CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How'd you find CN.com?

+62
tshala
KDiva430
MsChris8
hippychic
TruNatural
HappigocurliJenn
cutephantasm
smartblackchic
AgirlnamedAndy
Melodic.Patience
NikE
Pinkrage
crustaceans
naturallytexan
zanajh
Tightcurls MLA
Lynnieluve
KreyolKatt
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
back2nap1120
MrsLambsWool
naturallydestined
NubieNatty
TaSiaJaY
LovelyCurls
Char82
StacyB
mojitochica
NikG20
rebelrocks
brittany_smiley
jamaicacurl
Tiffy2
truet
raina
FemmeNaturale
splitsun
mrsrenaissance
Iomer
tamtam7
elleeccentric
CocaColaCutie
Dricka
d.denise
mykelmarie
nappibutterfli
gammainme
labon10
satindoll
Marche'
Jonezy
hayylee
herlucidsKy
oooop2
NaturalNurse04
RandRlove
tiashaunteé
cinnamoncurlz
loveself247
Pi*Jay
*CurlyNikki*
66 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How'd you find CN.com? Empty How'd you find CN.com?

Post by *CurlyNikki* 4th November 2009, 6:00 pm

Just curious?!
Were you referred from another natural? Did you stumble upon it online after a search, or find my link on another site?

What would you like to see more of? What would make the site better?
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

How'd you find CN.com? Empty Re: How'd you find CN.com?

Post by Pi*Jay 4th November 2009, 6:40 pm

My aunt, who is currently transitioning, referred me to your site and naturallycurly.com. She was really excited about the site and the journey to become natural, and she recommended I join her. I havent been natural since the age of around 6, and I used to think natural meant 70s afro puffs... and I didnt really want that. So I decided to check out her new addiction and was hooked myself. I never realize how versatile natural her is! I've never been a conformist so I decided to give it a try after glueing myself to your site for like 4 hours straight! I've been transitioning for 3 months since then! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really like the Naturally Glam Hair Idol spotlights and the product reviews. The NGHI spotlights are great inspiration and the product reviews help guide my inner PJism [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would love to see a bit more info in the transitioning tab- do's and dont's to maintain growth, scalp treatments (cause the perm has really damaged my scalp), twa styles, BC stories, etc.

Love the site CN. It helped start my natural engine! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 4th November 2009, 6:46 pm

Nikki I was on Youtube researching the techniques for applying eyeshadow and something else when I came across women with natural hair who spoke of your site like "ItsMsHeatherNicole" (your online bff) and "Curlychronicles". That was over two weeks ago and I was so inspired to rethink what I had done to my hair and why. But when I viewed your site and read your story and saw your hair, I knew what I had to do. I tell everyone about your site, both Natural and Relaxed women. I spend hours on your site EVERY DAY!!!!! It is definitely a place for acquiring hair techniques, hair product reviews, comfort, hope, inspiration, networking, friendships, a place where we women can come together and literally let out hair down (our NATURAL hair down) while finding our NEW & IMPROVED SELF!

As far as what I would like to see more of:

1. More women like myself who are just transitioning (their pics and stories)
2. Ways we newbies can style our hair without resorting to weaves, wigs and braids which I refused to surrender to. Braids were too uncomfortable & too tight and I have never been bold enough to rock wigs or weaves.
3. Products, products and more products that women like myself transitioning with natural and relaxed hair should be using.

As far as what would make the site better:

1. Just keep extending the overwhelming support and resources that you already do Nikki.

THANK YOU!!!!!!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by cinnamoncurlz 4th November 2009, 11:09 pm

I was referred by a friend in one of my homeschooling groups that has natural hair. I was transitioning and was totally lost. I'd like to hear more about accessories or TWA's. I see more 4a,b,c info. That is greatly appreciated.
cinnamoncurlz
cinnamoncurlz

http://cinnamoncurlz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th November 2009, 12:05 am

Google....
I like to do the image search for hairstyle inspirations and when your pic came up I had to investigate....and here I am.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RandRlove 5th November 2009, 12:07 am

The day I decided to transition to natural I googled "natural hair blogs" Curlynikki.com was one of the results.

