CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will wait for You, video (Powerful Poem)

+6
QuirkyCurly
creolebeauty1
Lynnieluve
Ambitious_Tiff
Fleur
Lysheba89
10 posters

Go down

I will wait for You, video (Powerful Poem)  Empty I will wait for You, video (Powerful Poem)

Post by Lysheba89 7th March 2011, 3:29 pm

Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

I will wait for You, video (Powerful Poem)  Empty Re: I will wait for You, video (Powerful Poem)

Post by Fleur 7th March 2011, 4:11 pm

My friend sent this to me on Saturday and I had to stand up and applaud after I watched it. I wanted to send this to a couple of females I know who compromise their body and spirit to men they can ADMIT are losers--but I didn't. The message would've been completely lost. They would be the type to talk about the poet's hair or clothes rather than the message she was sending. Rolling Eyes
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

I will wait for You, video (Powerful Poem)  Empty Re: I will wait for You, video (Powerful Poem)

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th March 2011, 4:32 pm

Man this is SO. ON. TIME. Thank you for sharing!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th March 2011, 4:38 pm

Thanks for sharing!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 7th March 2011, 5:54 pm

that was beautiful
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 7th March 2011, 6:13 pm

Ambitious_Tiff, Sooooo true! On time is not even the right phrase , for me right now. This video is a direct intervention in my life by God .

Fleur, you should send the video anyway. I can't imagine anyone would be so far gone that they'd miss her point, when her point is really God's point.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 7th March 2011, 6:24 pm

Thanks for sharing! She was amazing!
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th March 2011, 6:25 pm

Lysheba, I known these women for years. They have been getting the self-esteem speech for years. Everyone doesn't believe in God or practice His Word. Also not everyone is patient and can foresee that sometimes you have to struggle before things get easier. It's a lot more to this, but it's frustrating being the cheerleader for over 10 years. We've all ran across "friends" like that before.

Btw, thanks for sharing this. She is wonderful!!!

Last edited by Fleur on 7th March 2011, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 7th March 2011, 6:36 pm

Fleur, I know what you mean. Already I know who I want to share the video with and who I wouldn't share it with because of how I think they'd react.

I'd certainly show this to my Christian or Christian leaning friends, but I have lots of friends who are the really academic liberal types who think that religion is beneath them, because they're "smarter than that" and they are smart enough to handle their bodies in a way that is "liberating" and "satisfying" to them yet "responsible".

And don't get me wrong, I love these friends of mine to death, and I too am part of the "progressive" crowd, but I'm also Christian, and I know that I would get laughed at for showing this video.

I guess me and you just have to keep praying for these women! That's the best thing you can do for anybody!
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th March 2011, 6:57 pm

Lysheba89 wrote:Fleur, I know what you mean. Already I know who I want to share the video with and who I wouldn't share it with because of how I think they'd react.

I'd certainly show this to my Christian or Christian leaning friends, but I have lots of friends who are the really academic liberal types who think that religion is beneath them, because they're "smarter than that" and they are smart enough to handle their bodies in a way that is "liberating" and "satisfying" to them yet "responsible".

And don't get me wrong, I love these friends of mine to death, and I too am part of the "progressive" crowd, but I'm also Christian, and I know that I would get laughed at for showing this video.

I guess me and you just have to keep praying for these women! That's the best thing you can do for anybody!

Sister high five to everything you just wrote because it seemed like I wrote it, lol. Do we know these same women? It would be easy to walk away because I've dropped negative spirits from my life before, but because I have a compassionate heart (especially when children are involved), it's not easy sometimes.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 7th March 2011, 6:59 pm

Lysheba89 wrote:Ambitious_Tiff, Sooooo true! On time is not even the right phrase , for me right now. This video is a direct intervention in my life by God .

Even better! I was just obsessing about "the one" this weekend. Thinking about how tired I've grown of the single life, looking for love in all the wrong places, and trying to "mold" my perfect man. God never ceases to amaze me.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 7th March 2011, 10:21 pm

Ambitious_Tiff, I wasn't even obsessing over the one, which I've done before. At least then, you're thinking, that you want there to be a "one".

I've just been wanting to get with someone i.e. anyone, because everyone else is with someone, and I feel like I should too.I want(ed) the same amount of attention, adoration, and closeness that I see my friends getting.

But the thing is, they've got a lot of drama going on (trying to force incompatible personalities together etc), and my drama is zero (except the whole wanting a man, just or the sake of it thing lol). Glad the video was helpful to you!
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 7th March 2011, 11:06 pm

My God!!!!!!! Whew!!!!! That was so anointed!

@Tiff- Talk about some confirmation!!!!! Come on Holy Ghost!

Check Out Single and Saved I hope it blesses you as much as this video...that I will be posting to my blog!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 7th March 2011, 11:22 pm

This is so amazing!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 7th March 2011, 11:58 pm

I saw this a few days ago. This is a wonderfully blessed poem that needs to be heard by all women.
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by Isake~Kipaji~Fleur 8th March 2011, 1:46 am

That def spoke to me on so many levels. I had tears in my eyes watching and listening to it. She is definitely anointed. Lord, help me to continue to wait on You whether there is "The One" or not. And if it is the latter, help me to focus wholly on You and let nothing else matter. Amen!
Isake~Kipaji~Fleur
Isake~Kipaji~Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 10th March 2011, 2:18 am

Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to share these scriptures for all of us who may question our call to be witnesses for our God! Let's walk in the confidence that the Holy Spirit gives us!

“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,” (1 Peter 3:15)

“Now, son of man, I am making you a watchman for the people of Israel. Therefore, listen to what I say and warn them for me. If I announce that some wicked people are sure to die and you fail to tell them to change their ways, then they will die in their sins, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths. But if you warn them to repent and they don’t repent, they will die in their sins, but you will have saved yourself." (Ezekiel 33:7-9)

Peace and Love
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down