CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impact on curly hair

3 posters

Go down

Impact on curly hair Empty Impact on curly hair

Post by NappilyBeautiful 11th March 2011, 11:04 pm

Does anyone know what Aluminum does to curly hair? Does it loosen curls? Thanks for your help.
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Impact on curly hair Empty Re: Impact on curly hair

Post by Madeaj 11th March 2011, 11:10 pm

What form is the aluminum in? is it an aluminum compound (aluminun hydroxide or phosphate) or straight powered aluminum? Is it in a hair product? How is it or will it be used? scratch
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyBeautiful 11th March 2011, 11:14 pm

Don't know the name, but I think it's the straight powder kind. I was asking because I'm thinking of using the Bentonite Clay and I heard that it has aluminum it and that may loosed curl patterns.
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 12th March 2011, 12:10 am

I haven't used clay on my hair yet, but I have been wanting to try it. One of the other ladies might have some info on this. I do know that benonite clay is supposed to be safe. Its used for spa treatments and its one of few things I haven't seen a lot of bad press on. Hope someone else has better info for you.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 12th March 2011, 4:40 pm

Beautiful, I use Bentonite monthly. The only thing I can say is the first time I used it the majority of my curls were enhanced, but there was a bit of curl loosening in areas also. I didn't expect both of these to happen at the same time. It was temporary, but after the first use, I add amla powder to my clay and mix with hot hibiscus tea. I can't address the "aluminum" specifically, but I have heard of the loosening with ppl who use Rhassoul clay also. Some experience it and some don't. I don't know if that is the case with kaolin clay. White kaolin clay isn't as talked about in the natural hair world although it is the one that is actually recommended for dry hair since it is not suppose to draw oils from the skin.

A person might say do a strand test, but that is not fullproof if you have multiple hair textures. Hope this helps.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyBeautiful 12th March 2011, 8:17 pm

Thanks Nola!
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down