good products

View previous topic View next topic Go down

good products

Post by natural nu on 1st February 2011, 1:00 pm

i'm having a hard time finding products for my natural hair Crying or Very sad . my hair is VERY dry. i co wash every 3-4 days. is there anyone who can help. i've look on your tube and saw a few reviews on some products but i just haven't found the right one yet.
avatar
natural nu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by dajewel on 1st February 2011, 1:03 pm

what is ur regimen? could u kindly tell us what u use? thanks!
avatar
dajewel

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : orlando, florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by natural nu on 6th February 2011, 10:37 am

ok so i co wash with kbb ultimate conditionshing shampoo and once a week i will deep condition with kbb hair mask after i let that stay on my hair for 1 hour without heat i wash out and put on shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and let dry.... i like the smoothie but i need help with the other products. i have been natural for 18 months now and i really need HELP Sad ... thanks
avatar
natural nu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by MEGAFAITH on 6th February 2011, 11:01 am

it could be that your hair not getting any moisture because of the co washing keep in mind that conditioner coat the hair strands which sometimes block it from getting moisture in the hair strand. i started out with co washing 2-3 a week as well then just stared doing it as needed. what you could do is damp your hair in the morning or night with a spray bottle and seal with your Shea butter mix or fav oil I seal with Shea mix as needed but i do dampen my hair everyday this should help balance moisture.
avatar
MEGAFAITH

Posts : 166
Join date : 2010-05-06
Age : 34
Location : BIRMINGHAM A.L.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by Emartini04 on 6th February 2011, 12:28 pm

Are you sealing your hair with any type of oils after you co wash? That maybe the problem. Also it could be the product that you're using that could be drying out your hair. Maybe you should try using a different type of moisturizing conditioner for your hair and see how that works out. I know alot of naturals that love using products with silicone on their hair but I've noticed since I stop using it my hair isn't dry like it was before. Different products work differently on everyone and you just have to find what's best for you to use.
avatar
Emartini04

Posts : 433
Join date : 2010-10-11
Location : New York City

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by natural nu on 6th February 2011, 5:13 pm

thank yall so much for the reply. i'm trying to find a regimen that really works for me. i have never tried putting oil on my hair after co washing... i'm really new to this because my hair just got to where i could do anything with it. i'm really thinking about jessi curl. i saw a few youtube videos and a few reviews. has anyone tried jessie curls?
avatar
natural nu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by Nali1987 on 6th February 2011, 5:32 pm

I have really dry type 4 hair and Alma Olive Heavy Cream by Qhemet (and an oil to seal it in) helps with dryness. You can check the post here: http://curlynikki.forumotion.com/t9513-tried-qhemet-aohc-today

Laughing


Last edited by Nali1987 on 6th February 2011, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Nali1987

Posts : 210
Join date : 2010-10-07
Location : Amsterdam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by dajewel on 6th February 2011, 5:35 pm

natural nu wrote:ok so i co wash with kbb ultimate conditionshing shampoo and once a week i will deep condition with kbb hair mask after i let that stay on my hair for 1 hour without heat i wash out and put on shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and let dry.... i like the smoothie but i need help with the other products. i have been natural for 18 months now and i really need HELP Sad ... thanks

are u rinsing your deep conditioner with cold water? this will help seal in the moisture. how often do u clarify or 'clarify' your hair?
avatar
dajewel

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : orlando, florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by dajewel on 6th February 2011, 5:37 pm

MEGAFAITH wrote:it could be that your hair not getting any moisture because of the co washing keep in mind that conditioner coat the hair strands which sometimes block it from getting moisture in the hair strand. i started out with co washing 2-3 a week as well then just stared doing it as needed. what you could do is damp your hair in the morning or night with a spray bottle and seal with your Shea butter mix or fav oil I seal with Shea mix as needed but i do dampen my hair everyday this should help balance moisture.

not all conditioners coat the hair and so it is perfectly ok to co-wash.
avatar
dajewel

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : orlando, florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by dajewel on 6th February 2011, 5:39 pm

natural nu wrote:thank yall so much for the reply. i'm trying to find a regimen that really works for me. i have never tried putting oil on my hair after co washing... i'm really new to this because my hair just got to where i could do anything with it. i'm really thinking about jessi curl. i saw a few youtube videos and a few reviews. has anyone tried jessie curls?

also, have u prepoo'd with a humectant (ex. honey, castor oil, etc)? humectants bind to water readily, and this will be advantageous for your encouraging moisture and retention in your hair.
avatar
dajewel

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : orlando, florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by dajewel on 6th February 2011, 5:41 pm

Nali1987 wrote:I have really dry type 4 hair and Alma Olive Heavy Cream by Qhemet (and an oil to seal it in) helps with dryness. You can check the post here: http://curlynikki.forumotion.com/t9513-tried-qhemet-aohc-today

Laughing

i agree that qhemet helps with dryness. i haven't tried the amla olive heavy cream yet, but i can definitely vouch for the softening serum which has castor and moringa oils. right now, i am using this product as an oil rinse. hth
avatar
dajewel

Posts : 1760
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : orlando, florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by natural nu on 6th February 2011, 8:21 pm

i went to the Qhemet web site and it's down. is there anywhere else you can get it?
avatar
natural nu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by Sebastain13 on 6th February 2011, 8:28 pm

I just when to the site & its up Try it again

I just ordered the amla olive heavy cream because I have problems with dryness as well I have been natural for 9 months & I still dont have a routine I have been experimenting with a few things so I just bought some products the other day & they have been working very well My hair is soo soft I purchased the Oyin juices & berries and the honey hemp conditioner I am using the honey hemp as a leave in It has made a major improvement in my hair Their site oyin.com I think
avatar
Sebastain13

Posts : 487
Join date : 2010-05-13
Age : 49
Location : North Carolina

View user profile http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by deeply_rooted_chick on 6th February 2011, 8:37 pm

I cowash every other day and wet my hair with warm water everyday to keep in moisture. Using a good leave in helps I use creme of nature or kinky curly knot today.
avatar
deeply_rooted_chick

Posts : 357
Join date : 2010-02-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by natural nu on 7th February 2011, 10:15 am

i need a good leave in the one i got i don't care for( for my hair anyway) kbb hair mask... i'm going to go back and try the site today
avatar
natural nu

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 38
Location : VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by Tamtnt on 7th February 2011, 3:48 pm

I'm tried the Amla Olive Heavy Cream and it didn't work for me. I think it may be to heavy for my hair. It left my hair feeling greasy and still dry. I tried using less and I got the same results. I found out my hair loves water based moisturizers. I just bought the trial size of the Komaza Care Shea Butter Lotion and I'm really liking it. It made my hair soft and moisturized and not greasy to the touch. I will definitely be purchasing a full size bottle.
avatar
Tamtnt

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-02-02
Age : 36
Location : Cincinnati, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: good products

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum