CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DID your CURLS change AFTER the BC?

+7
KinkyNappyHappy
Courtney
Lynnieluve
JORIE
mrsrenaissance
Erica5417
Intelligentbeauty
11 posters

Go down

DID your CURLS change AFTER the BC? Empty DID your CURLS change AFTER the BC?

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th January 2010, 5:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have been reading about women getting their BC and all sorts of things are changing.

Texture, moisture, curl pattern.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS, PLEASE?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

DID your CURLS change AFTER the BC? Empty Re: DID your CURLS change AFTER the BC?

Post by Erica5417 26th January 2010, 3:36 pm

I don't think the patterns change. Very often, we have relaxed hair weighing down our hair and the ends don't allow the natural hair to coil/curl/kink as it naturally would. Moisture changes because regimens probably need to be changed after the BC when you no longer have two textures.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

DID your CURLS change AFTER the BC? Empty Re: DID your CURLS change AFTER the BC?

Post by mrsrenaissance 26th January 2010, 8:47 pm

Great question! I often wonder the same thing. Right now I have no idea what my hair type is. You can definitely see & feel the new growth, but I feel like I have no wave/curl pattern. Must be my relaxed ends weighing it down. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by JORIE 26th January 2010, 9:06 pm

When I did my BC, I thought my texture was different than it actually was. When I had a relaxer, my new growth and edges always seemed very kinky and dry. I never knew I had a curl pattern. I think one cannot get the true sense of one's texture until all the relaxed hair is gone.
JORIE
JORIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th January 2010, 11:34 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have been reading about women getting their BC and all sorts of things are changing.

Texture, moisture, curl pattern.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS, PLEASE?

Stop letting these people spook you out. Your hair is going be beautiful!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th January 2010, 1:33 am

LOL Lynn [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
No, I am ok, really. Just was curious.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 27th January 2010, 1:48 pm

Hey IB-

I was curious about the same thing prior to my BC.

I must say as far as texture, mine is what I anticipated it to be...
My curl pattern is also what I anticipated, except the top is a little looser than I thought.
One big thing that I'm noticing....(Tomorrow marks 4weeks post BC), is the shine to my hair. When my hair was relaxed it was so dull. I actually from time to time used a shine rinse...no wonder my hair was so damaged.
My hair color is also richer, the relaxer faded my hair color. I personally like the richer color.
Now that I've gotten over the post BC dryness, I don't think moisture is an issue.
So I guess a long winded way to answer your question....No I don't think anything has changed....it's all good, and I'M SO HAPPY WITH MY NATURAL HAIR!!!!!!

woot!
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 2:44 am

Thanks ladies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th January 2010, 8:14 am

Hi IB~

You have more knowledge than I did, because you appear to have researched going natural. I had no idea what my hair would look like. With proper care/products and a regiment you will discover that your natural hair will be soft and manageable.

Since I've gone natural people are always trying to tell me about my hair. A friendof my insist that I have good hair, and that's why I could successfully go natural.

I've tried to tell her several times that there's no such thing as good hair; that we all just have different textures. Wink She's just not embracing what I am telling her. I'm sure that this is just a result of years of being incorrectly informed about our hair.

After you b/c your hair texture will change several times; so far I've noticed my curl pattern has change in the back and it looks like I can see more curl definition on the sides and in the front. Now that hair in the top is really doing its own thing. Rolling Eyes Howbeever...you will enjoy this journey and will learn so much about your hair.

One thing I didn't do that I suggest that you do...take pictures of you b/c and all the different phases you go through with your hair. My b/c wasn't planned, and I didn't take very many pictures, because it took me a minute to adjust and like my new look.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 12:31 pm

KNH, thank you so much for sharing your experience with me and your advise on the pics. I get that "good hair" "not nappy hair" response also. It's so annoying. But with sistas like us and the others on this site maybe slowly but surley we can turn the others around. We were all so brainwashed. It's sickening [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
'
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 28th January 2010, 1:31 pm

hey! Well in my opinion my curls did change...they change as they grow...they are becoming more curly and coily....a natural stylist told me that it takes at least a year for your curls to do what they naturally do...i guess like previous posts..ur hair has to get used to not being straight
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 31st January 2010, 12:06 pm

I have about 8 inches of relaxer left and 3- 5 inches of natural hair. I have tried all kinds of things with my hair, including going years without a relaxer. But this is the first time I have ever really learned about my hair since i was a kid. It took three months for me to see a curl pattern and i am having sooo much fun learning about my hair and what it's like. I find that as said above, the relaxed ends will change the way your curls look. But i wonder if it is also the weight of the hair based on any length. So it your hair is longer you will see the curl pattern stretched out. Shorter hair will be springier...Right?[img][/img]
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 31st January 2010, 2:34 pm

IB your hair is going to be beautiful. I was shocked at my curl pattern..pleasantly but still shocked. The new growth that made me run to get another touchup gave NO indication of what was truly under there. My curls surprise me daily! I can't wait til your BC. AND yes take pics at every stage....time flies when you are enjoying your natural hair!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 10:50 am

Thanks ladies for your responses [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st February 2010, 10:56 am

IB - another 6 weeks to go [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 1st February 2010, 11:11 am

IB-
Hey Lady! Time is moving....You BC will be here before you know it.
While it is still a process, and I'm still learning about what my hair likes and doesn't like, I I love you LOVE my natural hair. Kinks, curls, shrinkage and all!
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 11:31 am

I know Courney. I am so anxious now a days. I am so happy you are pleased and love your natural hair. You do look wonderful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 1st February 2010, 11:44 am

Yes, I know, as the date gets closer the nerves start kickin' in. You know so much, your hair is in the best condition, your hair is GORGEOUS! Smile
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 5:39 pm

Thanks Courtney [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down