CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends with Relaxers

+16
IF IT COMES nATURAL
msjakkia
Girlie06
R2D2
BotanyGrl
~JOME~
dajewel
kurlykaren
sweetdrk1
splitsun
jamaicacurl
HAMPTONSFNST
tiashaunteƩ
LadyMika
Veela
BrownSkinDiva
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Friends with Relaxers - Page 2 Empty Re: Friends with Relaxers

Post by RayMingy 23rd January 2010, 1:01 am

Even though it can be hurtful I think it's important to realize that other people's "issues" with your hair really have nothing to do with you or your hair. There is no reason why YOUR decisions about YOUR hair should affect others to the point where they need to make negative comments or act like you cut their hair instead of your own. Whatever problems they have are theirs to keep and you don't need to take them upon yourself. You can't control the rudeness of others but you can hold onto and reflect on the reasons you decided to go natural and continue to be happy with your choices...after all you are the only one living your life and wearing your hair so the only opinion that truly counts is yours.
RayMingy
RayMingy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd January 2010, 8:31 am

the haters are secretly jealous cuz they dont have the ballz to step outside the box! when i had the mere thought of going natural my friends were skeptical especially since i was gonna cut it all off to the amber rose! once i sent the pic of it, everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

for some reason when u say natural people always ask "so what you gettin dreads now?" ummmm no!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 23rd January 2010, 8:54 am

RayMingy wrote:Even though it can be hurtful I think it's important to realize that other people's "issues" with your hair really have nothing to do with you or your hair. There is no reason why YOUR decisions about YOUR hair should affect others to the point where they need to make negative comments or act like you cut their hair instead of your own. Whatever problems they have are theirs to keep and you don't need to take them upon yourself. You can't control the rudeness of others but you can hold onto and reflect on the reasons you decided to go natural and continue to be happy with your choices...after all you are the only one living your life and wearing your hair so the only opinion that truly counts is yours.

You are absolutely right. It's also the reason why I no longer speak to my family (among other reasons). They were negative to begin with, but when it came to MY HAIR--because theirs was always breaking off--you'd think they were defending the Great Wall of China. And it wasn't even THEIR WALL!

By the way, where in BK are you from? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (I'm from Bushwick, but I live in Queens now.)
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RayMingy 23rd January 2010, 11:31 am

LadyMika wrote:
By the way, where in BK are you from? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (I'm from Bushwick, but I live in Queens now.)

I'm originally from Maryland but lived in Bushwick for about three years. Gates Ave - J Train!! lol Oh how I hated that J train. I live in Bay Ridge now.
RayMingy
RayMingy

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLizziA 23rd January 2010, 11:53 am

Girl don't worry yourself. I was always getting all kinds of crazy comments from family and friends. It happens to us all because of ignorance. But just read my signature and that will let u know how I feel about those type of people
MsLizziA
MsLizziA

http://strawberricurls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 23rd January 2010, 12:01 pm

RayMingy wrote:
LadyMika wrote:

I'm originally from Maryland but lived in Bushwick for about three years. Gates Ave - J Train!! lol Oh how I hated that J train. I live in Bay Ridge now.

Yeah, the J train is pretty epic fail. "J" for JUNK, IF it's even running! LOL I was going to move to Bay Ridge (just off the 86th st stop of the R) but the landlord flaked so I moved in with my boyfriend instead. =P
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 23rd January 2010, 10:17 pm

I'm my cousin's maid of honor in her October 2010 wedding and when she found out I'd cut my hair last month, she immediately started fretting about what she was going to do with it. She decided that she would just make it super straight (she's a stylist) and i told her we'd see because I wasn't going to allow my hard work to go down the drain with heat damage. So she says "Umm, this isn't n African wedding!" I told her to stop being an ignorant dumb a$$ and that was the end of that. Ridiculous!
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2