CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts...

+83
hdthomas
CocoEuro
TwistedKurlzz
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
MzLaLaRochelle
LaToya28
brandiitneka
Koily_K-Lo
Yellagirlcurls
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
Hollis
COASTIE
MissCurly
dajewel
Karyn
popsbaby
lena73
MsJay1121
BohoStreet
curlybarbi48
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Tiffy2
MellowOne
TMS
KeetaRay
CurlsGalore
Cherry: extraordinary!
KreyolKatt
Intelligentbeauty
marbar1908
lucky7
ty
Vee
NewlyNina
cdawnlujan
BrownSkinDiva
p_nuttie43
SimplyShainee
truet
TutuKia
*CurlyNikki*
KeishaMac
NylaCoils
jcanalena79
DeNaturelle
Muz
mverde3
NaturalNixon
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
neethair
JRoshelle
Tamren
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
missmoriah
AfrikanLatina
KinkyNappyHappy
LuvMeLuvMyFro
NubieNatty
MaameYaa
~JOME~
PanaR3dd
Erica5417
d.denise
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
natural83
SheeTacular
tiashaunteƩ
naturalhonney
TerraD
NikG20
sweetdrk1
splitsun
LadyMika
snappynappy
87 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts... - Page 3 Empty Re: Random Thoughts...

Post by NikG20 18th February 2010, 7:04 pm

Awww, new niece? Congrats!!! cheers No problem but you know you have the hair game down!! lol I love you
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th February 2010, 8:28 pm

hey luvme, where is the hair show for va? i love hair shows!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th February 2010, 8:46 pm

I was looking at the hair show link wishing I could attend...saving my vacation time for the summer..you know how it is when you still have school age people living in your house.

Anyway...as I was reading about weavers looking for hair texture that is closer to natural kinky hair.

Somthing hit me and I was wondering...........Are there more ladies going natural, or is it that since I've gone natural I notice more ladies with natural hair?

Interesting......
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th February 2010, 10:01 pm

lol, kinkynap i notice more naturals too! i think its all in the head. kinda like once u get a new car n all of a sudden u see the car u just bought everywhere, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 19th February 2010, 4:59 pm

Anyone else looking forward to seeing the Lifetime Movie Sins of A Mother with Jill Scott on Sunday?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 19th February 2010, 5:04 pm

going to the monique show here in atlanta on monday
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th February 2010, 6:18 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Anyone else looking forward to seeing the Lifetime Movie Sins of A Mother with Jill Scott on Sunday?

I am...I need to make room on my DVR.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 19th February 2010, 6:30 pm

I need to make 3 diaper cakes.......I need about 4 more hours in the day everyday!
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 19th February 2010, 8:51 pm

im kinda sad me and my best friend kinda split up two years ago like we didnt argue but she started hanging out with other people and that i dont really care about but the fact that she just gradually stopped talking to me. We talk sometimes but definitely not as much and mean we would spend summers at eachothers houses our families were very close. and for the past two years i been trying to act like whatever and it doesnt really bother me and it does. I have a really good boyfriend in my life and he is my best friend too but sometime i just wish i had a girl friend to call up and hang out with. what the heck. sorry i just had to vent for a minute
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 19th February 2010, 9:09 pm

Why can't my mother learn some damned gratitude, and keep quiet? Seriously!! STOP TRYING TO HIGH STEP AT OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPENSE!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 10:14 pm

I know I'm late but I see you all were discussing cramps and I really need your help. I suffered from severe menstrual symptoms. It wasn't just severe cramps, but also total body aches, chills, and vomiting. I couldn't eat anything or drink anything and couldn't get out of bed. This also makes it difficult to take any medication because I throw it up or can't even swallow it. When it started, it was only the first day of my period. But then it progressed to last 3 days. I missed school and everything. This was when I was in high school. We tried so many different things but nothing worked. They finally put me on birth control, which worked, and I have been on them since 2001. I tried to stop taking them in 2007, but the symptoms returned, so I got back on. I REALLY want to get off of them. If anyone knows anything. I already tried the take a day before method and that didn't work. I hope someone knows something.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 19th February 2010, 10:23 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I know I'm late but I see you all were discussing cramps and I really need your help. I suffered from severe menstrual symptoms. It wasn't just severe cramps, but also total body aches, chills, and vomiting. I couldn't eat anything or drink anything and couldn't get out of bed. This also makes it difficult to take any medication because I throw it up or can't even swallow it. When it started, it was only the first day of my period. But then it progressed to last 3 days. I missed school and everything. This was when I was in high school. We tried so many different things but nothing worked. They finally put me on birth control, which worked, and I have been on them since 2001. I tried to stop taking them in 2007, but the symptoms returned, so I got back on. I REALLY want to get off of them. If anyone knows anything. I already tried the take a day before method and that didn't work. I hope someone knows something.

