CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 styles in 5 days!!

5 posters

Go down

7 styles in 5 days!! Empty 7 styles in 5 days!!

Post by Toni.Nu 4th August 2010, 2:12 pm

So I've been transitioning for about 8 months now with a sew-in weave, and just last week i decided to let my hair breathe. So I decided to do bantu knot outs, i've never actually styled my hair by myself before, so i guess the excitement of trying styles coupled with the knot outs not lasting more than a day made me style everyday- twists out one day, bantus the next, braid outs and more. Does this damage hair? And if you have any tips on how to achieve 2nd day or 3rd day hair on transitioning styles please share with me. Thank you!!
Toni.Nu
Toni.Nu

Back to top Go down

7 styles in 5 days!! Empty Re: 7 styles in 5 days!!

Post by wtfshanee 5th August 2010, 3:03 am

i would lovee help on this too. i can never achieve 2nd or 3rd day hair.
wtfshanee
wtfshanee

https://facebook.com/wtfshanee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 5th August 2010, 8:23 am

I use mousse on my braid and twist outs (Motions works really well), and I can usually get up to four days out of it, but I can't get my bantu knot out to last more than a day (still working on that one). Also sometimes you have to get creative to make the style last longer. On the third or fourth day of a braid out, I gel and scarf the front and clip the top half back leaving the back out, or I give myself a little hump (no gel) and wear the rest of my hair in a bun or french roll. Also you can just re-braid the front, so the style doesn't look as old as it really is. HTH
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Toni.Nu 6th August 2010, 2:08 am

thnx Ms.Fenty!!
Toni.Nu
Toni.Nu

Back to top Go down

Post by komirra 6th August 2010, 3:28 pm

ive been transitioning for 9 months and when ever i do twist/ braid out or bantu knots i almost always have to re style them the next day if i want it to be hanging down. u could try a variety of buns and cinnamon bun styles that work well on fallin, but still slightly textures hair. but i dont think thts over manipulation, i retwist alot and i havent noticed any breakage or damamge.
komirra
komirra

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 6th August 2010, 5:32 pm

I BC'd about 2 months ago and still have to do some kind of styling to my hair at night unless I want the huge fro kind of look. Depends on what Im trying to do or what kind of look Im trying to get. I think it also depends on what kind of texture your hair is.

I agree with Ms. Fenty also....
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Toni.Nu 8th August 2010, 9:48 am

Ok, I guess if it doesn't cause any damage then its fine. I checked youtube for some low-manipulation styles though. Thanks for your help!
Toni.Nu
Toni.Nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down