CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

+43
naturalesque
lumii
Ashespeak22
Loving me
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
MsToadieB
ladygogohot
happy2bcurly
NaturallyStacie
PrincessRN
letha
Emartini04
caracara01
Nessa101
simplysloan
DreamMerchant
butterfly3000
naturallynola
kim
SeanymphPrincess
curlista
QuirkyCurly
Curlock Holmes
curlytee
LaToya28
GorJess
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
Mz. Thang
MsChris8
AllNaturalBeauty
DeNaturelle
NaturallyJustMe
Lynnieluve
Janique
sweetdrk1
Curly Film Chick
*CurlyNikki*
KinkyKurls4Krystal
bholmes87
NoPhonyPony
RoseNaturalBeauty
47 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Twistout or Braidout??  What works for you? Empty Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 10th February 2010, 10:00 pm

Hey ladies - I have very soft hair....every time I would try
to do a two-strand twistout...it would turn into a curly afro! So since I
have been snowed in since last Friday, I have been working on my business
plans, recipes, and playing in my hair!!! I remember when I was little my
mommy used to braid her hair up at night and it was so pretty the next
morning....why did I just think of this...I don't know...any way I decided to
wet my hair, apply KBN Nourishing Hair & Body Butter and then braided my
hair applying a small amount of KBN Soothing Eucalyptus & Lavender
Gel. I came out so pretty!!

More pics to come....I have to style it!

What works better for you? Twistout or Braidout?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Twistout or Braidout??  What works for you? Empty Re: Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

Post by NoPhonyPony 10th February 2010, 10:34 pm

i've tried countless twist-outs and have yet to get a good one. my hair usually comes out looking a mess (not sure if it's because of the relaxed ends). my braid-outs usually come out much better but i have no idea why.
NoPhonyPony
NoPhonyPony

Back to top Go down

Twistout or Braidout??  What works for you? Empty Re: Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 10th February 2010, 10:40 pm

NoPhonyPony wrote:(not sure if it's because of the relaxed ends). my braid-outs usually come out much better but i have no idea why.

When will you be cutting your relaxed ends off??
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th February 2010, 10:45 pm

Right now twist outs are my best friend! When I was still transitioning braid outs were better for me. Or should I say braid and curls because I HAD to put rollers on the ends or else they would look a hot mess! But I favor twist outs because of the length of my hair at this point. Plus they're easier for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 10th February 2010, 10:50 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Right now twist outs are my best friend! When I was still transitioning braid outs were better for me. Or should I say braid and curls because I HAD to put rollers on the ends or else they would look a hot mess! But I favor twist outs because of the length of my hair at this point. Plus they're easier for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WOW!!! So pretty! See my hair will have a few defined curls, but it will turn into a curly afro!! You hair is beautiful! I love it!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyKurls4Krystal 10th February 2010, 10:51 pm

bholmes87 wrote:Right now twist outs are my best friend! When I was still transitioning braid outs were better for me. Or should I say braid and curls because I HAD to put rollers on the ends or else they would look a hot mess! But I favor twist outs because of the length of my hair at this point. Plus they're easier for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@bholmes87 what products do you use for your twists? your hair is gooorgeous. I just did my BC a few weeks ago after transitioning for a year and I'm still not comfortable with my hair yet, but I can do twistouts (sorta). The front of my hair is randomly heat damaged-or something so I also have that to deal with.
KinkyKurls4Krystal
KinkyKurls4Krystal

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 11th February 2010, 10:04 am

I've been feeling braid-outs lately, but truth be told, I can tell no difference between a wet set t-n-c and a wet set b-n-c. I'm about 100% sure that if I tried dry set twists, my hair would be an undefined mess. I like braids because I can get closer to the roots.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 11th February 2010, 11:13 am

Twist outs seem to be a hit or miss with me, but braidouts are always great because I can do them wet or dry and they are close to my actual curl pattern...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th February 2010, 11:45 am

I have had one or two successful twist outs. I have not tried the braid out yet. Holmes that hair is beautiuos!!! Go head witchobadself!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 11th February 2010, 12:29 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:I've been feeling braid-outs lately, but truth be told, I can tell no difference between a wet set t-n-c and a wet set b-n-c. I'm about 100% sure that if I tried dry set twists, my hair would be an undefined mess. I like braids because I can get closer to the roots.

