CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories!

+27
Erica5417
.nikki.b.
C.
Elasstikwaistlyne
Blackdoll83
kinksncurls
Deva_87
mverde3
Intelligentbeauty
Lilith_Eve
splitsun
bholmes87
CreoleLady88
xoxo
Mrsafro
NewlyNina
BlondeByDesire
Ameenah
newcurlieque
Lynnieluve
CocaColaCutie
Courtney
NubieNatty
sweetdrk1
Miss BL
danycurls
Poundcake921
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories! - Page 2 Empty Re: February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories!

Post by BlondeByDesire 20th February 2010, 6:17 pm

Hello Everybody - I just BC on 2/20. I transitiond for 15 mths 2 weeks. I'm very happy and excited about my new journey.

Here is a little hair history beginning in 2007 until present. I didn't really start caring for my hair until I found hair forums in '07. The only time I would visit the salon was for a cut. Other than that I was DIYer. My signature style was rollersets. I started out at BSL now my longest strand is around neck length.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BIG CHOP

BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories! - Page 2 Empty Re: February BC'ers! Tell Your Stories!

Post by newcurlieque 20th February 2010, 8:15 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay congrats BBD......Pretty!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 20th February 2010, 8:21 pm

Your hair is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S BBD ! CONGRATS !!! dance
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 20th February 2010, 9:26 pm

Thank you --- newcurlieque and mverde3.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 21st February 2010, 2:51 pm

congrats im glad you did it
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 21st February 2010, 3:11 pm

I BC'd yesterday! I took my braids out on friday and decided that I just didn't want to go back through the trouble of re-doing them. I actually just went to a random place in the mall, and asked someone to cut the straight hair off. My husband was shocked because I'm not a spontaneous person AT ALL. I transitioned for a year. When I got home, and deep conditioned I found a whole lot more straight ends, and cut another couple inches off to get rid of them. I think I have about 3 to 4 inches of hair right now. It's super thick.

Now I'm really lost as to what to do with it. I tried doing twists last night, but once my hair shrinks I'm left with about an inch of hair and it just doesn't look quite right (twisted). My hair is really dense, and thick, so I'm lost right now as to what to do with it. I've been looking at blogs to find ppl with similar texture hair as mine (that's also short like mine) to figure out what to do with it, but no such luck. At least I let go of the straight hair finally
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 21st February 2010, 3:53 pm

@blondbydesire - that takes alot of guts to cut all of your hair off like that....i'm not going to lie...I was shocked when you cut all of that length off...but the end result is wonderful!! CONGRATS!

@kinkscurls - I have very thick (and I mean thick!!!) and coarse hair as well....the products I use that make my curls pop and really moisturize my haire are:

1. S-Curl Gel and Activator Spray (wash-n-gos)
2. Qhemet Biologics Olive and Honey Balm (twist-outs, flat twists, bantu knots)
3. Qhemet Biologics Amla Heavy Cream
4. Jamaican Black Castor Oil (makes my hair feel like cotton!...so soft!))
5. Elasta Qp mango butter (another moisturizer)

Items 1 & 2 contain vegetable glycerin hence the reason why they may the hair soft, shiny, and reduces frizz...

As for leave-in conditioners I am trying this product called Mega Protectiv which leaves hair soft and manageable.

Instead of washing out my deep condition mix the same day, I leave it in overnite and then wssh it out in the morning...it really does mane a difference and that hair doesnt dry out as much....HTH!

But keep in mind, it's true what they say you have to find the right balance of products that work for your hair....don't worry you will have plenty of time to figure it out!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 21st February 2010, 6:08 pm

