CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something that will hold down but not make hard

+10
freckledmom4
justicenga
Ebbz
summabrown
Born2BeMe
LaToya28
krenea
Divinebeauty87
Sunshinecurls
Xiuemiko
14 posters

Go down

Something that will hold down but not make hard Empty Something that will hold down but not make hard

Post by Xiuemiko 17th February 2010, 8:48 pm

Hey Everyone!!! I am in my low bun phase. Currently I use Fantasia IC but it makes my hair stiff as a board. Does anyone know of any products that will hold down 4a hair without making it so stiff?

Xiuemiko

Back to top Go down

Something that will hold down but not make hard Empty Re: Something that will hold down but not make hard

Post by Sunshinecurls 17th February 2010, 10:08 pm

Have you tried the Afroveda Pur Whipped Jelly? This is what I use to do my puffs
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Something that will hold down but not make hard Empty Re: Something that will hold down but not make hard

Post by Divinebeauty87 18th February 2010, 12:49 am

I have 4a/b hair and I use Curl Junkie's Aloe Fix Gel. It holds down my hair in a bun without making it too stiff. Love it! I'm thinking of trying the Afroveda PUR Whipped Jelly too.
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiuemiko 18th February 2010, 12:19 pm

Thanks you guys. Are there any stores I could buy these from?

Xiuemiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshinecurls 18th February 2010, 3:11 pm

You can only order the Afroveda product online.
Sunshinecurls
Sunshinecurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiuemiko 18th February 2010, 3:19 pm

Ok I just looked on Walmart,Walgreens and Ulta.com to see if mayne I could have them place it to the side. No luck. SHUCKS!!! I'll have to wait for it in the mail.

Xiuemiko

Back to top Go down

Post by Xiuemiko 18th February 2010, 3:20 pm

*maybe

Xiuemiko

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 18th February 2010, 9:21 pm

Butters n Bars has a new gel that is AWESOME. It's light, non-sticky, holds well, and smells yummy!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th June 2010, 6:09 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread...I need a good holding product for twists. Any recommedations??

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 8th June 2010, 6:45 pm

I find the Afro Veda Pur whipped gelly makes my hair a bit hard. It's not as hard as regular gels but it's hard. I tried Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter and it's less than the Afroveda. I think it's the aloe vera that's making my hair hard bc aloe vera does contain some protein n i'm thinking my hair is not liking protein. I plan to try hairveda's almond glaze.

@Latoya...I need a good holding product for my twists too. So far the only thing that has produced any results for me is Oyin Shine and Define. I just can't stand waiting for the product and I think they're a expensive $11 for 4oz...sheesh.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by summabrown 8th June 2010, 8:09 pm

hmm i know for me the 100% aloe from b-n-b and my hair don't get along it makes it hard and im not a chemist but even when i tried mixing my hair does not like them. but i noticed that the oyin shine and define has aloe and my hair loved it so im guessing that products that contain aloe they are made by someone who knows what they are doing works for my hair but i guess i will know for sure when i try the pur whipped gelly by afroveda that im getting from a product swap [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 8th June 2010, 8:14 pm

LaToya28 wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread...I need a good holding product for twists. Any recommedations??

I heard ORS Lock and Twist Gel was good for twists. I've never used it but I've read alot of good reviews on it.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 8th June 2010, 8:31 pm

I use afroveda totally twisted for my twists
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 8th June 2010, 10:07 pm

@justicenga....is that a twistout in your avatar pic? If so, it is rly awesome. And this is from the afroveda?

@Ebbz...i think i'm going to try that ORS lock and twist gel. It's relatively cheap and can be found anywhere. I so need something for hold/definition.
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th June 2010, 10:26 pm

Ebbz wrote:
LaToya28 wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread...I need a good holding product for twists. Any recommedations??

I heard ORS Lock and Twist Gel was good for twists. I've never used it but I've read alot of good reviews on it.

Darn! I had this gel a few months ago but got rid of it. It's not too expensive though. Thanks for the suggestion.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th June 2010, 10:29 pm

Born2BeMe wrote:I find the Afro Veda Pur whipped gelly makes my hair a bit hard. It's not as hard as regular gels but it's hard. I tried Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter and it's less than the Afroveda. I think it's the aloe vera that's making my hair hard bc aloe vera does contain some protein n i'm thinking my hair is not liking protein. I plan to try hairveda's almond glaze.

@Latoya...I need a good holding product for my twists too. So far the only thing that has produced any results for me is Oyin Shine and Define. I just can't stand waiting for the product and I think they're a expensive $11 for 4oz...sheesh.

That is pretty expensive and I hear their wait time is ridiculous! Curlmart is much quicker though. I actually liked the Bee Hold curly butter, but I only had a sample. I may order the full size...but only if I can get that baby powder scent [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th June 2010, 10:40 pm

I put a little shea butter or mimosa hair honey (CD) under my i c gel and that keeps it from getting stiff on me. HTH
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th June 2010, 11:18 pm

I like using Koils by Nature (KbN) butter and gel. Another good mix is Eco Styler gel with oils--called Eco Custard--hold plus moisture just like the KbN combo.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th June 2010, 11:28 pm

Which of the KBN butters and gel do you use Chrs? I really want to try the Peppermint gel and one of the butters. I also need to whip up some of the Ecocustard since it's so simple.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 10th June 2010, 2:49 pm

you can use flaxseed gel(natural) or whipped shea butter(i sometimes mix a little flaxseed gel in my whiped shea butter)
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 10th June 2010, 2:50 pm

aloe vera gel
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th June 2010, 4:58 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Which of the KBN butters and gel do you use Chrs? I really want to try the Peppermint gel and one of the butters. I also need to whip up some of the Ecocustard since it's so simple.
I used the sweet almond joy and peppermint.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalnat 17th June 2010, 8:35 pm

I like the Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly. I do, however, put some shea butter on my hair before I apply the gel.
naturalnat
naturalnat

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 19th June 2010, 9:55 pm

avg mixed with shea butter ...yummy!!!!
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down