You should see a doctor. If the only solution your doctor has is putting you on birth control-- find another doctor because they should be trying to determine why you experience that. Birth control might ease the symptoms but the underlying issue (which could be fibroids or cysts etc.) is still present. Sometimes fibroids and cysts can cause things to get twisted and make you nauseous which would cause vomiting.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 10:38 pm

Erica5417 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:I know I'm late but I see you all were discussing cramps and I really need your help. I suffered from severe menstrual symptoms. It wasn't just severe cramps, but also total body aches, chills, and vomiting. I couldn't eat anything or drink anything and couldn't get out of bed. This also makes it difficult to take any medication because I throw it up or can't even swallow it. When it started, it was only the first day of my period. But then it progressed to last 3 days. I missed school and everything. This was when I was in high school. We tried so many different things but nothing worked. They finally put me on birth control, which worked, and I have been on them since 2001. I tried to stop taking them in 2007, but the symptoms returned, so I got back on. I REALLY want to get off of them. If anyone knows anything. I already tried the take a day before method and that didn't work. I hope someone knows something.

You should see a doctor. If the only solution your doctor has is putting you on birth control-- find another doctor because they should be trying to determine why you experience that. Birth control might ease the symptoms but the underlying issue (which could be fibroids or cysts etc.) is still present. Sometimes fibroids and cysts can cause things to get twisted and make you nauseous which would cause vomiting.

I've had an ultrasound and pelvic exams but they didn't find anything. What other tests could I ask for?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th February 2010, 10:44 pm

missmoriahiscurly wrote:im kinda sad me and my best friend kinda split up two years ago like we didnt argue but she started hanging out with other people and that i dont really care about but the fact that she just gradually stopped talking to me. We talk sometimes but definitely not as much and mean we would spend summers at eachothers houses our families were very close. and for the past two years i been trying to act like whatever and it doesnt really bother me and it does. I have a really good boyfriend in my life and he is my best friend too but sometime i just wish i had a girl friend to call up and hang out with. what the heck. sorry i just had to vent for a minute

Awwwww life's too short get your best friend back. just be forreal tell her you guys are best friends again effective TODAY lol. ok not like that but if you care about your best friend anything like I do mine it would go something like that. it's great to have your bf be your best friend but you said it best - sometimes you need that girl thats there thats got your back and who you can go hang out with and do things you and your bf may not wanna... I hope it all works out :0) But I say just be honest and tell her your miss her! I know it sounds corny but you never know, she may miss you too! life's too short to keep all that in...
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th February 2010, 10:50 pm

your cramps sound like mine. if im not sleepy ill take nyquil before anything else just so i can sleep though them! I know that's not addressing the problem but I have had a few months here or there where they weren't as bad and I really think it's something I can do in regards to my diet and exercising but I'm not disciplined enough to remember every month. Plus right before that time of the month is when i want to eat the MOST JUNK so of course i'm not gonna be eating right lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 10:59 pm

d.denise wrote:

your cramps sound like mine. if im not sleepy ill take nyquil before anything else just so i can sleep though them! I know that's not addressing the problem but I have had a few months here or there where they weren't as bad and I really think it's something I can do in regards to my diet and exercising but I'm not disciplined enough to remember every month. Plus right before that time of the month is when i want to eat the MOST JUNK so of course i'm not gonna be eating right lol.

You make a great point. I wish I had the time to sit and evaluate my diet and lifestyle. I'm sure that probably had something to do with it. Unfortunately, I'm in Pharmacy School and it's very demanding. I'm scared to even get off the pills and try because I can't afford to miss school. Lasti time I got off of them, I missed an entire presentation and my teacher gave me a 0 even though I had medical proof. I think people think I'm exaggerating sometimes. Everyone has cramps. But I (we) actually become ill. It affects my lifestyle. But I am tired of birth control. I want to get off. I'm concerned about the long term health risks of it, and I'd like to have children some day. I really don't know what to do.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th February 2010, 11:19 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
You make a great point. I wish I had the time to sit and evaluate my diet and lifestyle. I'm sure that probably had something to do with it. Unfortunately, I'm in Pharmacy School and it's very demanding. I'm scared to even get off the pills and try because I can't afford to miss school. Lasti time I got off of them, I missed an entire presentation and my teacher gave me a 0 even though I had medical proof. I think people think I'm exaggerating sometimes. Everyone has cramps. But I (we) actually become ill. It affects my lifestyle. But I am tired of birth control. I want to get off. I'm concerned about the long term health risks of it, and I'd like to have children some day. I really don't know what to do.

Girl, I always have people telling me "everyone has cramps". I have to explain that everyone does not have chills, vomiting, decreased appetite etc. But, I stopped taking bc pills in November and started taking a Cal-Mag supplement. I actually think it's working. I read about it online, I'm also thinking about getting some primrose supplements. I am trying to survive without the bc, I started that in 2003, got off in 2006 and got back on 2007. I'm hoping the supplements keep working, but if not I may need to get on the Nuvaring [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I do recommend the Cal-Mag supplements because I definitely notice the difference!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th February 2010, 11:23 pm

missmoriah, I totally agree with d.denise and I couldn't have said it better.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 19th February 2010, 11:24 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:

I've had an ultrasound and pelvic exams but they didn't find anything. What other tests could I ask for?

