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 24th February 2010, 6:50 pm

I am so determined to get my wash and go to look nice this spring/summer. I BC'd last April and didn't know what the heck I was doing then so yea...And now I have more length to play with yay--but that also means longer drying time---boooo.

As for my regimen I still plan to co-wash once maybe twice a week and use shampoo about once a month. I'm also trying to build up enough nerve to henna or do some other kinds of different treatments like the cherry lola--with yogurt, baking soda and amino acids or the coconut lime. I figured there was no point in doing them now because I'm hoping that these treatments will help with curl definition and I've kept my hair in these mini twists for what seems like forever and a day.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th February 2010, 6:51 pm

between the miracurl and the kccc i cant bring myself to dish out a $20 bill for it right now! so im gonna get me some kbb and do try out my w-n-g with some hair milk. i just ready to take a dip in the pool.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 24th February 2010, 10:48 pm

I live in hot weather year round so i pretty much wash and go, or braids, twist, and sometimes cornrows...if i don't cut my hair too much this Saturday i may go back to my favorite pigtails around June. I use plenty of conditioner...i also use Carol's daughter leave in conditioners in addition to other conditioners...i spray the carol's daughter and a little oil on the ends before i go to bed if i have braids or twist and when i wake up in the morning i spray it again...add shea butter, coconut, or olive oil and go... If i'm going to the beach i have some leave in conditioner and a mixer in a spray bottle in my beach bag. Oh and i use hair milk ever 2-3 days if i have a wash and go.

Last edited by beautywithcurls on 24th February 2010, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 24th February 2010, 10:51 pm

beautywithcurls wrote:I live in hot weather year round so i pretty much wash and go, braids twist, and sometimes cornrows...if i don't cut my hair too much this Saturday i may go back to my favorite pigtails around June. Plenty of conditioner...i also use Carol's daughter leave in conditioners in addition to other conditioners...i spray the carol's daughter before i go to bed if i have braids or twist and when i wake up in the morning i spray it again...add shea butter, coconut, or olive oil and go... If i'm going to the beach i have some leave in conditioner and a mixer in a spray bottle in my beach bag.

Of course I'm not jealous. I mean, yes it is 14 degrees here but why would I be jealous because you're talking about going to the beach? It's not like I won't be able to go to the beach in abut 6 months. Did I say I wasn't jealous?
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 24th February 2010, 10:53 pm

Lol...Erica, you can come with me to the beach this weekend....just get on the plane and we can look at the cuties on the island :-D
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th February 2010, 12:20 am

oh beauty that was just wrong lol! why you gotta add the cuties to the beach scene! Just wrong!!

Well I bc'd in the summer so I am looking forward my hair growing and seeing the potential of my WnG. I am so anxious to get some major hang time!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by avyishi 25th February 2010, 12:37 pm

@ Sweetdrk1....I'm Just Trying 2 motivate the ladies 2 visit the U.S.Virgin Islands. :-D I can't wait to see your summer WnG!
avyishi
avyishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next