Congrats BBD- Your hair looks so full and great!!
I bc'd on 2/1/10. I think that since it was the first day of "black history month" and i had an appt to get a wash and roller set- it was fitting for me to just chop it off instead. Oh man did I feel liberated and proud on 2/1/10!! My experience for the past few weeks has been great. I notice on a lot of natural hair blogs and such some of the other naturals say things like they become "invisible" to guys after they do their big chop or no one tries to talk to them- so i was kind of perparing myself for that. I just got out of a very serious 5 year relationship a couple months ago so i told myself "basically thats even better if no one is interested because I am not eveen tryna to hear no man right now anyway"lol. Ironically enough with that attitude going in - it has had the opposite effect and so many men call me beautiful and just seem to be drawn to me. So needless to say- these three weeks have been a very positive experience and I would do it again ina heartbeat! Even friends and family that i thought would be negative about it- have pretty much been verry positive. I mean u do get some people that are just going to stare at you when you are out and u have no idea what they are thinking but i look at it like this - ppl been staring before and i payed it no mind so y should i care now right? Congrats to all the ladies that BC'ed already and good luck to those that will - you all are beautiful!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st February 2010, 8:29 pm

Thanks - Blackdoll83

Congratuations to you as well ....
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 22nd February 2010, 5:39 pm

congrats BBD, ur hair looks beautiful!
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by Elasstikwaistlyne 28th February 2010, 7:23 am

I BC'd on February 5th 2010. I didn't real have much of a choice but to cut my hair since after the last relaxer I had my hair just started to fall out. My hair transitioned for about a month and 3 weeks...if that's even considered a transition and then I cut it to match where the hair had completely broken off...which was very low but not as low as I thought it would be. I cried in the barber shop, I cried when I got home, and for some strange reason three weeks later my eyes keep leaking...LOL!
It's a weird feeling and just yesterday I caught myself mean mugging a little girl for staring at me....I mean come on I'm grown and she was just a child. I was confident last week but I am steadily back sliding. Its wonderful getting the support from all the ladies on here and watching their journeys but its difficult when your home circle is supportive one day and completely non-existant the next. Guess that's all part of the journey.

Pics below
1st relaxed hair that went ooohhh so wrong
2nd My BC
3rd pic Hair after 3 weeks

Last edited by Elasstikwaistlyne on 28th February 2010, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding pictures)
Elasstikwaistlyne
Elasstikwaistlyne

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 3:02 pm

simply beautiful ladies!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 28th February 2010, 5:29 pm

Congrats to all the February BCer's I was almost one until i realized that the hair at my temples is not the same length as the rest of my hair*sigh* so ima just wear it another month or so, but in the mean time i am really enjoying the natural hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Sweetdrk1- how is your hair in your avatar. is it a straw set? ( i have been wanting to try one because it looks like a style i could wear to my interview on thursday)

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by .nikki.b. 28th February 2010, 6:29 pm

I BC'd 02.20.10. I had transitioned for about 7 months. I decided to BC because my hair became very difficult to tame or atleast make look presentable.
I was extremely shocked to see myself with almost no hair... maybe a little freaked out!
At first I was a little uncomfortable, but as the days go on it's really starting to grow on me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
.nikki.b.
.nikki.b.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shanikque-Brand/575929029

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 28th February 2010, 7:16 pm

.nikki.b. wrote:I BC'd 02.20.10. I had transitioned for about 7 months. I decided to BC because my hair became very difficult to tame or atleast make look presentable.
I was extremely shocked to see myself with almost no hair... maybe a little freaked out!
At first I was a little uncomfortable, but as the days go on it's really starting to grow on me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your hair looks great. Love the cut on you. Wish I had done the BC at 19! Good for you. Welcome to the natural world dance
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 9:15 pm

Kinda_Curly_Cassie09 wrote:Congrats to all the February BCer's I was almost one until i realized that the hair at my temples is not the same length as the rest of my hair*sigh* so ima just wear it another month or so, but in the mean time i am really enjoying the natural hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Sweetdrk1- how is your hair in your avatar. is it a straw set? ( i have been wanting to try one because it looks like a style i could wear to my interview on thursday)

I hope this works for you. I am sorry I didn't see this until now obviously. Good luck with the interview!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 28th February 2010, 9:16 pm

thanx SweetDrk1, I think you are officially my hair idol..lol. if i can find the straw set things I'll post a pic for you

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th February 2010, 9:20 pm

oh please do...I will be thinking about you and sending good vibes your way for your interview.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 28th February 2010, 9:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] thanks

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by MomnWife 28th February 2010, 10:31 pm

I did my BC on February 23rd. I let my balding white husband cut if for me...LOL

I did my last relaxer in November. I have always hidden under wigs and hair pieces. I have never liked my hair, so I always just bought something that I did like.