They can do an MRI or a CT scan of your pelvic area/uterus
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 11:38 pm

TerraD wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Girl, I always have people telling me "everyone has cramps". I have to explain that everyone does not have chills, vomiting, decreased appetite etc. But, I stopped taking bc pills in November and started taking a Cal-Mag supplement. I actually think it's working. I read about it online, I'm also thinking about getting some primrose supplements. I am trying to survive without the bc, I started that in 2003, got off in 2006 and got back on 2007. I'm hoping the supplements keep working, but if not I may need to get on the Nuvaring [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I do recommend the Cal-Mag supplements because I definitely notice the difference!

Thanks for that suggestion! I'm willing to try anything at this point. What type of supplements are they? As in what dosage or what brand?

Erica5417 wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:

They can do an MRI or a CT scan of your pelvic area/uterus

Ok, I'll see if someone can check into that. I just pray I haven't done any permanent damage by waiting so long. My biological clock is already tickin! I sure can't afford to have any further setbacks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th February 2010, 11:42 pm

[quote="Juices-n-Berries"][quote="TerraD"]
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Ok, I'll see if someone can check into that. I just pray I haven't done any permanent damage by waiting so long. My biological clock is already tickin! I sure can't afford to have any further setbacks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BIOLOGICAL CLOCK TICKIN???? i had to scroll back and look at ur age...and the age police just came (on my behalf) and shut that down! lol. since we are the same age I can't have you spreadin rumors about "our" biological clock tickin! lmao
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 11:47 pm

[quote="d.denise"][quote="Juices-n-Berries"]
TerraD wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

BIOLOGICAL CLOCK TICKIN???? i had to scroll back and look at ur age...and the age police just came (on my behalf) and shut that down! lol. since we are the same age I can't have you spreadin rumors about "our" biological clock tickin! lmao

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Have u seen all the married folk with kids even younger than us on CN. Girl, we're behind. Lmao
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th February 2010, 11:49 pm

sidenote: all these responses i feel like we may have to move our discussion to the health thread or something...for all those lucky nonsuffering people! lol.

but back to the subject at hand...I never wanted to get on birth control. I didn't even want to get on birth control when my then fiance and I were going to get married and new we needed a more permanent form of birth control. I've never liked the idea of it (I know I'm weird lol) So I have tried to pay attention to the other more natural ways to take care of it....

If I catch it when I first start feeling the cramps (only if I'm at home or not already out and about) I go and do like 100 crunches or go running full sprint and I swear its something about the endorphins or something but it can help. But if you wait too late it can make it worse :-( we are cursed! lol

The urban myth that I have heard is that the harder your cramps the less painful childbirth...can anyone validate this??? that and the fact I never last for more than 3 days is the only silver lining I have in this! lmao
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 19th February 2010, 11:52 pm

I need to quickly stop you both from spreading those rumors. I just turned twenty five less than 2 months ago!!!

Juices, the Cal Mag I take is by Country Life (I bought them on iherb.com). I take two tabs a day which is 1,000mg Calcium and 500mg of both Magnesium and Phosphorus.

Last edited by TerraD on 19th February 2010, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 19th February 2010, 11:53 pm

d.denise wrote:sidenote: all these responses i feel like we may have to move our discussion to the health thread or something...for all those lucky nonsuffering people! lol.

but back to the subject at hand...I never wanted to get on birth control. I didn't even want to get on birth control when my then fiance and I were going to get married and new we needed a more permanent form of birth control. I've never liked the idea of it (I know I'm weird lol) So I have tried to pay attention to the other more natural ways to take care of it....

If I catch it when I first start feeling the cramps (only if I'm at home or not already out and about) I go and do like 100 crunches or go running full sprint and I swear its something about the endorphins or something but it can help. But if you wait too late it can make it worse :-( we are cursed! lol

The urban myth that I have heard is that the harder your cramps the less painful childbirth...can anyone validate this??? that and the fact I never last for more than 3 days is the only silver lining I have in this! lmao

Yea, I never wanted to get on either. My mom almost had a heart attack. I was only in high school and I wasn't sexually active. Another thing I hated was having to explain to people that "Yes, I'm on birth control. No, I'm not having sex" But I digress...

Exercise. Not a fan. But that could be part of the problem too. Because I'm naturally skinny, I live a pretty dormant lifestyle. I'm seriously the most out of shape skinny person you'll ever meet. Like going up the one flight of stairs to my apartment gets me out of breath. Lol. Well I don't think I should really be laughing... but u get the point...

I also heard the same thing about the childbirth. I think maybe it's just that you're so used to having harsh cramps, the childbirth doesn't seem as bad. Maybe?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next