CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay...have u tried this stuff?????

+5
Erica5417
CurlyMo
IF IT COMES nATURAL
Happy2B
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
9 posters

Go down

Okay...have u tried this stuff????? Empty Okay...have u tried this stuff?????

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 18th January 2010, 3:06 am

Why didn't anyone tell me? ORS Loc & Twist Gel is the most aweomest stuff EVA!! WTH! So....I'm tryna do mini twists in my hair tonite...get halfway done and decide not to commit just yet....take them down and have the most lustrous waves with slight hold, a yummy smell...I love this stuff!!!!
It seems like it'll be a Great leave in too. Heres the ingredients....The top three ingredients are: Water, Coconut Milk and Soybean Oil ...
No cones no alcohol one paraben but thats IT!
Am I the only one goin nuts over this stuff? All I gotta say is Thank U Jesus cus I was not gonna buy it at first.....glad I did:)) Very Happy woot!
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Okay...have u tried this stuff????? Empty Re: Okay...have u tried this stuff?????

Post by Happy2B 18th January 2010, 3:15 am

I agree. This is the first product I bought when I BC'd about 3 months ago and it will forever be one of my staple products. I'ved used it on my twist outs and braid and curls and have had great result. No residues or flakes, good hold and great shine... I love this stuff. Last week I switched up and tried my twist out with Ecostyler gel and hated the results... I'm going back to my first love.
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Okay...have u tried this stuff????? Empty Re: Okay...have u tried this stuff?????

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 18th January 2010, 3:19 am

Yeah....u were holdin' out on us! This is the best....shouldnt even be called "gel" more like a souffle....dang I'm in love.... I love you
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 18th January 2010, 3:49 am

tried it .... loved it.... but due to the fact that i'm a newbie, I experiment with other products when doing my twist. BUT FEAR NOT ORS!!! YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN afro
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 19th January 2010, 12:28 am

ORS?
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 19th January 2010, 12:33 am

ORS= Organic Root Stimulator
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 19th January 2010, 12:36 am

Thanks Erica...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyV69 19th January 2010, 3:56 pm

I totally LOVE this stuff. And you're right-the gel in the name is kind of a misnomer. There's no alcohol in it like other gels, so it's not flaky or crunchy.

LadyV69

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 19th January 2010, 7:05 pm

I actually bought it for my daughter after the recommendation from NikG. But I fell it love too. I am currently rocking a head full of coils, all done with a little bit or ORS in the mix. I'm thinking of trying their other products too.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 19th January 2010, 7:50 pm

Ladies i dont see any CONES in this product but i did see Propyl Paraben and Methyl Paraben and Sucrose are the Paraben not bad for the hair???

I would love to try it but i wanted to check this out first...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 19th January 2010, 9:08 pm

3c...finally! wrote:Why didn't anyone tell me? ORS Loc & Twist Gel is the most aweomest stuff EVA!! WTH! So....I'm tryna do mini twists in my hair tonite...get halfway done and decide not to commit just yet....take them down and have the most lustrous waves with slight hold, a yummy smell...I love this stuff!!!!
It seems like it'll be a Great leave in too. Heres the ingredients....The top three ingredients are: Water, Coconut Milk and Soybean Oil ...
No cones no alcohol one paraben but thats IT!
Am I the only one goin nuts over this stuff? All I gotta say is Thank U Jesus cus I was not gonna buy it at first.....glad I did:)) Very Happy woot!

I hadn't, but you made me unleash the PJ in me and go get it...
So if my hubby asks, I'm blaming you... lol!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 20th January 2010, 12:13 pm

CurlyMo wrote:Ladies i dont see any CONES in this product but i did see Propyl Paraben and Methyl Paraben and Sucrose are the Paraben not bad for the hair???

I would love to try it but i wanted to check this out first...

I'm not sure about the Paraben's, but the Sucrose is good for moisture. I personally think it has an abundant supply of healthy hair ingredients that it can outweigh the bads.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 20th January 2010, 2:05 pm

I have tried this product and I wanted to like it but I don't Sad

As for parabens, I asked dajewel because I have a few products with them and here is what she said:

jamaicacurl wrote:
Ok so now I have question for you: Among other products that I've read about staying away from to promote healthy hair, it seems that parabens are kind of iffy. But I know some of my products contain them. What exactly are parabens and how are they good and bad for the hair?

Methyl paraben and ethyl paraben: Are parabens that are used as a preservative, specifically as anti-fungal and antibacterial agents. They are p-hydroxybenzoic esters. Methly paraben can be found in blueberries. Methly and ethyl parabens are cheap and very effective. They are quickly hydrolyzed/metabolized and excreted from the body. Acute toxicity studies on rats show parabens are practically non-toxic. Other studies show that due to weak protein competitive binding, the parabens are noncarcinogenic. They are also generally nonmutagenic. Still, there is research that suggests that parabens are skin allergens even at low concentrations, and is why they are last in the ingredient list. HTH!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 20th January 2010, 8:27 pm

jamaicacurl wrote:I have tried this product and I wanted to like it but I don't [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As for parabens, I asked dajewel because I have a few products with them and here is what she said:

jamaicacurl wrote:
Ok so now I have question for you: Among other products that I've read about staying away from to promote healthy hair, it seems that parabens are kind of iffy. But I know some of my products contain them. What exactly are parabens and how are they good and bad for the hair?

Methyl paraben and ethyl paraben: Are parabens that are used as a preservative, specifically as anti-fungal and antibacterial agents. They are p-hydroxybenzoic esters. Methly paraben can be found in blueberries. Methly and ethyl parabens are cheap and very effective. They are quickly hydrolyzed/metabolized and excreted from the body. Acute toxicity studies on rats show parabens are practically non-toxic. Other studies show that due to weak protein competitive binding, the parabens are noncarcinogenic. They are also generally nonmutagenic. Still, there is research that suggests that parabens are skin allergens even at low concentrations, and is why they are last in the ingredient list. HTH!

What does that mean though is it bad for your hair?
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down