CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't wait to try my new products.....

5 posters

Go down

Can't wait to try my new products..... Empty Can't wait to try my new products.....

Post by Tiffy2 3rd February 2010, 3:46 pm

I wanted to upgrade my hair products since it'll be 2 months since I BC'd on Dec 11th. My hair is growing out great and my TWA is getting a little bigger. here are the things I ordered......

Henna Kit w/hibiscus flowers
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Coconut Oil
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
Vegetable Glycerin
Oyin Handmade sample kit
Complex B vitamins
Msm
Biotin

This stuff costed me well over $80.00,but what my husband don't know won't hurt him LOL...
My question to you guys is,how do I use the vegetable glycerin??? because on motowngirl.com they use to show you how to make your own natural hair products,and now I don't see that section on their site. I hope I didn't buy this stuff for nothing. But all in all I'm learning what my hair likes and dislikes.I know my hair loves oils and hates butters.but anywho,here are a few pics of my hair...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Tiffy2 on 3rd February 2010, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Can't wait to try my new products..... Empty Re: Can't wait to try my new products.....

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 3:57 pm

I mix my veggie glycerin with a light conditioner and water in a spritz bottle. It works the best in the Spring/Summertime...during warmer months because veggie glycerin is a humectant...which draws moisture out of the air and into your hair.

75% water, 10% conditioner and 15% veggie glycerin and few drops of lemongrass essential oils for the scent.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Can't wait to try my new products..... Empty Re: Can't wait to try my new products.....

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 4:04 pm

I just received my Oyin products...but I'm not sure how I'm going to use what I got. Ordered....Juices & Berries; the pomade and shine & define.

I did try the pomade on my edges yesterday, but it didn't lay down my edges like I thought, but I'm sure that had to do with the fact that I had other products on my hair.

However, all day I kept trying to figure out who was smelling so good in my department. Got in my truck to go home last night and discovered it was my hair!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The pomade smells just like sugar cookies...no lie!!!!

Good luck with your products...I'm sure you will get a response from someone shortly on how to use what you've purchased!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 3rd February 2010, 4:05 pm

Thanks for the fast response Lynnieluve
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 6:40 pm

@ KNH - The Juices n Berries can be used a refresher for your styles and I used the shine n define for my two strand twist. I havent tried the pomade yet but I have heard a few people say they've used it on their two strand twist. Check with Notthecoolmom....she used the pomade for her two strand twist.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 3rd February 2010, 7:56 pm

thanks so much KinkyNappyHappy! I can't wait to smell oyin's products,alot of people on here say that it smells good!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd February 2010, 8:08 pm

Ladies - Question: How do you know if your hair doesn't like a particular product? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm still trying to figure that one out. Thanks!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 8:18 pm

Once you get to know your hair and how it normally feels.....if it feels any different from that....like brittle, hard or dry then that's how I tell my hair doesnt like a product. Hope that make sense.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd February 2010, 8:19 pm

TMS wrote:Ladies - Question: How do you know if your hair doesn't like a particular product? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm still trying to figure that one out. Thanks!

Just like Lynn said...

As much as I think I like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration..I don't think my hair does. My curls really pop with this conditioner, but last night my hair felt hard and dry...just like it did about a month ago when Houston got its first real cold snap.

Even with my styling products...my hair now feels brittle. (back to Suave) So...the answer to your question is you can tell by the way your hair responds to a new product you may have added to your regiment.

Hope that helps....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 3rd February 2010, 8:25 pm

@Lynnieluve & KinkyNappyHappy - Yes, that makes a lot sense.

Once I cut the texturizer out (hopefully the end of next month), I will find out how my hair reacts to different products.

Thank you!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 4th February 2010, 3:35 am

I tried mixing HE HH,EVOO,Green Tea,Honey and Peppermint Oil together in a spray bottle and it had my hair feeling hard and brittle when it was dry. I didn't like that feeling at all. I usually put GF Sleek and Shine alone with the rest of the stuff in the bottle. that's what I get for trying to switch things up I guess. but I know for sure my hair doesn't like butters at all.it makes my hair feel nasty.and the smell of the shea butter while in my hair is awful.I could smell it through my wig.....YUCK!! I just used my water and peppermint oil spray along with some coconut oil,and my hair is so soft.I didn't wanna stop useing the coconut oil. it smells yummy. I can't believe I bought a 20 ounce jar of coconut oil for only $8 and some change.....thank God for Iherb!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th February 2010, 8:53 am

Lynnieluve wrote:@ KNH - The Juices n Berries can be used a refresher for your styles and I used the shine n define for my two strand twist. I havent tried the pomade yet but I have heard a few people say they've used it on their two strand twist. Check with Notthecoolmom....she used the pomade for her two strand twist.

Thanks Lynn~

I checked out Notthecoolmom no YouTube yesterday. I love her twists...I'm going to try twists soon, and I plan to try her method..conditioner and pomade. Her hair is much longer than mine, but I think that might work for me!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th February 2010, 10:20 am

Tiffy2 wrote:I tried mixing HE HH,EVOO,Green Tea,Honey and Peppermint Oil together in a spray bottle and it had my hair feeling hard and brittle when it was dry. I didn't like that feeling at all. I usually put GF Sleek and Shine alone with the rest of the stuff in the bottle. that's what I get for trying to switch things up I guess. but I know for sure my hair doesn't like butters at all.it makes my hair feel nasty.and the smell of the shea butter while in my hair is awful.I could smell it through my wig.....YUCK!! I just used my water and peppermint oil spray along with some coconut oil,and my hair is so soft.I didn't wanna stop useing the coconut oil. it smells yummy. I can't believe I bought a 20 ounce jar of coconut oil for only $8 and some change.....thank God for Iherb!

Based on your comment and a few other curlies, it seems like if you have a looser texture then your hair doesnt like shea butter because it is too heavy. MahoganyCurls said her hair dislikes butters. Now my hair on the other hand [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] butters. As for the smell, I always mix my shea butter with other oils and essential oils. Lemongrass is my favorite essential oil.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 4th February 2010, 10:32 am

I'm sorry I ever bought that shea butter! it's just sitting in my cabinet collecting dust.but I do use it on my sons skin because he has eczema.but still......
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th February 2010, 3:00 pm

You can add the glycerin to a bottle with a mix of water, oil and Giovanni Direct Leave-In or other conditioner. You will likely have to play with the mix. The chemist here, dajewel, wrote about using glycerin on her thread under CurlFriends (I think that is where it is). You can use it when it is dry or moist you just have to balance it with moisturizing ingredients. The things you learn. I thought it would be a no no also in winter, when raining, when dry but it's not. I plan to try a mix of it with a watery leave in I have not used yet.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th February 2010, 3:15 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:You can add the glycerin to a bottle with a mix of water, oil and Giovanni Direct Leave-In or other conditioner. You will likely have to play with the mix. The chemist here, dajewel, wrote about using glycerin on her thread under CurlFriends (I think that is where it is). You can use it when it is dry or moist you just have to balance it with moisturizing ingredients. The things you learn. I thought it would be a no no also in winter, when raining, when dry but it's not. I plan to try a mix of it with a watery leave in I have not used yet.

Learn something new everyday!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 4th February 2010, 11:32 pm

Thanks ladies...
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down