CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to the pj's: please help me find a product

5 posters

Go down

to the pj's: please help me find a product Empty to the pj's: please help me find a product

Post by HappyCurly 21st June 2010, 8:20 pm

I really want to find a mouse or styling product to help me 'set' different styles so they last for a week, including roller sets, twist outs and wash and goes. Can anyone suggest a concoction or product?

requirements:
no mineral oil, sulfates, cones,

desires: water as a high ingredient, not make my hair too hard, can help me not have to re-twist or re-wet my hair every day.

I'm hoping it will be as natural as possible.

I'm also hoping it doesn't involve glycerin since it's not always humid. I don't want to coat my hair with something that dries it out or attracts dirt. I don't usually leave anything in my hair except a light oil, and sometimes not even that. So leaving something in my hair is new, but might be necessary for a work free summer.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

to the pj's: please help me find a product Empty Re: to the pj's: please help me find a product

Post by curlista 21st June 2010, 10:01 pm

I've never used it but I've heard a lot of good things about Jane Carter Solution Wrap & Roll. Many naturals like it because it's a natural alternative to other styling mousses. Here's a link:http://www.curlmart.com/-Jane-Carter-Solution-Wrap--Roll-p-548.html. The only ingredient that isn't natural is the phenoxyethanol but it's just a mild preservative.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

to the pj's: please help me find a product Empty Re: to the pj's: please help me find a product

Post by Lynnieluve 21st June 2010, 10:09 pm

I was thinking Jane Carter Wrap n Roll too. They sell it at Target. I've never used it either.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 21st June 2010, 10:14 pm

thanks for the ideas! are there any other gels/mousses that i should try? what do you all use?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st June 2010, 10:24 pm

I only use gel for my puff....to slick back my edges...Eco styler

For my twist/twist outs, I use butters.

I dont have a use for mousse.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st June 2010, 10:48 pm

I've used Jane Carter Wrap and roll and I love it. I gives my hair hold without being stiff.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ... 22nd June 2010, 12:47 am

A natural mousse would be the Giovanni Air-Turbo-Charged Hair Styling Foam. I haven't tried it myself, but the ingredients are completely natural (except for maybe one or two ingredients) and it's an alternative to the JC Wrap & Roll, as I've heard stories of crunchiness with that product. Since there seems to be a straight half-&-half love-hate relationship with different people and the JC W&R, I'm planning on using the Giovanni for my future rollersets instead, as Giovanni has served me right in the past and JC never has. Just my opinion, though.

There's also the Abba Pure Thermal Protect Spray, if you want to flatiron/straighten your hair. It has mostly natural ingredients, except for one 'cone near the end of the list, but it's water-soluble/modified, so you won't need a shampoo to get rid of it. I haven't tried this myself and I have no problem with 'cones (so I probably won't try it), so I have no reviews for you.

For my twists, I use butters and oils. I've already used EVOO for my most recent twists, and the twists came out so buttery soft that I literally could not keep my hands out of my hair. I used to use gels, but they always made my hair perpetually hard and offered no real protection from frizz, so I moved on to EVOO. It offers wonderful hold and kept the frizziness down longer than gels. You would apply the EVOO (or any oil of your choice) just like you would a gel and twist. If you're heavy-handed (like me) and you're left with excess oilon your hair, you can just don a silk/satin scarf for a while; the scarf will just absorb the excess oil and you can wash the scarf--you hair will still be buttery soft and the scarf shouldn't be stained/ruined by the oil. I haven't tried butters yet, but I'll be trying avocado butter for my next set of twists (to use up the avocado butter), and then shea butter for my future twists.

HTH.

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd June 2010, 4:28 pm

thank you all very much! i used a mix of grape seed oil and water for my roller set. i un rolled some and it is holding well!

can i use oil for a wash and go? i've not yet tried one of those yet since i still have some relaxed ends, but I'm excited to plan for it.

I looked at ingredients for JC, it has henna in it. maybe some love / hate it because henna has lots of different results for different people? i don't know.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down