CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hair is Natural but I don't know what to do with it...

+4
ChrsLvsBks
cajun*curly
dajewel
Islander3906
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Hair is Natural but I don't know what to do with it... - Page 2 Empty Re: My Hair is Natural but I don't know what to do with it...

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 12:12 am

@Lynnieluve....Thanks for posting your regimen it also helped me. I am gonna try the coconut oil with the Giovanni.

@Islander3906 ...The tea tree oil I believe needs to be mixed with a carrier oil like olive oil/almond oil/ castor oil. I think it may burn if you were to put it on your hair straight.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

My Hair is Natural but I don't know what to do with it... - Page 2 Empty Re: My Hair is Natural but I don't know what to do with it...

Post by Lynnieluve 14th February 2010, 12:25 am

A friend of mine likes the Jamaican Mango and lime gel. I think is words similar to the Lock/Twist gel.

As for the "Not Recommended" list, I dont stick to it. Dont get me wrong, I still read the ingredients on products. My thing is, it gets expensive order all natural products online. Most times when you order them, it could take from 1-2 weeks to receive the products. I like to be able to go to my local drug store/Walmart/Target and pick up things for my hair. I dont shop at the BSS anymore unless I am looking for hair accessories/hair pins etc.

"If is works for me, I am using" is my rule. At all times I want my hair to be soft and moisturized....if the product is doing that to my liking, then I am sticking with it.

Hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th February 2010, 12:27 am

Is your Tea Tree Oil from the BSS store? or is it tea tree the essential oi?

If is the tea tree oil from the BSS store, then you can apply it to your hair without anything else. If it is the tea tree essential oil, mix it will olive oil. It is too strong to apply to your skin directly.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Islander3906 14th February 2010, 12:35 am

Thank you - The Tea Tree Oil I'm using is from Parnevu I got it at Cares Beauty Supply in my local area. It's a scalp oil and helps to heal, stop itching, and helps stimulate growth. Thanks for all your help...u are working wonders.
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

Post by Islander3906 15th February 2010, 2:06 am

Ok I did the two strand twists yesterday and twisted them out today and here are the results. What I don't like about it is the spaces - why are there so many? Is it because the twists are big?...do I have to part the sections smaller. That's going to take forever but I'm now dedicated to this - no pain no gain right! However, if there are alternatives I'm all ears. Secondly, I don't like that there's no shape to the style. I've never had my ends trimmed. I don't like that at all - these stylists get to happy when you say "trim" and that turns into "cut" but if i have to in order to see a change so be it. Also, when I first untwisted the twist I had to use the pic to lift the style off my head so you'll see the twist aren't defined to the scalp that's my fault. I wear it better with that lift but wish I could achieve it another way after all the time I put in to twisting them. I'm now wearing a night cap and can't wait to see if this will make it to tomorrow. Back to work on Tuesday but I'm not sure I'm ready to wear this out - especially if I can't do it for a whole week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Also someone sent me a link to a you tube video and the products being used to twist the hair was essential balm however I have had no luck finding this online and now I don't know how to get back to the video - I'm not a YouTube Junkie so I didn't add it to my favorites. In the video they showed a 2 strand twist method where you take the two strands and twist them in the opposite direction then twist them together - I'm looking for the name of that method. I have a birthday coming up in about 5 weeks and my husband has special plans so I want to go all natural of course so if you are familiar with this style share the information with a sista.

Please feel free to comment, comment, comment. Thanks and I hope you ladies enjoyed your Valentines Day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Islander3906
Islander3906

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2