CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

+75
Janet36603
Deva_87
talljournalist
.:Eden:.
caracara01
melbelle81
Karyn
prettysunshyne
KeishaMac
LOVELYREAN
MellowOne
jlowman1
DvaAuNaturel
Muz
Nikcoils
RissaRae
Yellagirlcurls
hurjurnee
NaturalNixon
newcurlieque
LaToya28
Erica5417
poeticlyspkng
CurlCita
SheeTacular
CrissyQ
mstokes2008
jamaicacurl
truet
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
TerraD
NubieNatty
Ameenah
Vee
krazy coils
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
exhale1913
CocoEuro
SimplyShainee
Winnielours
sunbaby
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
Mz. Thang
d.denise
Cherry: extraordinary!
cutephantasm
Shauny
p_nuttie43
bholmes87
Pinkrage
SisterBoyd
CombatCurls
traveljunkie08
Reeree1224
Miss CurlyT
MsJay1121
Juices-n-Berries
dajewel
CurlsGalore
adiaha
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
Intelligentbeauty
Corygentri
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
MahoganyCurls
79 posters

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by bholmes87 28th April 2010, 5:16 pm

Hey Jess!!!! I hope you're not too stressed with the move and your hubby MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Suspect
But personally, I also love the "bedhead" hair! I think it's pretty and it's big which I love I love you

But the second pic is gorgeous too! I can't understand him ... but since when are men easy to understand? smh just know that you are beautiful no matter how your hair is styled and your hubby will probably always have sideways things to say but that's why we're here! To encourage and support you (and tell you that what he said was stupid! lol)

Miss you Jess *HUGS*
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Empty Re: MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!)

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 5:28 pm

*pushing passed him to hug you* Awww Jess. You have started a hair revolution! Everyone want's Jess's hair! Young and old!! I agree with every1 that you guys are stressed! Just like all things this too shall pass. LOL @ CCC about not cooking! I am sure once he realizes he hurt your feelings he will apologize and be all over you again as usual! The important thing is YOU are beautiful no matter what length your curls are.

*hugs*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 28th April 2010, 5:29 pm

Wow. Well Jess I'm going to take the immature approach. You need a Homie the Clown Sock and just Bop him in the head when he says something stupid and insensitive. It's just that his brain need to reset so each bop will hit the reset switch..

No worries...Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 28th April 2010, 5:31 pm

Don't let hubby get to you! I don't think men realize how much their comments can pump us up or make us crash to the ground. I'm still transitioning and I remember asking my boyfriend what he thought about me doing the BC (this was a few months ago) and he basically said he wished I'd just go ahead and do it if I was going to so I'd quit talking about it.

I was shocked for a second because he's usually so supportive about other things and then all of a sudden I started crying...BIG fat sobbing crocodile tears. I couldn't help myself and I felt stupid for crying which only made me cry HARDER. Of course he felt bad because he didn't realize that my hair was such a big deal to me. How can he? He's a guy! Grow it, cut it, shave it off, that's all they do. They don't care about it because (and I quote) "It's just hair"

What I love about natural communities is that you can get more support from strangers sometimes than people close to you and it may be just the little push you need to keep going. We love you Jess and personally you're my hair idol! I watch all of your TWA youtube videos regularly to give me strength and prepare myself for my upcoming BC.

Sending lots of hugs your way!!! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_biggrin
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 28th April 2010, 5:56 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Wow. Well Jess I'm going to take the immature approach. You need a Homie the Clown Sock and just Bop him in the head when he says something stupid and insensitive. It's just that his brain need to reset so each bop will hit the reset switch..

No worries...Smooches.

MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Lol
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th April 2010, 6:43 pm

bholmes87 wrote:But personally, I also love the "bedhead" hair! I think it's pretty and it's big which I love MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Herz

Me too on the "bedhead" hair! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_redface Is that bad? Messy sometimes can look so good. Either way your hair is FAB!

Hugs to you. Doesn't your hubby know you are a YT MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Star3 and TWA MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_queen? MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Lol

Seriously though. I'm sure both of you all are stressed. Men def handle stress differently than we do, so he doesn't even realize his comments are insensitive. You guys will be settled soon enough, he'll pass his test, and the outlook will be different. Try not to let what he says bother you (easier said than done) and if all else fails just do what Shee said and Bop him in the head one good time MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_lol !
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th April 2010, 9:55 pm

hey MC,
I am glad you posted I missed you MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_smile .

Reading your post, I got teary eyed. Because my husband has been disliking my hair and it is so frustrating. I love everything about my hair, including the length right now(i have always had long hair so this is a great change). But he is making me feel unattractive. NO WOMAN WANTS TO FEEL THAT WAY!!!
I just don't understand them, WORDS DO HURT!!!
So I say all that to say, try to dissmiss his comments and find the love from within for your OWN hair and stay connected to wonderful curly communities like this. You are a famous youtuber, your on naturally curly vlogger and you are MC!!!! You are loved and well respected in the curly community because of your curls, fab product reviews, and inventive techniques. One day when your hair is down your back, he will eat his words and won't be able to keep his hands out of it MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_lol .

But until then IGNORE HIM, for your own sanity!!!
LOVE ALWAYS GIRL MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Herz
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 28th April 2010, 10:12 pm

Hey MC!

