CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

+43
naturalesque
lumii
Ashespeak22
Loving me
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
MsToadieB
ladygogohot
happy2bcurly
NaturallyStacie
PrincessRN
letha
Emartini04
caracara01
Nessa101
simplysloan
DreamMerchant
butterfly3000
naturallynola
kim
SeanymphPrincess
curlista
QuirkyCurly
Curlock Holmes
curlytee
LaToya28
GorJess
ChrsLvsBks
krazy coils
Mz. Thang
MsChris8
AllNaturalBeauty
DeNaturelle
NaturallyJustMe
Lynnieluve
Janique
sweetdrk1
Curly Film Chick
*CurlyNikki*
KinkyKurls4Krystal
bholmes87
NoPhonyPony
RoseNaturalBeauty
47 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Twistout or Braidout??  What works for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

Post by curlytee 8th November 2010, 11:55 pm

I happen to like both. I get two different looks from each.

My Avi is a TWIST OUT which the roots were lifted with a Pick. I like big hair especially when my hair stands straight up with curls on the tips

When I do my BRAID OUTS my hair gets stretch, I small waves and my hair actually drops in the front and on the sides with straight tips.

My TWIST OUTS are Sassy and my BRAID OUTS are calm and cute
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Twistout or Braidout??  What works for you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Twistout or Braidout?? What works for you?

Post by Curlock Holmes 9th November 2010, 12:24 am

twistouts on wet hair and braid-outs on dry, stretched hair. Braidouts on wet hair don't give me the look that I want, but on dry hair they look just like a twistout! Go figure...
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 9th November 2010, 12:41 am

Twistouts!! LOL Braidouts are okay,but they don't give me what I'm looking for. I'm still trying to perfect my twists-outs though..I want them to curl up at the ends instead of sticking out
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 9th November 2010, 1:20 am

Twistouts work better for me because there's less fuss with unraveling so I get less frizz. Although they only work on soaking wet hair for me, if I do it on damp or dry hair I don't get much definition. Braidouts work better on damp hair because it's "tighter" I guess, with the 3 strands if you get what I mean.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanymphPrincess 11th November 2010, 6:20 am

I love twistouts and braidouts. Both have different affects. I can puts twists in the night before on damp hair and have a well define twistout. As for Braidouts I have to leave the braids in 3 days on hair that has been in a bun all week for my hair to look somewhat defined, which still doesn't look that defined at all.
Twistout
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Braidout
SeanymphPrincess
SeanymphPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 11th November 2010, 8:17 am

I like both but for next day hair after washing only braid outs, twist need to be dried before unraveling or my hair just becomes an unruly mess.
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 13th November 2010, 11:41 am

Seanymph - your hair looks good!

I am in my 9th month of transitioning and the braidout works best for me b/c 1) its easier/quicker to do AND 2) I am more efficient in hiding the parts. That was not always the case. I wore twistouts for several months b/c there was an area of each twist section that was resistant to curling b/c of its relaxed state. The twistout was better at masking the 2 textures.

Over time, the resistant hair succumbed to curling (got used to it d/t me consistently braiding)

Also, b/c I am not 100% natural the 2 strand twist doesn't work for me and I have to flat twist and my flat twisting skills in the back are something to be desired- LOL

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 13th November 2010, 5:10 pm

I think twistouts look better on my 4A because its curly/coily. But if it were more 4B, zig zag shaped, the braidouts would look better. I do both and like the results but it just seems like my hair just naturally rocks a twistout better.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 13th November 2010, 5:51 pm

I like them both for difference reasons. I like twistouts because they are quick and they give more volume. I like the braidouts because I get better definition and they last longer.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 13th November 2010, 6:26 pm

Braid-outs work better for me! No matter what I do, I can't get a twist out to work without turning into a huge mess.
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 13th November 2010, 7:04 pm

Twist outs on dry hair work the best for me because when it's done on wet hair it shrinks alot. I rocked an awesome twist out today! Why don't they look this good when i'm going to class? *sigh
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by caracara01 15th November 2010, 6:13 pm

Braidouts make my fine hair too stringy. Twistouts are my preference
caracara01
caracara01

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 15th November 2010, 6:17 pm

I love twist outs. I haven't tried braid outs yet but the twist outs r doing just fine for me.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 15th November 2010, 6:23 pm

I will have to say since transitioning I've done some braidouts and they looked a hot mess.. I did twist outs for the 1st time 1 month ago and had to do it a 2nd time to get the look I wanted.. So for right now twist out and I am transitioning and not sure if I used the correct products when I did my braid out.. I didn't use much I think just using gel was a bad idea but when I put eco-styler on my hair dry to braid my hair in cornrows it turns out so pretty after having my cornrows in for a while so maybe during transition braidouts on we hair will not work for me I guess my hair needs to be dry..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 16th November 2010, 10:45 am

Braidouts for me definitely! I did a couple of twistouts when I was transitioning and still had a lot of relaxed hair and they were cute. But on my natural 4a hair, twistouts give me no definition whatsoever and end up shrinking may shoulder lenghthhair into a curly fro. Braidouts stretch my hair and give great definition.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStacie 16th November 2010, 2:14 pm

I've only tried twist outs.

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 16th November 2010, 5:08 pm

I like twist outs cause their easier to take loose in the morning. I have to be to work by 6:00am so time is an issue. And I also like the little swirls I get on the ends of my hair. I've been doing them so long till thats what I'm used to.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 16th November 2010, 5:11 pm

Although being natural for almost three years, i still cannot master neither, they just don't come out right. Will not give up Laughing
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by MsToadieB 17th November 2010, 12:23 am

I am the twistout queen! My hair is coily and twist outs work perfectly for me. As the days pass, my hair gets bigger and bigger and less defined WHICH I LOVE! Braidouts do NOTHING for my hair...here is a pic of a twistout...I hope it shows up!

MsToadieB
MsToadieB

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 17th November 2010, 1:15 pm

I prefer braid-outs b/c they last longer in my hair. My hair in the front isn't as tightly curled in the back, so the front starts to lose definition quicker. I do my braid-outs on dry hair using a mixture of water and conditioner, shea butter and coconut oil, and olive oil. I use a little castor oil sometimes as well. My avitar is a braid-out and I'm rocking one today. Its a wonder what 10 or so Celie plaits put in at night can do!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th November 2010, 3:11 pm

Twistouts work well for me. Wet twist I get an curly afro. dry Twist I get longer twists. I haven't tried braidouts yet.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 18th November 2010, 3:28 am

I have been doing twists and twistout since the day I cut my relaxed ends off nearly a year ago! I have only done 1 braidout and for me, braidouts don't last very long. Twistouts last longer because I think they look better as they get frizzier and less defined so I, too, am a twistout lover Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th November 2010, 3:07 pm

I like them both for different reasons. Twist outs give me volume, braidouts give me length. I get definition no matter which one though I must say. It's a matter of what product I use most of the time.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 19th November 2010, 3:56 pm

I cant twist out or braid out cause they both look a hot mess! Sad
(Serious damage from weaves and hot combs for years then perming.)
Trying to nurse my hair back to health. Serious hair envy bholmes87 ! LOL.
Ill get there!
Yall Pray for a sista! Very Happy
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 20th November 2010, 8:11 am

I have yet to try a braid out, I usually do Twist outs, but my hair is a mix of 3c-4a and I love the fact that after about 3-4 days of being left out its a jumble of curls and fluff.
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

http://Strawberrypoptartkisses.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next