CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts...

+83
hdthomas
CocoEuro
TwistedKurlzz
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
MzLaLaRochelle
LaToya28
brandiitneka
Koily_K-Lo
Yellagirlcurls
FemmeFox
TheRYL1
Hollis
COASTIE
MissCurly
dajewel
Karyn
popsbaby
lena73
MsJay1121
BohoStreet
curlybarbi48
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Tiffy2
MellowOne
TMS
KeetaRay
CurlsGalore
Cherry: extraordinary!
KreyolKatt
Intelligentbeauty
marbar1908
lucky7
ty
Vee
NewlyNina
cdawnlujan
BrownSkinDiva
p_nuttie43
SimplyShainee
truet
TutuKia
*CurlyNikki*
KeishaMac
NylaCoils
jcanalena79
DeNaturelle
Muz
mverde3
NaturalNixon
ChrsLvsBks
BlondeByDesire
HisBeauty
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
neethair
JRoshelle
Tamren
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
missmoriah
AfrikanLatina
KinkyNappyHappy
LuvMeLuvMyFro
NubieNatty
MaameYaa
~JOME~
PanaR3dd
Erica5417
d.denise
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
natural83
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
naturalhonney
TerraD
NikG20
sweetdrk1
splitsun
LadyMika
snappynappy
87 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts... - Page 2 Empty Re: Random Thoughts...

Post by tiashaunteé 16th February 2010, 5:38 pm

Is there a such thing as an "avon lady" for natural hair products and supplies? I'm not talking about $55 for an 8 oz spray....I mean that good affordable stuff.

If there isn't....there should be
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 6:56 pm

LOL @ tia!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 16th February 2010, 8:17 pm

it's a gunman on my campus...smh
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 8:18 pm

Are you serious? Are you ok?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 16th February 2010, 8:25 pm

yeah i'm good...thanks for asking...they cancelled classes for the evening and evacuated but people who dorm are terrified...i'm glad i commute, but im still scared because im on campus everyday! and its on north campus in amherst [the suburbs] & people always try to play south campus [in the city] like its such a bad neigborhood, but it just goes to show things can happen anywhere...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 8:48 pm

That's true, it can totally happen anywhere. I'm glad you're safe though!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 16th February 2010, 9:44 pm

thanks! Smile
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 16th February 2010, 10:32 pm

TerraD wrote:Really? I was on the pill and it made me mega-hormonal and my hair thinned. It was horrible, maybe I will see what my doc says. My cramps are still intense, but I've learned to manage and reduce my activity level around that time. Thanks Tia!

I used to miss school cuz of my cramps too but they never diagnosed me with anything. the first time my bf was home when I started cramping he didn't know WHAT to do he called his mom! lol it's really bad for me...I wont go into details lol. I have to make myself go to sleep if I forget to take meds or forget that its on the way. the silver lining is that i'm regular like clockwork and I can pretty much tell to the hour when my cramps are going to start. if I start taking meds a few days in advance it alleviates some of the pain.

i actually do the opposite as far as reducing activity - if I'm aware I will start working out and even exercising if I feel them coming...dont know why that helps me (endorphins or something??) but my doc recommended it long ago and it def helpls me.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 16th February 2010, 11:01 pm

d.denise wrote:
TerraD wrote:Really? I was on the pill and it made me mega-hormonal and my hair thinned. It was horrible, maybe I will see what my doc says. My cramps are still intense, but I've learned to manage and reduce my activity level around that time. Thanks Tia!

I used to miss school cuz of my cramps too but they never diagnosed me with anything. the first time my bf was home when I started cramping he didn't know WHAT to do he called his mom! lol it's really bad for me...I wont go into details lol. I have to make myself go to sleep if I forget to take meds or forget that its on the way. the silver lining is that i'm regular like clockwork and I can pretty much tell to the hour when my cramps are going to start. if I start taking meds a few days in advance it alleviates some of the pain.

i actually do the opposite as far as reducing activity - if I'm aware I will start working out and even exercising if I feel them coming...dont know why that helps me (endorphins or something??) but my doc recommended it long ago and it def helpls me.

