CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good twist out products????

+2
Lynnieluve
marquila2007
6 posters

Go down

Good twist out products???? Empty Good twist out products????

Post by marquila2007 9th February 2010, 12:33 am

I would like to try a twist out soon. However I don't have any idea of what products I can purchase that would give me awesome results. Please share what has worked great for you.Also if you have a video tuturial on youtube please leave your user name so I can look you up and check out the video. Thanks in advance:)

marquila2007

Back to top Go down

Good twist out products???? Empty Re: Good twist out products????

Post by Lynnieluve 9th February 2010, 12:39 am

The best product I have used that wasnt ordered online is Organic Root Stimulator Lock and twist gel. I dont do YouTube videos but you can check out my Butters n Bars thread (you will find it in my signature) and see my two strand twist using the ORS Lock and Twist gel. It's on the last page which is page....going to check...33 or 34.

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 9th February 2010, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 9th February 2010, 1:34 am

I do my twistouts wet and use Dabur Coconut oil, aussie moist and seal my ends with a solid concoction I made (shea butter, mango butter, coconut butter, coconut oil, tea tree oil, Dabur Amla, Hesh Herbal Almond Oil, glycerin, castor oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, a mini van, a small child, moon rocks and the kitchen sink). My hair is saturated with product and it has never had white flakes or residue from the products used. Every other night, I will put my hair in about 10 big braids (using aussie and oil)to keep the twistout looking fresh. Sometimes I will roll my ends and do the baggy method to get juicy ends.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 9th February 2010, 2:51 pm

When I do twist-outs (&braid-outs), I always leave-in conditioner (usually Herbal Essenses TT or HH) and put either coconut oil and a little Fantasia IC gel, Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, or my shealoe concoction on it. And I always seal my ends with either pure shea butter or the shealoe. All of these produce great results with no flaking as well and my hair stays soft and moisturized. If my hair dries completely I can get about three to four days out of it without re-twisting.
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 9th February 2010, 5:51 pm

Just this week, I learned my hair really likes HH Hello Hydration as a leave-in. I did twists with my shealoe mixture and my twistout came out soooo cute! That combined made my hair feel amazing! In the early stages, Cantu Shea butter worked well for me and Elasta QP mango better was good, too. They left a little buildup, but not nearly as much as IC gel.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by meeksj1 9th February 2010, 8:05 pm

I would agree with lynnieluve..I just tried ORS twist/loc gel & i can say i really like it. its not crunchy & my hair doesnt feel dry & its still moisturized..i would say give it a try. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
meeksj1
meeksj1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down