RandRlove

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNurse04 5th November 2009, 12:09 am

I was persuaded to check out your blog by the lovely ladies of naturallycurly.com. I think that you do an awesome job!
NaturalNurse04
NaturalNurse04

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 5th November 2009, 12:40 am

I learned about it from you when you wanted to feature me as a natural glam almost a year ago. Before that, I had no clue your blog existed. And I am SO THANKFUL you contacted me. I LOVE your blog and have learned so much since joining. And I am beyond excited about your forum!!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by herlucidsKy 5th November 2009, 3:12 am

while researching i came across some youtube vids... Autumn is her name...she spoke highly of this site...
CN.com is already freaking awesome but if possible I would like to see more topics on the science of hair and how the ingredients actually affect the hair strands things like ph levels, natural relaxers? hair myths etc...I think its about time we really understand our hair from the inside and out, literally. Lets see if science can help us brake it down bit by bit.
If i think of anything else i'll let you know.
herlucidsKy
herlucidsKy

http://members.fotki.com/galacticdust/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by hayylee 5th November 2009, 3:30 am

I found this web site about a year ago. I was researching transitioning and was browsing different website and came cross CURLYNIKKI and I've been in love ever since!!! I love you
hayylee
hayylee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonezy 5th November 2009, 3:48 am

About 9+ months ago I was google searching help for "split ends natural hair" and came across your posts about you t-n-c's and how they helped with your splitting ends/knots.

No suggestions or ideas on what I'd like to see more of right now. Everything on CN is pretty great! Smile
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 5th November 2009, 4:31 am

Watching a vid by ItsMsHeatherNicole on YT a few weeks ago. This is the first blog I have actively participated in. Your site is wonderful.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 5th November 2009, 10:40 am

Thank you ladies for the feedback and kind words!!!!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by satindoll 5th November 2009, 2:09 pm

I was on Nappturality and you were on a thread. You were giving advice about henna, and you mentioned your blog. I clicked on the link and was hooked ever since! I always admired your hair and great advice.
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 5th November 2009, 3:12 pm

just doing research online and guess who popped?? I'm loving it!!

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 5th November 2009, 7:50 pm

I stumbled upon it like a year ago and have to say its only the site i lurked religiously:) keep up w/ the different hair types! dont have any critiques right now...sorry!
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by nappibutterfli 5th November 2009, 8:12 pm

I googled "natural hair tips" and somewhere within the search ur blog came up. I am honestly addicted to CN.com. I have it saved in my blackberry favorites....LOL sad I know
nappibutterfli
nappibutterfli

Back to top Go down

How'd you find CN.com? Empty My Beautiful Sister!

Post by mykelmarie 5th November 2009, 8:25 pm

I love my sister for always looking out for me and telling me about your site was just her being big sis. We live in different states and I'm always calling her for help. LOVE LOVE LOVE CN.com!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mykelmarie
mykelmarie

http://www.myspace.com/mykelmarie

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 5th November 2009, 8:54 pm

I was on brownandbridal.com and one of the posts was about someone who was really fed up with the transitioning process and was about to give in to relaxing again. And one of the posters recommended your site.... I just realized I haven't been back on brownandbridal since that day lol! This site is so addictive! In a good way of course...

I can't think of anything to change! Well I guess you could do a give-a-way every single day to curb my PJism lol but I'm sure you would if you could. The site is GREAT!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 5th November 2009, 9:02 pm

I was looking for more ideas on what to do with my hair and Jonezy told me how much she enjoyed your site, and I have been hooked ever since! I can't think of anything I would like to see.
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 5th November 2009, 11:12 pm

It was some sort of google search I think. I was probably trying to figure out how to make my twist outs look like I'd actually done something to my hair.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 6th November 2009, 8:19 pm

I learned of your site through fellow naturals on fotki. EVERYONE was raving about it so I had to come check it out for myself; been hooked ever since. I even got my bestfriend who's a nappy-newbie into your blog. =)
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 6th November 2009, 8:56 pm

Hello fellow natural sisters! I'm new to this site. I found out about you through the African American Weddings Board on The Knot.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 6th November 2009, 10:55 pm

I was bored one day and while looking through all blog bookmarks on my web browser I was looking through Wes' blog http://www.honeybrownsugar.com/ and I came across a link to curlynikki.com and started reading and havent't stopped since.
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 7th November 2009, 12:26 am

i heard about you from 3 different people. 1 girl (who was in the process of transitioning) i met one day in a hair salon in nc, then 2 of my old college classmates who are natural referred me to your site when i asked them about their hair (1 lives in tx, the other in dc). i was like, i have got to check her out! so glad i did, now i'm logging on literally every day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next