CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

+43
naturalesque
lumii
Ashespeak22
Loving me
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
MsToadieB
ladygogohot
happy2bcurly
NaturallyStacie
PrincessRN
letha
Emartini04
caracara01
Nessa101
simplysloan
DreamMerchant
butterfly3000
naturallynola
kim
SeanymphPrincess
curlista
QuirkyCurly
Curlock Holmes
curlytee
LaToya28
GorJess
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
Mz. Thang
MsChris8
AllNaturalBeauty
DeNaturelle
NaturallyJustMe
Lynnieluve
Janique
sweetdrk1
Curly Film Chick
*CurlyNikki*
KinkyKurls4Krystal
bholmes87
NoPhonyPony
RoseNaturalBeauty
47 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Twistout or Braidout??  What works for you? - Page 3 Empty Re: Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

Post by lumii 21st November 2010, 6:56 pm

I still haven'T masterd braid-outs even though I've seen many 4b women with beatiful results but my hair just doesn't seem to like it.. but it also took me some time before I mastered twist-outs so I haven't completely given up
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Twistout or Braidout??  What works for you? - Page 3 Empty Re: Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

Post by naturalesque 21st November 2010, 7:56 pm

I like them both, and get definition on both. But if I have freshly washed my hair, I prefer braid-outs, because I get less shrinkage. Sometimes a wet braid out even resembles my wash and go's with gel. I prefer twist-outs on dry hair.

I never have straight ends with my braid-outs because I twist the last inch or half inch of hair.
naturalesque
naturalesque

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 21st November 2010, 11:03 pm

Hmmmm....that's a tricky one, because I love both. I'd have to say braidouts win for me. My hair is stretched, full, and it's all over the place, which I love. I like dry twistouts, too. Just give me some big hair and it's all good with me.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 22nd November 2010, 3:47 am

Twist-outs on dry hair...I haven't had a decent braid-out yet Embarassed
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by kimc 22nd November 2010, 12:08 pm

Twist outs never really work for me. I have to always do braids.
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd November 2010, 1:17 pm

Kimc, I am curious to know what you use to braid your hair. Also, do you do braids on wet/dry/both?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by kimc 22nd November 2010, 3:20 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Kimc, I am curious to know what you use to braid your hair. Also, do you do braids on wet/dry/both?

I use IC gel or Garnier Fructis leave in. I am thinking about trying Afroveda. I braid on dry hair, and I spritz it just a little to get my brush through with the product.
Achieved the look below with a braid out
Dry hair, Shea Moisture smoothie, then sealed with Olive oil and Jojoba, then I used IC Gel.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusislove1526 9th December 2010, 4:50 pm

Twistouts seem to work best for my 3c hair. Braidouts always seem to leave my ends fairly straight. I don't even have to use gel, even though I'm transitioning.
jesusislove1526
jesusislove1526

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3