Have you ever had an MRI or CT of your uterus? Not to scare anyone but I dealt with the same thing since I started having a cycle. I thought it was pretty normal so I just took meds. Eventually I had to cancel too many meetings and miss class too often. Long story short, I'm 30 years old and just had a hysterectomy in December after being diagnosed with adenomyosis and fibroids (btw, fibroids have been associated with relaxers. some think that is why Black women are disproportionately affected by fibroids). My point is, don't let the doctors or anyone else convince you that pain is normal. Yes, it is difficult to know I can't have more children (already have 3 thank God) but my life is so much better after the surgery. I can't believe the pain and fatigue I was living with before.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PanaR3dd 16th February 2010, 11:10 pm

wondering y it takes so long to finger coil my hair...oh well guess only half of my head will b done [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 11:30 pm

d.denise wrote:

My doctor recommended exercise as well, but it increases my flow, so I try not to. But mine is also to the T (same time, every month). Once I start, I have about 6 hours before the cramps hit! I too have to start taking pills a few days before. Maybe I will try the exercising, though, especially if it helps.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 11:33 pm

Erica5417 wrote:
Have you ever had an MRI or CT of your uterus? Not to scare anyone but I dealt with the same thing since I started having a cycle. I thought it was pretty normal so I just took meds. Eventually I had to cancel too many meetings and miss class too often. Long story short, I'm 30 years old and just had a hysterectomy in December after being diagnosed with adenomyosis and fibroids (btw, fibroids have been associated with relaxers. some think that is why Black women are disproportionately affected by fibroids). My point is, don't let the doctors or anyone else convince you that pain is normal. Yes, it is difficult to know I can't have more children (already have 3 thank God) but my life is so much better after the surgery. I can't believe the pain and fatigue I was living with before.

Wow. They found a cyst on me before and placed me on bc pills. I hated those! I will definitely be talking to my doctor soon! Thanks Erica, for sharing! I'm glad you're doing much better.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 16th February 2010, 11:36 pm

My mom keeps pestering me about getting a "touch-up". I need get some twists quick!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 17th February 2010, 4:10 am

TerraD wrote:
d.denise wrote:

My doctor recommended exercise as well, but it increases my flow, so I try not to. But mine is also to the T (same time, every month). Once I start, I have about 6 hours before the cramps hit! I too have to start taking pills a few days before. Maybe I will try the exercising, though, especially if it helps.

my cramps come first. no warning :-( lol
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 17th February 2010, 4:12 am

Erica5417 wrote:
d.denise wrote:

I will check into this too thanks. It is only at the onset so I always thought it was normal...my flesh crawls just talking about doctor stuff (im such a weakling! lol)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by MaameYaa 17th February 2010, 1:16 pm

I am absolutely convinced that my 4 month old nephew loves curly hair. Every time he sees me, he smiles...Aawwwwwwwww. His mother (and her boring hair) gets so jealous. lol
MaameYaa
MaameYaa

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 17th February 2010, 5:49 pm

Natural Hair Show for anyone in ATL http://www.naturalhair.org/2010_show/home.html
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th February 2010, 9:54 pm

as far as the horrible cramps...they slowed down for me after i had mason 3 yrs ago, im now on the mirena (since nov 2009) and i dnt have cramps at all, also my cycle went from 4-5 days to maybe 3 the most. i cant do pills cuz i forget so the mirena leaves me to forget it for a good 5 yrs. im takin it out in 2 though!

yes denise, i peeped the hair show and im lookin to make my way down there for it too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 1:36 am

I think I am going to look into some flight info. I would love to attend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 1:54 am

I LOVVVEEEEEEEE WILL DOWNING!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 18th February 2010, 1:22 pm

Hey y'all!!! Inspite of the snow and cold. The sun is shining and I am doing good. I feel like I have the mucus (mucinex commercial) family living in my chest but I am good.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 18th February 2010, 2:39 pm

d.denise wrote:Natural Hair Show for anyone in ATL http://www.naturalhair.org/2010_show/home.html

I want to go but I am attending a different hair show in May in VA. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th February 2010, 6:09 pm

Today I am wearing the southern tease bun....

Male Co-worker: Wow you do have hair!
Me: Yes, I do
Male Co-worker: We were debating whether or not you have hair
Me: Well, I have hair
Male Coworker: You have some nice hair too, it's just that I always see you with a hat on
Me: um thanks
** awkward silence**
Me: (getting back to work) Here is your answer

First, who is WE?!?!?!?
Second, stop talking - just stop.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 18th February 2010, 6:55 pm

So you have an idiot too tia?!?!? UGH! People are S-T-U-P-I-D!

To make a VERY long story short, my sister and I live 1200 miles apart. I was talking to her today telling her I will be flat ironing A's hair soon to take her to get her very first trim. Again, I am really shortening this up, but she said "A is going to be way prettier/gorgeous (yes both) with long straight hair" W-T-F?????? I tried explaining to her why she sounds stupid but she insisted A will be way prettier with long straight hair. Sooooo I went off on her and hung up. Evil or Very Mad
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th February 2010, 6:59 pm

WOW! I would have done the same thing!!

STW, I need some advice for my new niece and I will be sending you a PM soon....so don't be surprised, LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next