CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the curly fro better better to do on dry or wet hair?

+2
tiashaunteé
photobscura
6 posters

Go down

Is the curly fro better better to do on dry or wet hair? Empty Is the curly fro better better to do on dry or wet hair?

Post by photobscura 16th January 2010, 5:34 pm

Hi,
I just finished watching ItsMsHeatherNicole's youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iLx1wTuRxs&feature=channel)on the curly fro and had a few questions. Is this look better on your hair if you do it straight out of a co-wash? Should you put a curly cream on your hair or is moisturizer enough?

Thanks!
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

Is the curly fro better better to do on dry or wet hair? Empty Re: Is the curly fro better better to do on dry or wet hair?

Post by tiashaunteé 18th January 2010, 11:17 pm

If you do it on wet hair it make take a while to dry but you will have really defined curls.
On dry hair you have the potential to get the "big" hair effect
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Is the curly fro better better to do on dry or wet hair? Empty Re: Is the curly fro better better to do on dry or wet hair?

Post by photobscura 18th January 2010, 11:31 pm

tiashauntee wrote:If you do it on wet hair it make take a while to dry but you will have really defined curls.
On dry hair you have the potential to get the "big" hair effect

Is it damaging to style your hair while it's dry?
photobscura
photobscura

http://www.katrinadavisphotograhy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th January 2010, 11:39 pm

Some say yes, some say no. It depends on how you handle your hair. I style both ways without a problem.
One way to quicken drying time is to let your hair dry a little 80-90% and then set in the style you chose.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 22nd January 2010, 10:06 am

I just did a curly fro by doing two strand twists and using perm rods while my hair was wet and yes it does take a lil bit for it to dry. I did it wednesday night, and yesterday i wore a tam on my head to let it air dry then took them out today and what ive noticed is that it is more defined when you do it on wet hair....
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 12:29 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:I just did a curly fro by doing two strand twists and using perm rods while my hair was wet and yes it does take a lil bit for it to dry. I did it wednesday night, and yesterday i wore a tam on my head to let it air dry then took them out today and what ive noticed is that it is more defined when you do it on wet hair....

Where are the pics?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 22nd January 2010, 12:46 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:I just did a curly fro by doing two strand twists and using perm rods while my hair was wet and yes it does take a lil bit for it to dry. I did it wednesday night, and yesterday i wore a tam on my head to let it air dry then took them out today and what ive noticed is that it is more defined when you do it on wet hair....

Where are the pics?

LOL im trying to take them now...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 22nd January 2010, 1:16 pm

photobscura wrote:Hi,
I just finished watching ItsMsHeatherNicole's youtube tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iLx1wTuRxs&feature=channel)on the curly fro and had a few questions. Is this look better on your hair if you do it straight out of a co-wash? Should you put a curly cream on your hair or is moisturizer enough?

Thanks!

I do the curly fro a couple times a week and I prefer it on wet hair. For me, it's easier on the tresses. I start from a co-wash and just refreshen on day 2 or 3 by spritzing with water and adding shea butter for moisture. I does take a minute to dry so what I usually do is twist my hair, let it air dry and then curl the twists under before I go to bed. This prevents me from waking up and my hair isn't all the way dry and therefore less defined. HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 22nd January 2010, 1:18 pm

Okay im on day one of my curly fro, how do you sleep with it? Do you get the smoosh hair the next day? How do you style it after the smooshed hair the night before?
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 22nd January 2010, 1:44 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:

Where are the pics?

I washed, DC'ed with the Oil Conditoner Routine, and did about 10-15
two strand twists and perm rodded them, and let it air dry for an
entire day and these are the results Smile

side view

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I loved the results Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 1:46 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:

Where are the pics?

I washed, DC'ed with the Oil Conditoner Routine, and did about 10-15
two strand twists and perm rodded them, and let it air dry for an
entire day and these are the results Smile

side view

I loved the results Smile

Cute!!! When my hair gets a little longer, I will definitely try out the curly fro!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 22nd January 2010, 1:47 pm

^^^ Girl your hair is growing phenomenally!! I love the avatar pics, and thanks Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 1:48 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:^^^ Girl your hair is growing phenomenally!! I love the avatar pics, and thanks Smile

Thanks!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 22nd January 2010, 11:45 pm

When I did the curly fro I did it on damp hair. I two strand twist it and rolled the ends with perm rods. LOVED the results.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 2 days later(I slept in a bonnet and just fluffed and lift at the roots with a pick)
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down