Yes, I cannot do dry twist on my hair either.....it comes out a HOTMESS also!! I like the braidout because you can get closer to the root and since my hair has such shrinkage, the briadout make my hair stop the shrinkage!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 11th February 2010, 1:01 pm

It seems twistouts work better for people with looser textures for the most part and braidouts for people with tighter coils.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th February 2010, 1:08 pm

I am a twist out queen!!! I havent tried a braid out yet. I will try it when my hair gets longer. My avatar is 2nd day hair of twist out using BeeMine BeeHold Curly Butter.

KoilsByNature, I want to check out your products but I am a part of a No Buy Challenge but as soon as it is over, I will be trying out a sample or two.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJustMe 11th February 2010, 1:28 pm

I can't braid my own hair worth a flip, so I'm definitely a twist out type of girl! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyJustMe
NaturallyJustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by DeNaturelle 11th February 2010, 1:33 pm

Hi Ladies,
I have tried both the twist and braid out.....when my hair was shorter the twist out didn't work well on my hair but know since I got a little length is look GREAT! I like did the braid out the first time a couple of months ago and boy did I enjoy my FRO! My profile pic is a result of a braid out that picked out!!!!

I luv my natural hair!
DeNaturelle
DeNaturelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 11th February 2010, 2:18 pm

Very cute twist out, i think you've perfected that!!
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 11th February 2010, 3:29 pm

I would have to say that I like them both...When I want a little less definition and more volume I do a t-n-c. When I want it to be more defined and to last longer I do a b-n-c. I have also found that when I do braids, it seems that the ends dry faster. I usually just do twists though because they don't take as long. lol
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th February 2010, 4:45 pm

koilsbynature wrote:
WOW!!! So pretty! See my hair will have a few defined curls, but it will turn into a curly afro!! You hair is beautiful! I love it!

Thank you koilsbynature!!! I guess it just depends on each individual person's hair and their preference for how they like their hair to look. I love curly fros too but I also get different results with each twist out I do and I LOVE THAT about our hair! So versatile and different and fierce Smile so it's just trial and error so see what you like the best

KinkyKurls4Krystal wrote:
@bholmes87 what products do you use for your twists? your hair is gooorgeous. I just did my BC a few weeks ago after transitioning for a year and I'm still not comfortable with my hair yet, but I can do twistouts (sorta). The front of my hair is randomly heat damaged-or something so I also have that to deal with.

Usually I have a spray bottle that I use for my twists. In that bottle I have (in order from greatest amount to least):

water
Infusium 23
Nexxus Humectress conditioner
glycerin
EVOO/Hot Six oil

I did it on dry hair but I pretty much soaked the twists in the mixture to twist it up and it's worked for me

AllNaturalBeauty wrote:
Very cute twist out, i think you've perfected that!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] aww shucks you made me blush!! lol thank you AllNaturalBeauty!!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 11th February 2010, 8:24 pm

Ok your hair is fierce( two snaps) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But really I like both of course t/o take less time but I love them both equally.
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by AllNaturalBeauty 11th February 2010, 8:56 pm

@bholmes87 Your welcome!
AllNaturalBeauty
AllNaturalBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th February 2010, 10:37 pm

I definitely prefer braidouts. I get great definition and they definitely last longer on me. I think once I get more length twistouts will look better on me.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th February 2010, 10:44 pm

Mz. Thang wrote:[Ok your hair is fierce( two snaps) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] But really I like both of course t/o take less time but I love them both equally.

Haha thanks Mz. Thang!!! Your hair is bangin too girl! Loving the avatar [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
bholmes87
bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th February 2010, 12:14 am

Yes, bholmes87, that twist out is da truff, yes, da truff!

I like both!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GorJess 8th November 2010, 5:19 pm

I prefer twistouts... quicker and easier to do and more curl definition.
GorJess
GorJess

http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th November 2010, 9:41 pm

I prefer twistouts as well. Maybe it's due to my length, but when I do a braidout my ends just stick straight up...not a good look at all! lol

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 11:10 pm

I prefer twist outs because they are quicker and easier although I get more definition with a braid out.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next