CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yearly haircare routine

2 posters

Go down

Yearly haircare routine Empty Yearly haircare routine

Post by chocolate-kinks 14th February 2010, 5:12 am

So okay I need a little help on my hair care reg. The summer is coming up and I wanted to learn the best way to care for my hair. When doing my BC I used lots of gels to refine my curls. My hair grew a lot, but my hair has changed a lot from since then. I love gel, but it is extremely drying. I honestly think it has even stunted some of my hair growth. Even through the winter months instead of moisturizing my hair and taking good care of it, I constantly added gel. It made my hair look great, but I began noticing that it had not been growing regularly. Now that I am going on 10 months natural, I think its about time I really take the time to learn more about caring for my hair and coming up with a great routine (I know I should have done this earlier). I was wondering if you guys could post up your yearly haircare routine (warmer months and colder months). With your help I may be able to retain more length for the new year. I would def appreciate it ladies Smile. Thanks.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Yearly haircare routine Empty Re: Yearly haircare routine

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th February 2010, 9:12 am

Hi chocolate-kinks

Not sure what your length is like at this point, but there is a forum where you can ask some of the curly girls on this site questions concerning your hair.

I've only been natural for about 3 1/2 months, and I can only tell you that no matter what the season the key to growth is a regiment, which should include products that add moisture. You may have to experiment to find out what works best for your hair; (summer products may differ from what your hair requires in the winter) however, I've learned that you must stick to your regiment.

One thing I learned is...I had to stop shampooing my hair so much. As of today's date I going on 3 weeks without shampooing. Now I am co-washing weekly...and I make sure to deep conditioner every week. I use EVCO under what ever d/c treatment product I'm using. (this works for me)

Gel.....yeah you are going to have to find some other styling agent, because gel can be very drying. I've noticed that my edges were growing back, and now I see the growth is at a stand still...so I'm not using gel on my edges anymore. That is going to be hard for me, because love to where my hair in a puff. (my signature style) However, I don't want to do anything that is going to hinder hair growth anywhere on my head.

I hope the few little tips I've provided can be of some help, but I would highly recommend that you look at the forum where there are veteran curlies that can provided more in depth advice.

Good Luck!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 14th February 2010, 5:20 pm

Thanks I really appreciate that. How long did you transition for? you hair looks long from your avatar.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th February 2010, 10:53 pm

My last perm was May 14, 2009 and I transitioned for 5 1/2 months before my b/c. It was not planned...but that's okay. I transitioned with braids for about 3 of the 5 1/2 months.

My hair is about 3 inches long in the front and the sides and back is about 3/12 inches long.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 14th February 2010, 11:51 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:My last perm was May 14, 2009 and I transitioned for 5 1/2 months before my b/c. It was not planned...but that's okay. I transitioned with braids for about 3 of the 5 1/2 months.

My hair is about 3 inches long in the front and the sides and back is about 3/12 inches long.

Oh okay, thats awesome. So in your avatar, is that all your natural hair?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down