I didn't know how to take care of my hair and I still don't. Long story short, I saw and ad for Diva Smooth in another hair forum. I thought that it was so cool and I can have the best of both worlds. I started reading and watching Youtube and saw what everyone else was doing which made me realize that I didn't have to buy the Diva Smooth in order to do it.

I continued to braid my hair and condition it while wearing wigs.

Last week I twisted my hair instead of braiding it. I took it out and took the kids to the circus. I figured that there was no better place to look like a clown...LOL Well, I liked everything about the style except for the stringy ends.

The original plan was to just do a little chop, but after my husband started cutting the shorter stringy ends looked even more ridiculous, so I told him to take it all off.

Now, I can walk around being me and not what I think that I should look like.

I'm still not sure I am doing my hair right, but I'm still learning. I need everything spelled out for me. I apologize in advance for all of the questions.
MomnWife
MomnWife

http://www.youravon.com/dsumner

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 28th February 2010, 11:29 pm

My last relaxer was in October 2009. I BC'd today but it almost didn't happen. Most of the places open on Sunday were completely booked. I let my husband talk me into trying the salon inside of the Wal-Mart. The stylist's weave was a hot mess but I looked past that and thought that maybe she'd just been to busy to take care of herself. But when she pulled out the clippers and refused to wet my hair first and then caught an attitude with me when I questioned the need for clippers I had to raise up out of there. My last option was the Visible Changes in the mall. My husband spotted a lady with natural hair at the counter (I thought she might be a customer but she was a stylist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). She took me right them and hooked me up.

Age 5

2001 or 2002

2007 - eventually ended up with BSL hair which was more trouble than it was worth

Sept 2009

Transition (Nov 09-Feb10)
Flatironed

Twistout

Roller set

BC
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by Ameenah 1st March 2010, 9:40 am

3rdTimeAround wrote:My last relaxer was in October 2009. I BC'd today but it almost didn't happen. Most of the places open on Sunday were completely booked. I let my husband talk me into trying the salon inside of the Wal-Mart. The stylist's weave was a hot mess but I looked past that and thought that maybe she'd just been to busy to take care of herself. But when she pulled out the clippers and refused to wet my hair first and then caught an attitude with me when I questioned the need for clippers I had to raise up out of there. My last option was the Visible Changes in the mall. My husband spotted a lady with natural hair at the counter (I thought she might be a customer but she was a stylist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). She took me right them and hooked me up.

Age 5

2001 or 2002

2007 - eventually ended up with BSL hair which was more trouble than it was worth

Sept 2009

Transition (Nov 09-Feb10)
Flatironed

Twistout

Roller set

BC

Your hair looks super cute Congrats on your BC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2010, 10:59 am

Elasstikwaistlyne wrote:

.nikki.b. wrote:

3rdTimeAround wrote:

Congratulations ladies!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2010, 12:43 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
Elasstikwaistlyne wrote:

.nikki.b. wrote:

3rdTimeAround wrote:

Congratulations ladies!!!
You all look Stunning!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 1st March 2010, 9:36 pm

Hi everybody! Aww, you're all so pretty. I Big Chopped yesterday (ha! just made it in February) after transitioning for exactly 7 months. I wanted to keep it going for a while longer but there weren't enough ends to cling to anymore. Seriously, it was like Greek mythology where the old ruling power of the Olympians (relaxed hair) fell to the might and strength (and thickness)of the Titans (natural hair).
The same woman who hot-combed, creamed and helped me through the change was the one that cut it. I thought she'd at least contemplate it before she really started but she kind of just dove in there and started cutting, I didn't have time to feel bothered by it. It was great because until now I didn;t know I could like my head so much or knew that my hair was more red brown than anything.
I've never felt so much breeze on my head at one time, so I'm really enjoying myself right now.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next