What is up with the husbands lately. My husband doesn't like my coils but I understand because it's my first time doing them. I actually like your hair both ways . I understand the moisture thing though because the second pic was juicy lol. OMG! not school daze BBA hair MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Lol . Maybe you could find a product that can moisturize without the wet look since he likes your hair with more of a fluff. I like big hair but I can understand how you wouldn't want to wear it like that all the time.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th April 2010, 3:16 am

Thanks guys! I feel better now!!! Last night he said he likes my hair, but it is only bc it isnt long now, i am like, my hair isnt that short, but he said, i know it just shrinks so much...i am like well you will have to deal with it..trust me, i like the shrinkage, but i would love to see the length sometimes too. I told himn you have to be patient with curly hair. He said he wasnt trying to offend me, he just likes the messy hair bc you can see more of my length...

all i could say is, you have to be patient. Curly hair takes a lot of patience and sanity, bc we all get annoyed by our hair..everyday, there is something new....
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 29th April 2010, 9:49 am

Well I'm glad he kinda redeemed himself! Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 29th April 2010, 10:48 am

Yeah, I dont want to punch his face anymore! I still love him! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Lol

Anyway, today we have been packing our clothes and home goods...all day, tomorrow morning the movers come and get our things. So i will be without internet for 2 days until we move into the hotel the last 3 days. Then next friday we are off to GA!

Just want to say goodbye and thank you for your support and I love you all! XOXOXOXOXO

Please pray for us to have a safe flight (you know crazy terrorist or the plane may blow up...lol!)

Kisess and Hugs!

Jess
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th April 2010, 10:54 am

It's not good bye.....it's see ya later!!! I pray you all have safe travels back to the states!!

Let us know when you make it....here or FB!

I'm glad hubby redeemed himself and you didnt have to punch him or go Homie the Clown on him. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 29th April 2010, 10:56 am

Reading some of ya'lls posts is making me glad I don't have to worry about a S.O. liking my hair or not right now. But I'm glad he redeemed himself.

Have a safe trip! I'm sure nothing will happen to your plane, and since you're coming in on an international flight you'll probably have a couple of Air Marshals on your flight, so you should feel extra safe. Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th April 2010, 11:11 am

lmaooooooooooooo@ **clap** big brother almighTEE. that is one of my all time FAVORITE movies, omg!! i be PRESS to do that tisha campbell dance routine "good or bad hair" AND "i dont wanna be alone tonight"

despite the hubby, i like the fro whether its in **clap**big brother almighTEE mode or just rolling over. thats the luxury of the fro. i love doin LESS to it and when its not done its even cuter. i was mad at my buckwheat look the other day but the more i stared in the mirror at it, the more i liked it. i guess cuz it was so different. i know when i leave the house NOBODY is lookin like me and everyone stares, mainly cuz they sayin "her hair isnt done" or "how did she walk out the house like that" but i be servin to they azzez like "yea bytch AND WHAT" wit my drag queen diva attitude!! **nose in the air** hmph!!

good luck on the move and get home safely!! smooches
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 11:18 am

Safe travels my friend. Hugs to the hubby I knew he would make it better! I am so excited for you to be back with your family!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 29th April 2010, 11:26 am

Hugs to ya MC ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th April 2010, 4:29 pm

Lmao @ Nubie. As usual. Lol. Safe travels Jess!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th April 2010, 4:40 pm

Safe travels MC!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sunbaby 29th April 2010, 6:31 pm

Wishing you safe travels MC. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
sunbaby
sunbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 29th April 2010, 6:54 pm

Have a safe trip! MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_biggrin and im glad everything worked out with the hubby; it kills me how crazy some people get over hair (thats not even theirs) MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_rolleyes lol smh

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th April 2010, 12:03 am

Lynnieluve wrote:It's not good bye.....it's see ya later!!! I pray you all have safe travels back to the states!!

Let us know when you make it....here or FB!

I'm glad hubby redeemed himself and you didnt have to punch him or go Homie the Clown on him. MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_lol

DITTO THAT.
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE MINE CAME AROUND LAST NIGHT TO SAYING HE LIKES MY HAIR JUST NOT THE STYLES................... MahoganyCurls- Herllo!!!! (In Madea's voice....lol!) - Page 39 Icon_rolleyes
ANYWAY, SAFE TRAVELS. WE ARE AWAITING YOUR RETURN.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 30th April 2010, 4:58 am

Have a safe flight hon!!! (((hugs))) Looking forward to your return ... I've missed you too!!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 30th April 2010, 7:51 am

Lol Nubie is a fool! Safe travels MC!!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th April 2010, 8:21 am

Hey MC...

WOW...at lot has been going on!! I'm glad you and the hubby are back on one accord; however, I think the stress of everything is getting the best of you both. Very Happy

I love your Bed Head hair!!! Also, I like your second picture (WnG) as well. We all look to you for reviews and hair techniques!!! Hang in there and remember it's all about HEALTHY CURLS regardless of th length!!

Wishing you safe travels...and can't wait to hear about your travels!!

((HUGS))

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th May 2010, 4:41 pm

Hey Jess,

we have a spot here on Curl street for you. Travel safely, I am sure you are sooo excited to go home.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next