CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROUTINE??

4 posters

Go down

ROUTINE?? Empty ROUTINE??

Post by MS. FAJA 4th December 2010, 11:20 pm

I BC'D IN AUGUST AND EVEN THOUGH IT'S FILLED IN A WHOOOOOOOLE LOT I FEEL LIKE MY HAIR SHOULD BE LONGER MY NOW. IM WONDERING IF IT'S MY ROUTINE. I WASH N GO SO THAT MEANS I COWASH EVERYDAY WITH AUSSIE MOIST CONDITONER FOLLOWED MY SHEA MOISTURE DT. I SCRUNCH THAT INTO MY HAIR THEN PUT ON A SHOWER CAP. AFTER THAT I JUST SPRAY WITH SHEA MOISTURE HOLD MIST AND LEAVE IT BE TILL THE NEXT DAY. I DNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CURLS I LOVE THEM IM JUS WONDERING IF I SHOULD BE PUTTING MORE IN MY HAIR TO GET IT TO GROW. MY HAIR HAS GOTTEN A LOT THICKER AND HAS BEEN GROWING ITS JUST SLLOOOOWWWW. SUGGESTIONS????
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

ROUTINE?? Empty Re: ROUTINE??

Post by SummerSkye 4th December 2010, 11:51 pm

Have you done official length checks and taken pictures. If you wear your hair in a shrunken state most of the time, you aren't likely to see growth very quickly just by looking.

I'd suggest taking pictures and actually measuring your hair to get yourself some evidence!
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 5th December 2010, 2:01 am

Hi Ms. Faja. Some people will say that you may be messing with it TOO much. Maybe don't co wash EVERY day. Maybe try every OTHER day. I just feel like that is too much manipulation and product especially everyday. Have you tried to do 2nd and even 3rd day hair?? Instead of cowashing, when you wake up in the morning just refresh with a spritz of just water or aloe juice. You still have product in your hair from the day before and the spritz will just revive it.

And according to whoever, our hair grows at an AVERAGE of 6 inches a year. So you have 1/3 of that year covered so that's about 1/2 an inch a month. Do what SummerSkye suggested and take measurements. IF you're within that avg of 6"/yr your hair should be around 2" longer than when you BCd. BUT it may be less, may be more. Be patient. I know it
is annoying waiting for growth but before you know it you'll have a head full of thick hair!!!

Hope this helps. afro
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th December 2010, 2:06 am

Hey I BCed in Auguest as well celebrated 4 months post BC yesterday!!..around my 2nd month post BC I had to throw out wash n go's!! my hair was wayyy too thick and need too much gel for definition and frizz prevention soooo thats when i started doing twist outs..now im addicted to twist out..my twist aren't long enough to wear as a style so I usually cover them with a beanie until im ready to wear my twist outs..

twist out shows all my length too..im at about 2 inches now maybe 3 (I think) and when i did wash n go's it still looked like I BC (shrinkage aint no joke)

here's my twist out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dry twist out show even more of your legnth
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

see twist out shows a lot of lengths
Hope I helped
Very Happy
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MS. FAJA 5th December 2010, 11:32 pm

@ rayray19: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! ur hair is sooo nice n yes it does look long. my hair isnt thick its fine and some of it is loose curls but i will have to try this for church nxt sunday!

@ summerskye: it maybe that all i ever see is the shrinkage i never thought abt that before

@ misskris: my hair is flat as a pancake when i get up in the morning and i have been thinking of just getting a spray bottle to wake up in the am i just keep forgetting to get one when i go to target,lol. i do think that wash n gos everyday are getting to be a bit much.

i'll keep at it and try not to play in it too much and see how it goes.
THANK YOU GUYS~
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down