CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wash and Go's

+2
Courtney
KeetaRay
6 posters

Go down

Wash and Go's Empty Wash and Go's

Post by KeetaRay 14th February 2010, 11:16 pm

Hi Everyone!

So I usually do twist outs (and I LOVE THEM), but I've experimented occasionally with Wash and Go's when it was warmer out. However, I've never perfected it. Either my curls are defined but they're hard/crunchy, or they get frizzy. My hair texture confuses me. I have a range of 3c-4b hairs on my head. The back is coily, the middle and front have more of an "S" curl pattern, and the sides/temples have a kinkier texture. I've tried Kinky Curly Curling Custard and on another occasion Eco Styler gel.

My question is, what techniques do any of you with similar hair textures use to get your desired wash and go look? How do you apply it and what products do you use? Should I apply my products while my hair is soaking wet, or when it's damp? I need your help... Please.
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Wash and Go's Empty Re: Wash and Go's

Post by Courtney 14th February 2010, 11:32 pm

Excellent question...
I will be watching this thread.
Smile
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiralos 15th February 2010, 8:50 pm

Hello!
@KeetaRay,
With my 4a-4b hair, I start off with a co-wash and finger detangling to get hair into place. Then, as hair is soaking wet, I take a towel (or some naturals use a T-shirt) and tie the hair down to soak up extra moisture and to allow the hair to clump together. After about ten minutes, or about the time it takes for me to get ready to go, I take the towel off, spray some leave-in conditioner in, and just give my hair a couple of shakes. Because it’s first day hair, I expect some shrinkage as it dries throughout the day. For the night routine, I use a scarf to tie down and bundle up my fro, bun-style. The next day, my hair is a little more stretched, fluffy, and defined. I spray on some leave- in conditioner and go! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think W&Gs are so fun to wear (preferably in the summer), but I find that the hair can get pretty tangled, so work in some strict detangling days, too. I hope this can help!
Spiralos
Spiralos

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th February 2010, 9:37 pm

Hi,

check out my hair forum. I have been successful at keeping a WnG for a full week. I use BH MM conditioner to style or KCCC. I get more definition with the KCCC but I love both results. I use my fingers to detangle and then I shingle. I have struggled with the KCCC but the last time (a few weeks ago) it was just the right amount. MahoganyCurls on YT does a great WnG. My nightly routine is quite simple. I sleep in a bonnet. In the morning I spritz with my water bottle..shake and go. I am sure someone else will chime in. good luck
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 15th February 2010, 10:23 pm

@Spiralos Thank you for your response! I will try this, I think they call that the "plopping" method? If so, I am familiar. I hate when my hair is dripping wet and I have to leave, so that's a good solution.

@Sweetdrk1 - Thanks! I love KCCC but maybe I am using too much b/c even though I like the definition that I get, my hair dries very hard and has no movement. I guess I have to keep experimenting w/the right amounts. I will check out your forum, as well. Smile
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiralos 16th February 2010, 3:44 pm

You're welcome! Actually, since yesterday Curly Chronicles on her YouTube channel just did a video on the plopping method, too. It will give you a visual of the process. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Spiralos
Spiralos

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 16th February 2010, 4:00 pm

Oh great! I sub to her channel, so I'll definitely check that out when I get home tonight! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th February 2010, 4:27 pm

Love the new Avatar Keeta
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 16th February 2010, 4:32 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the new Avatar Keeta

Thank you very much!! Smile I did a bantu knot out on straightened hair! Turns out I didn't like the "straight" look. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

Back to top Go down

Post by D.I.V.A. Miss 23rd March 2010, 1:37 am

Hi Sweetdrk,

What is BH MM?
D.I.V.A. Miss
D.I.V.A. Miss

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd March 2010, 10:47 am

Hi DIVA,

that stands for Bed head Moisture Maniac, I love this conditioner. It has a cone, but the not SO bad one!

Update: I am using the accordian technique with my wash n go. Check MahoganyCurls Vid on YT. I love the clumping I get with this technique. I didn't initially, but I love it now.

I went to the Baltimore expo and so many curlies stopped me to ask what I did to my hair I was all proud. LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 23rd March 2010, 9:29 pm

I wet my hair everyday just cause I can. I just shower as usual and when I'm done (I finger detangle in the shower also), apply conditioner (like quarter size), run my hands through my hair and either let it air dry, sit close to a fan or get an old t-shirt and use it to soak up the water (sometimes i do this when the conditioner has dried a bit). I spritz my hair with coconut oil and water. That's it.

I usually use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration or Hair Rules Conditioner. I get the best effects with Hair Rules but it's too expensive to indulge in frequently so I use the HE on most occasions.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down