CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protein free hair regimens

2 posters

Go down

Protein free hair regimens Empty Protein free hair regimens

Post by Labrat 8th October 2010, 4:01 pm

Hey Ladies,

I am a transitioner trying to combat the hay like nature of my hair. I am doing different experiments to get at the cause of my perpetual hair dryness. One thing I'm thinking is that I may be using too much protein (aphogee treatments, reconstructors and such). So what I would like to do is try a reduced to zero protein regimen for about a month. I have been tranistioning for about 3 months and have a little new growth and I'm pretty sure that I will be in the 4 group in terms of hair type...the roots of my hair are tightly coiled. I initially did protein treatments because I thought I needed it, but then I read that people with my type of hair rarely lack protein, so I think I may have over done it Smile

So I would like to do an experiment and swear off the protein for bit and concentrate on moisture. My goals are to find a good conditioner and moisturizer that can keep my hair soft and moisturized for at least an entire day. I currently have afroveda products, shea moisture, Miss Jessie's, and I recently ordered Qhemets olive oil heavy cream. In terms of conditioner, I use trader joes tea tree tingle or giovanni dorect leave in, or knot today.

Can anyone tell me their protein free haircare regimen? Thanks so much!

Labrat

Back to top Go down

Protein free hair regimens Empty Re: Protein free hair regimens

Post by Naturally Esq 10th October 2010, 5:22 pm

I have 4a/b hair and it loves protein. I just keep a balance of protein and moisture in my hair care regimen.

Before you decide to follow a protein free haircare regimen have you read this article and taken the hair test at the end?
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Labrat 10th October 2010, 11:13 pm

Thanks Naturally Esq. I will definitely take that article into consideration. I did use porosity control by Roux since I posted and that seems to have worked really well in terms of stopping my hair from shedding.

Labrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down